• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 african selectees under administrative processing report here

Family2133

Registered Users (C)
I would like to congratulate all the selectees of DV 2014. Those who have gone through their visa interviews successfully without being put on Administrative processing, praise God and thank Him for the great success. However there are some selectees who have attended their visa interviews and have been put on A.P, if you are one of such people, let us use this thread to share experience and advice each other until we go through this A.P process.

1ST NAIROBI POST, 2014 DV INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE IN THE HOUSE, Author, FAMILY2133.
My family and I woke up at 4 in the morning, prepared our selves, we said our prayers after a song " All to Jesus I surrender"., at 530 am we headed for Odeon to take the matatu to Gigiri, we left odeon at around 5;45am and we reached Gigigri at around 5:50am. we walked slowly to the embassy taking our time(the embassy is just a few steps from the Gigiri bus stop.
We reached the embassy gate at 6 minutes to 6am, we found few people and we were surprised, the Askari opened the gate at 6am exactly( confirming what Guriix said).
Men musululu moja and ladies the same, so ladies were checked by fellow ladies and men by fellow men. within 10 minutes, we were thru with the 1st security check up. We went to the 2nd check up where we left all the metallic materials and the CDs from IOM. we were given a tag which we will use to collect our property on our way out.Here , they consider people with children first so Godia and the other single guys Partitas will go before you however much you arrive early, so being with 2 kids , we were considered first.
When we entered, we were told to proceed to the main desk to pick the number , they told my wife to remain inside with the kids and they told me to go and wait from the outside coldness(men are ever tortured), what to do I went and started another journey of waiting. We waited for like 30 minutes and then our number was called on window 4, we found a Somali lady who told us to present the
1.O-level certificate and a copy,
2.marriage certificate and a copy
3.Police certificate and a copy
4.Passports
6.Recent photos
She asked whether the principal applicant went for further studies after O-level and we said that we have a certificate in IT.
she asked us whether we have ever lived in another country, ever got involved in drug trafficking, how many marriages has each of us ever got involved in,where we answered all these questions. She told us that one person should go pay and bring back the receipts while others can go sit and wait for our number to be called again. Another session of waiting started, I went back to where I belong(in the coldness, poor me).
This time, my kid said that he wants to go out with me which I accepted, when we reached outside, the coldness was too much for him so he kept on disturbing the askaris going back inside and coming back outside within in a few minutes, this pissed off the askaris and the ladies at the front desk, I dint know that I had produced the famous Chris Tucker, the boy insisted that he wants to be with dad, so these people had nothing to to bu to let somebodies dad inside, thats when I got saved from the coldness.
We waited for so long and in fact we started getting nervous bcs even the numbers that came after us were called before us, we never lost hope though.
During my reign in the coldness, I talked to some guy who is also a DV winner and he said he did not know about the forum, he seemed so green about most of the DV processes good enough I invited him to join the forum.
Finally, we were called at window 6 and some zungu lady took my finger prints and those of my wife, she said that our finger prints look ok so she will not need to take the children's. She told us to go and wait again to be called to face the CO, this is the time when I remembered that I had not visited the urinals.
We waited and it was not so long when our number names were called to window 8, we got some muzungu lady in her early 40s
CO; I want both of you to raise your hands and swear that whatever you wrote in these documents is nothing but the truth.
US: We swear so
CO: I want the husband to sign these two forms for the kids and his also also, mum sign for yours also.
US: we signed and returned the forms
CO; I can see that this one is O-Level, dint you go for A-Level
we answered in negative and we told her that after O-level, senior five and after S.5, a certificate in IT for one year. She asked whether we have evidence for that, we pulled out the S.5 Reports and the transcript for IT.
She told us that she would love to stay with those documents and verify them before she can approve the visas, which we accepted. She had picked a pink paper but she returned it back instead, she told us that let me give you the passports so that you can return home, we will be in touch either via mail or phone. By the way, where do you intend to stay, we answered Oklahoma, she asked us who lives there and the relationship, we answered.
Before she finally left us to go, she took the IT certificate and showed it to some one behind, she returned it and said safe journey hoke we will be in touch soon.GUYS BE IN CLASS THIS IS THE AP I USED TO HEAR ABOUT.
I called partitas to have a lunchon, the lunch was nice, right now partitas, my family and I are chilling, we plan to travel back to kla today evening.
Guys comments now be in class.

brother i believe in the almighty that you will get your visa soon keep the faith mate and thanks for starting the thread for others

Familly2133 thanks for ur posts that will help everyone
U taking the same path as Gabam, I have no doubts
About ur case, it will be a happy end just the waiting game
Is heavy to handle, I got a high case no and I know we will
Be still put in AP, I'm just wondering if eu pple also get AP ??
let's wait and see ...

We keep praying for you bro.
I would like to congratulate all the selectees of DV 2014. Those who have gone through their visa interviews successfully without being put on Administrative processing, praise God and thank Him for the great success. However there are some selectees who have attended their visa interviews and have been put on A.P, if you are one of such people, let us use this thread to share experience and advice each other until we go through this A.P process.

Familly2133 thanks for ur posts that will help everyone
U taking the same path as Gabam, I have no doubts
About ur case, it will be a happy end just the waiting game
Is heavy to handle, I got a high case no and I know we will
Be still put in AP, I'm just wondering if eu pple also get AP ??
let's wait and see ...
Yes the waiting is heavy to carry, I now see what Gabam went through, I have no communication yet and I hear that the AP is between 2weeks to 6 months. Why do you suspect that you will be put on AP?

