• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I got an email notificaton this morning at 5:30am says they have already sent out the green card! Wow...does the card production center open 24/7???

I got an email notificaton this morning at 5:30am says they have already sent out the green card! Wow...does the card production center open 24/7???

Lol..... no, it's not. The mail was most likely picked up yesterday and the notification got sent this a.m.

There is no tracking no. On my case status page :(

Hmmn! weird.

The email notification you received about the card, was it something similar to this?:

"Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on May xx, xxxx. The USPS tracking number assigned is #DCN. You can use this number at <a href="https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=#DCN" target="_blank">www.usps.com</a> to view updates to the delivery status of your mail. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Also what does your online status show/indicate?

Hello All,

I was recently reading the posts and found out that the DHS memo about early AOS package submission can be very helpful. I've been trying to find it but was not very successful. I was wondering if anyone has a direct link to it? I assume it is published somewhere on the USCIS web-site, is that correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chemist

Hmmn! weird.

The email notification you received about the card, was it something similar to this?:

"Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on May xx, xxxx. The USPS tracking number assigned is #DCN. You can use this number at <a href="https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?origTrackNum=#DCN" target="_blank">www.usps.com</a> to view updates to the delivery status of your mail. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

Also what does your online status show/indicate?

No its sth like this:
On May 29, 2014, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

No its sth like this:
On May 29, 2014, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
This normally goes on at the beginning of the day, and around the end of the day it will be updated similar to what was posted above with a tracking number :cool:

Hello All,

I was recently reading the posts and found out that the DHS memo about early AOS package submission can be very helpful. I've been trying to find it but was not very successful. I was wondering if anyone has a direct link to it? I assume it is published somewhere on the USCIS web-site, is that correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chemist
Here's the link: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

No its sth like this:

In that case, you will most likely receive another notification with the tracking number once USPS provides that information to USCIS. Nothing to worry about.

Hello All! I did my bio walk in earlier and Today was my on bio letter date. I looked in our spreadsheet and looks like many of You got interview letter about a week after on bio letter date.
Hope I will get my soon too :).

Hi my friends,
I keep reading maybe more than 5 times all posting. And i just decided to connect with my congressman but i don't know if my English is enough to explain my situation. Do you have any suggestion? and also do you know the format?

Here is our interview story for those of you who might be interested in:

Our IL was issued on May 14th and was scheduled for May 29th at 9:20 AM. We are doing AOS at Washington FO. We got there about 10 mins early and indeed the officer was waiting for us. As we showed our IL to the reception, a lady standing there talking to others asked my husband is she your wife? She then asked us to follow her. A few mins later we found out that she is the officer and we were at her office. She was too serious, asked us to take the oath and then sit. She said, I have already gone over your file yesterday and I was just waiting for you to show up. Then, she asked for my husband's birth certificate and I-20s and also 660$ receipt. Then she took I-94 from his passport and asked for mine (I did not have any as I re-entered US last May when they no longer issued I-94). She asked some of yes/No questions and that was it. She did not ask anything from me, just said so you are on F1/F2 and then looked at my I-20 copies and corrected: oh, no you are also F1.:D, Apparently, she has reviewed our file yesterday!!!!

After all, she said the good news is that your case has been approved and the bad news is that I still do not have your files from KCC, I made a request and still am waiting for that which should probably be here by tomorrow or next week. Then, I have to request a visa number from department of states which is the most difficult part. After that, it was our turn to ask questions, my finger print was rejected once due to bad quality of my skin, so I had to re-do that but was not sure if the second one was rejected or not. She said it was rejected and didn't you submit the police certificate؟, I replied No, I do not know what and where to submit it!!!!She then told me: oh, I had someone else today with the same issue who submitted hers, that is why I thought I have yours as well. I have been issued a request for evidence, then and I went to police department of the city where I live and got police certificate and got back to the office, asked for the officer, insisted on meeting her. She then came and took the record and said that is exactly what she needed and I am good to go. I was surprised that she did not asked for tax returns or any other documents, I asked her once more and she said she does not need anything else.

A few hours later, it seemed they had received the files from KCC and our status first got to Card production and then to decision, saying that we should receive a notice soon. I hope soon we get our real cards :).

Thank you so much Mom for all your useful comments an I wish green status for all other members as well.

Last edited:
Here is our interview story for those of you who might be interested in:

Our IL was issued on May 14th and was scheduled for May 29th at 9:20 AM. We are doing AOS at Washington FO. We got there about 10 mins early and indeed the officer was waiting for us. As we showed our IL to the reception, a lady standing there talking to others asked my husband is she your wife? She then asked us to follow her. A few mins later we found out that she is the officer and we were at her office. She was too serious, asked us to take the oath and then sit. She said, I have already gone over your file yesterday and I was just waiting for you to show up. Then, she asked for my husband's birth certificate and I-20s and also 660$ receipt. Then she took I-94 from his passport and asked for mine (I did not have any as I re-entered US last May when they no longer issued I-94). She asked some of yes/No questions and that was it. She did not ask anything from me, just said so you are on F1/F2 and then looked at my I-20 copies and corrected: oh, no you are also F1.:D, Apparently, she has reviewed our file yesterday!!!!

After all, she said the good news is that your case has been approved and the bad news is that I still do not have your files from KCC, I made a request and still am waiting for that which should probably be here by tomorrow or next week. Then, I have to request a visa number from department of states which is the most difficult part. After that, it was our turn to ask questions, my finger print was rejected once due to bad quality of my skin, so I had to re-do that but was not sure if the second one was rejected or not. She said it was rejected and didn't you submit the police certificate؟, I replied No, I do not know what and where to submit it!!!!She then told me: oh, I had someone else today with the same issue who submitted hers, that is why I thought I have yours as well. I have been issued a request for evidence, then and I went to police department of the city where I live and got police certificate and got back to the office, asked for the officer, insisted on meeting her. She then came and took the record and said that is exactly what she needed and I am good to go. I was surprised that she did not asked for tax returns or any other documents, I asked her once more and she said she does not need anything else.

A few hours later, it seemed they had received the files from KCC and our status first got to Card production and then to decision, saying that we should receive a notice soon. I hope soon we get our real cards :).

Thank you so much Mom for all your useful comments an I wish green status for all other members as well.

Yahoo! Congratulations nesh!! I'm very happy for you. *thumbs up* Quite smart of you to have asked about the 2nd bio result. Without the police certificate you ended up submitting, she wouldn't have been able to approve your case upon further review because you hadn't cleared the background check.

Enjoy your new LPR status! ;)

Hello All! I did my bio walk in earlier and Today was my on bio letter date. I looked in our spreadsheet and looks like many of You got interview letter about a week after on bio letter date.
Hope I will get my soon too :).

Don't be disappointed if you don't get your IL within a week or so, receiving the IL is mostly not dependent on when the bio is done. Each FO operates according to its own timetable.