• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - And off we go again!

Qewty

Registered Users (C)
"DV 2014 Program-Online Registration
Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later.

Q

hey

Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later.

Q

at last here we go again, i have hope in this coming year, cos i have mistakenly formated my 2013 confirmation number with my laptop so i got no hope for it again, but i beileve God will help me in this 2014 own... lets go there guyzzz... we going to give it all its going to take... good luck as we starts the race soon

Q

I hope that luck is with me for DV2014 as DV2012 was a farce and depending on whether there is another draw for DV2013 in Oct im putting my hopes on DV2014!!!

Here we go again!!!!

Hey Quewty! Glad to see you again, and thanks so much for trolling the State Department site to let us know when DV-2014 begins!

46 more days until we find out if there is still any luck left for DV-2013. Got the new picture ready for DV-2014 already!

To all who are applying for DV-2014, BEST OF LUCK! We sure could use some!:cool:

Sukie

Hi Sukie! Hi Bahamas Chick! Hi everybody else :)

It's a bit like a reunion we didn't really want to have isn't it?

Never mind, we are back here again. I will be getting my "American sized' photos next time I visit Costco then I will be all ready to do another application (this time we will have two apps as hubby will apply with me).

Amazing how quick the year has gone really.

Here's hoping we this will be our last year of meeting up with 'not selected' on our signatures.

Warm wishes

Q

Hi Sukie! Hi Bahamas Chick! Hi everybody else :)

It's a bit like a reunion we didn't really want to have isn't it?

Never mind, we are back here again. I will be getting my "American sized' photos next time I visit Costco then I will be all ready to do another application (this time we will have two apps as hubby will apply with me).

Amazing how quick the year has gone really.

Here's hoping we this will be our last year of meeting up with 'not selected' on our signatures.

Warm wishes

Q

Getting ready for the next application too :)

Q, weren't you going to try the E-3 route as well? I'm going to attempt a family based GC too I think, as well as the DV. Quite a gamble though for the family based. Good luck to everyone :)

Hey Jess, good to see you !

I saw your other posts re the family route and I'm keeping my fingers cross you can do it :) We will have to wait until hubby is an Aussie citizen before going down the E3 path, so that one is sitting on the back burner until that is viable. In the meantime, we have to play the lottery :)

Warm wishes

Q

Hey Jess, good to see you !

I saw your other posts re the family route and I'm keeping my fingers cross you can do it :) We will have to wait until hubby is an Aussie citizen before going down the E3 path, so that one is sitting on the back burner until that is viable. In the meantime, we have to play the lottery :)

Warm wishes

Q

Ah, makes sense. Hopefully the lottery works for you soon then, would be much easier than the E-3, and permanent ;).

Haha, I've had to post in so many forums to try and get an answer. Not really getting much help though. I think I might just do it and hope for the best. If not, I lose $440, but on the other hand it could work and it'd be wonderful... We shall see :(

It's nice to be back once again after the long silence.
I was just wondering if anyone has to about the implications/consequences of the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) policy of the Obamacare?it's kinda creapy.
Won't this lead to the anti-christ?

39 days until the next go!

I know there are others on this list that are just holding their breath until October 1st comes around. I know it's not a sure thing that they will have another draw, but I can't help getting my hopes up, yet again. For those of us who really really NEED this to come through, best of luck. For those who really really WANT this second chance, best of luck to you, too.

I will seem unkind here, but for the people who enter this lottery on a lark, I wish you wouldn't waste the chance for those of us who really really NEED and/or WANT a chance!

The closer it gets, the more I seem to be on "pins and needles"!

Hey Sukie

I understand where you are coming from. Every time I read a post that starts a sentence with "So I entered the lottery, I won, but now I don't know if I really want it...." or "I won the lottery but I don't want to live in the US now, can I just visit for a few years?" I think of everyone who really wants, and needs :D , to win the lottery.

I know you and yours are well and truly on the 'needs' list and you know how I feel about one coming your way - soon!

I am being my own devil's advocate in thinking Oct 1 won't bring a second draw, I guess so my hopes don't get up too high. But if I was really honest, I hope they have found the uptake of Oceanic visa's is too low for DV 13 and they HAVE to do another draw.

It's not that long until we find out either way.

I scour the internet trying to find news the closer we get, so if I find anything, I will post it up asap.

Warm wishes

Q

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm new to this board and hopefully a new DV-2014 applicant. I was just wondering if you could please give me some advice.

My husband and I will both be applying for the DV-2014. If we are are lucky enough to be successful and are issued visas, when would we be expected to travel to the USA? I have read all the documentation about the application process but no where seems to explain when we would be moving to the USA.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Srose and welcome to the forum :)

If you are selected for an interview, and at interview are approved for a visa, you will have 6 months or less to enter the United States to activate your green card. There are situations where folks do that but then return back home "for a short period" to get their affairs in order (usually talking about just a few months here). The whole point is to permanently reside there, so time in and out of the States is an issue if it is too long. I think I went beyond the initial question there, sorry about that! :)

Q

I have an important question :)

Im 19 and studying in the USA. Can i Enter myself into the DV lottery (I do qualify) aswell as both my mom and dad, with me being under their application? So that means there would be three entries I could win under, one being my own, the other two being under my mom as the main applicant and the other my dad the main applicant? I know you can do two entries if your married one for each person, but not sure if I can do that and enter myself aswell?

Thanks!

Yes you can apply as the main applicant, and at the same time with your parents as the main applicants.

I think you've misunderstood the 6 months reference in Qwety's post. I believe the message she's trying to pass across is that the visas issued by the embassy following a successful interview has a 6 month-expiration period. Of course, any successful applicant can use the visa to enter the United States the very next day it is issued, provided they are ready and have the means to move right away.

wow another 6 months of waiting after the registration? god help us all.

Thank you Sm1smom, yes that's exactly what I mean. Once you get selected from the draw, if you are then lucky enough to make it to interview, and then finally get the visa, you have to enter the USA before 6 months is up from that date. If you are very organised, you can go as quick as you like once you have the passport back :) From some experiences I have read, they will quite likely ask you at the interview when you intend to enter the States too.

Q