• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

Winners of DV 2014 with no address in US

Hi Friends,

I have a little concern about the form that we have to fill and send via mail to KCC
the form is DS-0230 and the question is the following

10. Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live, if
known (street address including ZIP code). Include the name of a person
who currently lives there.

11. Address in the United States where you want your Permanent
Resident Card (Green Card) mailed, if different from address in item #10
(include the name of a person who currently lives there).

my question is, what if I don`t know no body there, shall it leave it blank or what, or if I leave it blank will it affect the process ?

please I need ur urgent reply, coz so far I have not send the form only because of these questions.
case number 2014AF0011xxxx
:)

selectee from Ghana

Hi all i'm also a selectee. Here are my details

Current status: F-1 student in US on OPT-STEM 17month extension
5/6/13 checked and I'm selected for dv2014
5/7/13 infopass interview with USCIS: officer recommends AOS
CN: 2014AF00027XXX
Chargeability Country: GHANA

Any Ghanaians who have been selected in previous years comment on my Case number and their experiences??? I know AFRICA is the whole region but... :)

CN: 2014AF00100xxx (somali)
I know my number is very high what is my chance of getting an interview or visa?

Khamsa,

you will certainly get an opportunity to get interviewed. For African region, looking at the last couple of years, it gets CURRENT AUGUST. So you should have an interview in August or september next year. Just prepare and get ready.

DV 2014 South Africa

Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to this forum and I'm glad I came across it. I'm a DV 2014 winner from South Africa and my case number is 2014AF00045***.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on winning. I need something cleared up please folks. I moved to South Africa in 2009 and lived there till last August. I have been back to Nigeria for 9 months. Question is, do I have to get police clearance from both countries (Nigeria &S.Africa) my temporary residence permit expired after my return.

Secondly, will informations supplied in previous visa applications be brought up during the interview for DV lottery? I applied twice previously while in S.Africa, I was denied both times but would any information I supplied then be brought up?

Also, I would like some clarifications on the affidavit of support, my opinion is that I don't need an affidavit of support but it won't hurt to go with my bank statement with substantial amount. $10000 maybe?

Yes you need the police clearance from both Nigeria and South Africa. All information you supplied to the US embassy will be brought up - it's in their database. So if there are any lies you told, etc, watch out.

Even if you have $10,000, get an affidavit of support if you can. $10,000 for 1 person is below the poverty line in the US so I don't think that will be enough.

2014AF00015XXX (Uganda)
Entry Checked: 05.01.2013
Forms sent to KCC: 05.16.2013
Forms reach KCC:Not yet confirmed

2014AF0010XXXX (Kenya)
Forms sent to KCC: Yet to send my forms

I have one question,as you can see my case number is in the hundreds of Thousands,what's my chance of getting a visa appointment letter?? I'll be sending my forms early next month,coz I work in the middle of nowhere with no access to postal services.

I'm really confused with this talk about case number ranking and cut-off.Somebody please explain this to me in clear easy pedestrian language.

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

2014AF0010XXXX (Kenya)
Forms sent to KCC: Yet to send my forms

I have one question,as you can see my case number is in the hundreds of Thousands,what's my chance of getting a visa appointment letter?? I'll be sending my forms early next month,coz I work in the middle of nowhere with no access to postal services.

I'm really confused with this talk about case number ranking and cut-off.Somebody please explain this to me in clear easy pedestrian language.

لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ
Send those forms thru email you dont need a postal office or service. Be patient your time will come and since your case number is very HIGH take your time and make sure everything is accurate before you send them forms. You will become current in August 2014 so you still have time to prepare yourself

Hi guys

Case no: 2014AF0007*****
Forms sent to KCC: 08th May 2014
Received and sent confirmation:12th May 2014

I m from Somalia studying in turkey, when do you think that we will hv the interviews frnds?

Hy Khamsa

CN: 2014AF00100xxx (somali)
I know my number is very high what is my chance of getting an interview or visa?

Case no, 2014AF00075xxxxx Somali

How can we actually decide about the number whether its high or not?

Well since 125,000 were selected, each of those selectees has a case number and interview slots are made available from low to high. Hence the reason you are hearing 'high case number' thing on the forum. Since the fiscal year is from Oct 1 2013 to Sept 30 2014, the higher the case number, the closer your interview will be to the end of the fiscal year. Also something to note is that all visas must be issued with-in the fiscal year.

bad luck

looks like all somalis have high numbers . I guess our luck sucks

CN : 2014AF00100xxx
NAT: somali
residence : jordan

Case no: 2014AF0007*****
Forms sent to KCC: 08th May 2014
Received and sent confirmation:12th May 2014

I m from Somalia studying in turkey, when do you think that we will hv the interviews frnds?
Is that seven hundred thousand or seventy thousand??? If it is 70XXX you will become current in the month of July/August 2014 so but a suit called patience and put on.

Case no: 2014AF00075xxxx

Is that seven hundred thousand or seventy thousand??? If it is 70XXX you will become current in the month of July/August 2014 so but a suit called patience and put on.

Case no: 2014AF00075xxxx

High number indicates what?

looks like all somalis have high numbers . I guess our luck sucks

CN : 2014AF00100xxx
NAT: somali
residence : jordan

High number indicates what?
On which base we cn say the CN is high or not?

Hi guys I'm from Sudan My C/N 2014AF00033XXX

Could I know please by when can I expect my interview, all the best for African :)

Hi guys I'm from Sudan My C/N 2014AF00033XXX

Could I know please by when can I expect my interview, all the best for African :)
You are Welcome Mustafafofo your interview will be in April or May 2014 just gather all the required documents and wait patiently