• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - And off we go again!

i just checked my status on the dv page and found this

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. Please note that more entries may be selected on October 1, 2012 at noon (EDT), and we encourage you to keep your confirmation information to check again at that time to see if you have been selected.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.

I think you've misunderstood the 6 months reference in Qwety's post. I believe the message she's trying to pass across is that the visas issued by the embassy following a successful interview has a 6 month-expiration period. Of course, any successful applicant can use the visa to enter the United States the very next day it is issued, provided they are ready and have the means to move right away.

i understood her, u are the one misunderstanding me now. what i meant is that after the registration for dv2014 one has to wait for another six months to see the results.

i just checked my status on the dv page and found this

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa program at this time. Please note that more entries may be selected on October 1, 2012 at noon (EDT), and we encourage you to keep your confirmation information to check again at that time to see if you have been selected.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below.

Hi tiwanna

Yes I think we all still have this message when we log in, however the most recent update is that a second draw MAY occur on October 22nd.

Here's hoping there is one :)

Warm wishes

Q

Pls dv winners help,can i fill my online dv form with capital letters or first letter with capital letter follow by small letters.e.g OBAMAOBAMA, Obamaobama,obamaobama

Pls dv winners help,can i fill my online dv form with capital letters or first letter with capital letter follow by small letters.e.g OBAMAOBAMA, Obamaobama,obamaobama

Yes, I think I followed sentence case myself, i.e. first letter capital, and the rest small letters.

Best of luck!

I doubt how the form is filled has any bearing on selection. My form was filled out in all CAPS! It's all a matter of individual preference.

As long as it's accurate, that's what counts. The rules state that the biographical data on form must be completed fully, and represent what is on your passport.

As long as it's accurate, that's what counts. The rules state that the biographical data on form must be completed fully, and represent what is on your passport.[/QUO

hurraaaay let the 2014 registration begin ooooo............. i wish all applicants gud luk and surely what God has ordained to come past in ur life will SURELY be fullfilled.

B Regards and once again wish all a fruitful endeavour.:cool::D

hey guys! :)

I just submitted my application! I hope I can get it this year!
I was wondering if I can still leave the US after I submitted the application but before the results come in?
I'm in the country on a student visa. Therefore, I was wondering if I would have any trouble coming back into the country.

Thanks and Good Luck to the rest of the DV-2014 applicants!
Ray :)

Absolutely! You can go in and out of the country without any hindrance. The only time its not advisable to leave the country is if following a successful selection, you decide to process via AOS and you've sent your I485 forms to Chicago.

Good luck!

hey guys! :)

I just submitted my application! I hope I can get it this year!
I was wondering if I can still leave the US after I submitted the application but before the results come in?
I'm in the country on a student visa. Therefore, I was wondering if I would have any trouble coming back into the country.

Thanks and Good Luck to the rest of the DV-2014 applicants!
Ray :)

Absolutely! You can go in and out of the country without any hindrance. The only time its not advisable to leave the country is if following a successful selection, you decide to process via AOS and you've sent your I485 forms to Chicago.

Good luck!

thanks for the haste reply, sm1smom! :)
appreciate it!

No, you can't reuse the photo you used last year. The photo you use has to be less than 6 months old.

I know but it is a pain in the neck to take a good photo with all their requirements. I still look exactly the same on the photo.

Agreed, you may look exactly the same as you did last year. The problem with using an 'older picture' is the fact that each picture has data identifying when it was taken. If you right click on the picture and select the "Properties" option, you will discover it has information pertaining to the date when it was taken. This may be one of the ways they're able to tell whether the picture is recent or not (I'm just taking a wild guess on this). So if you're able to make changes to the date, you may want to use the same picture again. It's your call!

I know but it is a pain in the neck to take a good photo with all their requirements. I still look exactly the same on the photo.

Sab355

Hi i entered the dv lottery for 2014 but im from Australia and we dont call completing year 12 or high school degree so when i had the chooce if ive completed high school, no degree or high school degree i chose high school no degree as i though it was refering to completing high school but no going to UNI to finish a degree. i have completed it and have my certificate and also completed diplomas would i still have a chance to be selected ? even though i selected high school no degree? reaaly confused on the procees.

cheers