• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have been going through 'DV2013Kenya' threads and the experiences being shared will certainly be helpful for us who have just embarked on this journey. They get to explain a number of things we DV2014's must know. You even have a couple of people sharing their interview experiences. I hope we can be helpful to one another and bounce ideas off each other. I submitted my documents to KCC by DHL on Wednesday 5 May 2013.

DV 201400078***

It started as Kenyan thread but we have people from outside Kenya participating and yes we have shared our interviews and every step. It all started from page 1 and now we are in page 181 so even you people will get there if you become united and help each other meanwhile you can visit the forum once in a while http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548575-Dv-2013-kenyan-selectees-report-here!!!!/page181

I have been selected in DV 2014 Program iam from algeria
who can give me his address in order to complet DS230 part I case 11
or another help for this

DS 230 part I No. 11 says

Address in the US where you want your Permanent Resident card (Greencard) mailed. If different from the one you put in No. 10

To answer you, the one who is going to give you the address is the person you intend to stay with when you get to the US (your host)

Hello Everyone..
Congrats to all winners... my forms were delivered yesterday.
CN: 2014AF00007***.
Whats next to do? Im collating all my documents needed.
I have my HIGH SCHOOL WAEC CERT., DEGREE CERT,
Do i need anything from my employers? Im a banker by profession.
Thanks

Yes your employer can write a letter that you are currently working with them. You dont need to tell them where you will be using it but just say you have applied for a job somewhere and they need a letter to prove that you've been working with them.

Signature

For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps
At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

For your fellow DV winners to be able to know and interact with you well please update your signatures. This is the place your forum mates will see when you sent the forms, when you are going for medicals, interviews, and even your POE Point Of Entry or where you intend to stay in the US.

Steps
At the top of the page go to Forum Action >>>>Click on Edit Profile >>>> on the left side of the page go to >> My Settings >>> click on >>> Edit Signature. When a page opens >> this is where you will write your details to look like the ones you see below our posts.

Okay thanks for the information

It will be fine...I sent mine last week on Wednesday and from the tracking info, it is with the delivery company in KY

Few of users form polish forum EU, claim that they saw the results of different persons, one guy saw other person from Ukraine, other guy saw following data of person from Egypt....How it is possible ??? those people says that after second login they see status HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED, but for the first time they saw something like this...

please check the data of under that link
post no 124
http://forum.usa.info.pl/topic/22131.../page__st__100

Why the personal data of entrants is not protected ?
3 persons reported such error, that they saw others people status

Last edited by a moderator:
Required Documents for DV 2014

Hi,
I'm samy from Egypt I have some urgent questions, please i Need ur help:
I live in South Korea for more than 14 months ago for studying with my Wife and son.
1) for the Police records: It should be issue from Egypt or from the country that i live now (Korea) ?????
2) For Military records: I have never served in any military, so what sould i do for that. I just have a copy (not original) from the Egyptian military that i excepted from the service, my question i should present it (copy not original) or i will not mention any thing about this document. and if they will ask me about it what should i say in my case??? for your information the winner is not me is my wife.

Welcome Samyoussef

You need a police report from both South Korea and Egypt.

Normally if you have never served in the military then you don't present any documents. But from what I recall, all Egyptian males have to serve so since you have the document showing you were exempted, you should take it to the embassy. I think you need to get the original, but if you cannot get it for any reason, you must get your copy certified by the appropriate authority.

Hey Brother

Have you received my private message. I have completely finished filling in my forms to be sent back to KCC but i have a simple question.

I am supposed to staple DS-122 form anda lone

what should i indicate on the form regarding questions that needed a separate sheet. Thanks

Hey Brother

Have you received my private message. I have completely finished filling in my forms to be sent back to KCC but i have a simple question.

I am supposed to staple DS-122 form anda lone

what should i indicate on the form regarding questions that needed a separate sheet. Thanks

Hi turya,

I DS-122 separately from the other one. Then used a clip to attach photo's. You don't have to include anything on the extra sheet except the information you wanted to share. Also remember to write your CN on all your documents. I forgot to write on mine I hope they don't get misplaced.

what is my chance of getting visa??

CN: 2014AF00100xxx (somali)
I know my number is very high what is my chance of getting an interview or visa?

With that number, if all goes well and all numbers get current next year, you'll be interviewed in August or September (probably September).

I've seen numbers even higher than yours (117xxx and above) so stay positive.