Yes the waiting is heavy to carry, I now see what Gabam went through, I have no communication yet and I hear that the AP is between 2weeks to 6 months. Why do you suspect that you will be put on AP?
I live in different country,that's why they will want to check my back ground after the interview ! Although I'm not the principal applicant !
I'm so sure I will go through AP ...

I live in different country,that's why they will want to check my back ground after the interview ! Although I'm not the principal applicant !
I'm so sure I will go through AP ...
I see, but once your record is not bad, it will not take long, all I know the fiscal year can not end before they give feed back to people on AP.

sellctee for Dv 2014 attended interview in cairo and left without knowing he is AP, grant or denied

]Hellow every win wish u every success

I have attended my interview in Cairo in 13/11/2013, I had submitted original and copies all my following documents before the chancellor
bachelor degree
high school
criminal record
medical check
birth cert
fee payment receipts (visa & Dhl)

after the interview the consular said:( I shall give you back your passport, we have a lot of work to do in your visa, we shall contact you, you are done thank you and immediately handed out my passport to me. he didn't tell me that I was put in AP or some thing like that , I had no missing document, I answered all his questions as it has to be, now 15 days passed i recieved no call yet from the embassy to request my passport,and I am not told whether succeeded my interview or not, he kept all my original documents with him.
( given that I put my address in Sudan not Egypt for Dhl courier rep before going to the interview)

please I hope to get your ideas and feedback soon to understand what is happening to me and how to check my status

thanks a lot my dears

Last edited by a moderator:

I have attended my interview in Cairo in 13/11/2013, I had submitted original and copies all my following documents before the chancellor
bachelor degree
high school
criminal record
medical check
birth cert

after the interview the chancellor said:( I shall give you back your passport, we have a lot of work to do in your visa, we shall contact you, you are done thank you and immediately handed out my passport to me. he didn't tell me that I was put in AP or some thing like that , I had no missing document, I answered all his questions as it has to be, now 15 days passed i recieved no call yet from the embassy to request my passport,and I am not told whether succeeded my interview or not, he kept all my original documents with him.
( given that I put my address in Sudan not Egypt for Dhl courier rep before going to the interview)

please I hope to get your ideas and feedback soon to understand what is happening to me and how to check my status

thanks a lot my dears

Well you are on AP - that much is clear. As to why, or how long it will take, there is just no way to predict.

bachelor degree
high school
criminal record
medical check
birth cert

after the interview the chancellor said:( I shall give you back your passport, we have a lot of work to do in your visa, we shall contact you, you are done thank you and immediately handed out my passport to me. he didn't tell me that I was put in AP or some thing like that , I had no missing document, I answered all his questions as it has to be, now 15 days passed i recieved no call yet from the embassy to request my passport,and I am not told whether succeeded my interview or not, he kept all my original documents with him.

thanks a lot my dears

In my opinion u are under AP for more futher checks ups on the authenticity of the document that u provided to them, according to what u have said .
U can follow ur case process on logging to ur account to check and see whether is it issued or not yet...

bachelor degree
high school
criminal record
medical check
birth cert

thanks a lot my dears
My dear, that is the same thing that happened to me, the consular said that "let me give you the passports so that you can travel back home (the interview was in Nairobi Kenya and I come from Kampala Uganda), I will remain with these documents and review the qualifications, we shall contact you either by phone or by e-mail". She never gave us any paper or told us that we are under AP, but she remained with the originals. Its now 9 days no response yet.

In my opinion u are under AP for more futher checks ups on the authenticity of the document that u provided to them, according to what u have said .
U can follow ur case process on logging to ur account to check and see whether is it issued or not yet...
How do you log in to your account, which website? If its the CEAC website, whenever you try to enter your case number to check the status, it says that invalid case number. However if its a case number for DV 2013, it gives feed back , i.e the status of the visa application

I hear that AP takes between 2 weeks and 6 months, depending on how soon they get the results of their investigations.

Forget the 2 weeks to 6 months time frame you've heard about. There's no guarantee how long an AP case is likely to take. Of course they try to fast track DV based AP cases, however there are some that have gone well beyond the 6 months timeline.

Hi guys, today I did my interview in cairo. After routine questions about my job and my cousin whom I wrote his address and where I intend to stay in us, he told me we have to do some work to your visa you can take your passports, when we finish it we will contact you.
I asked him if there is any number or website to check my status? He said no
I asked him if it is administrative processing he said no. He repeated when we finish we will contact you.
We are family with two children.
I sent an email to embassy inquiring about my case, they replied my case undergoing mandatory administrative process .
Al hamdolilah for everything.

Hi guys, today I did my interview in cairo. After routine questions about my job and my cousin whom I wrote his address and where I intend to stay in us, he told me we have to do some work to your visa you can take your passports, when we finish it we will contact you.
I asked him if there is any number or website to check my status? He said no
I asked him if it is administrative processing he said no. He repeated when we finish we will contact you.
We are family with two children.
I sent an email to embassy inquiring about my case, they replied my case undergoing mandatory administrative process .
Al hamdolilah for everything.

At the interview the visa can be approved, denied or administrative processing (AP). AP can take any length of time - for some it might be as simple as getting a missing form or for others it can involve some background checks. So the timeline can vary from days to months depending on the circumstances.

How do you log in to your account, which website? If its the CEAC website, whenever you try to enter your case number to check the status, it says that invalid case number. However if its a case number for DV 2013, it gives feed back , i.e the status of the visa application

Sorry I only saw ur post now !
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?
If still doesn't go through, than its has to take time I believe all the other
People that went, through ap used this link like gabam ...