• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Isn't that funny that the master himself would overlook something like that, LOL. Mom's response says it all, Love it. So so happy for you and your family Simon, I knew with all the time you've devoted to helping us through our own processes, your visas would be easily acquired. What goes around comes back around…Congrats again!

Not just overlooked it - this is CLASSIC - don't introduce anything "extra" to the process - if he didn't have the darn thing he would have approved it!!!

So - Mrs Britsimon just had a clandestine meeting with Jose at the local MacDonalds. Jose was armed with a rubber stamp - and that makes him "official"!!! I love how stuff works here - it is hilarious sometimes.

Not quite sure about it is equivalent to translating yourself by law, but intuitively, it might be forbidden.

Let's see. My husband is the applicant, I am a derivative, my visa is dependent on him, he can't translate it, but I can? Err...

This site is not official but does state that neither a petitioner nor beneficiary can do the translation, supporting what seems blindingly obvious...
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/document-english-translation.html

I couldn't find any instruction that prohibits spouses or relatives from translating the documents, but I'd guess it should be somewhere.

There may or may not a an official instruction prohibiting a spouse or a relative from translating foreign issued documents into English for US immigration purpose, one thing I do know intuitively is that it doesn't make sense for someone with a vested interest in the immigration process to engage in translating the document. I wouldn't want to find myself in a situation at the time of the interview whereby the IO says sorry your petition can't be approved for now based on the fact that someone with a vested interest translated the document I'm presenting it.

And that's what NOLO seems to be saying too

"Any trustworthy friend who is fluent in English and the language of the document and is not your close relative is allowed to do the job."
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter4-14.html

OK - interview complete. All ok and he said he is pulling the visa today from IVAMSWEB (he was very aware of my letter) - I had STUPIDLY put a document in my aos packet which is aptitude certificate for entry to University. That document is in Spanish and although it wasn't a required document (because she had a US degree and so on) it DOES NEED a translation. I knew that. Stooopid me. Anyway - the IO wants that faxed in today and will then approve/complete the case today.

Congrats! you are fine.
Simon:
So, did you remind them what the memo said about IVAMSWEB?
And my wife and I are two different times, but we can go together, right?
What did the IO check your document? any specific? or just passport, i-94...etc?
Thank you!! and so happy for you.

Congrats! you are fine.
Simon:
What did the IO check your document? any specific? or just passport, i-94...etc?

I hope you and your wife are now encouraged by Simon's success. Hang in there, it's almost your turn.

Congrats! you are fine.
Simon:

He was already aware of the letter I had sent and also the policy memo - we discussed the need to check the visa in IVAMSWEB - and actually he clearly knows what he was doing because we are in card production just a couple of hours after faxing the translated document.

Very few checks, passport, payslips, wife's education. No I94 but he did ask the date of out last entry to the USA.

He was already aware of the letter I had sent and also the policy memo - we discussed the need to check the visa in IVAMSWEB - and actually he clearly knows what he was doing because we are in card production just a couple of hours after faxing the translated document.

Very few checks, passport, payslips, wife's education. No I94 but he did ask the date of out last entry to the USA.

simon, congrats to you and your family :) anyway, do you have a link to the policy memo or a web page in regards to IVAMSWEB? i want to make sure that my sister has it ready after the interview in case the IO has no clue what to do.

@Mammad what's going on with you? Any progress in the FBI clearance?
Thanks for asking @wreck_it_ralph . Nothing new. On last Thursday a congressional request was sent on my behalf to Nebraska Service Center which schedules the bio appointment and requests the background check. I also emailed the email address for FBI check name inquiries on their website twice. Haven't heard back about any of them yet....