• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 winners from Uganda, please holla!

Sorry, been MIA. Glad to be back, and just in time for all the news that will be coming in starting next week, esp on lists with low numbers like the Kenyan one.

Sorry, been MIA. Glad to be back, and just in time for all the news that will be coming in starting next week, esp on lists with low numbers like the Kenyan one.

Welcome back. We missed you on the forum. I can't wait to see our fiscal year 2013 begin. It's a nice feeling. The count down will become real for us.

Just wondering whether there will be a second draw. We are already over 100,000 people. The visas are only 50,000. Seriously, i cant buy the october 22nd draw issue. Unless it happens ofcourse.

Just wanted to wish everyone here the best. I see its only a handful of Ugandans here, but its still good to see. When I went through this process a few years ago there was no Ugandan thread, so I pretty much relied on information from other threads and responses to my own posts from others, and by then I was more or less 3/4-way through the process, so its great that you discovered this early.

If I can be of any help answering questions, then I'd be glad to, if I can be of any help. Once again, all the best.

Just wanted to wish everyone here the best. I see its only a handful of Ugandans here, but its still good to see. When I went through this process a few years ago there was no Ugandan thread, so I pretty much relied on information from other threads and responses to my own posts from others, and by then I was more or less 3/4-way through the process, so its great that you discovered this early.

If I can be of any help answering questions, then I'd be glad to, if I can be of any help. Once again, all the best.

Thank you for the offer. Am so glad you took time amidst your busy schedule to reach us. You are definitely a great resource for us. As you have noted, we are just a handful of Ugandans. I wonder what happened to the rest of the 500+ winners. I can't believe they have never landed on these threads. I somehow feel that they view but are not interested in participating. What a pity.

By the way, did you use the IOM tickets when you travelled? Do you know whether the journey can start from Entebbe and not Nairobi? We were informed that we have to begin the travel from Nairobi in order to benefit from cheap IOM one way tickets.

Just wondering whether there will be a second draw. We are already over 100,000 people. The visas are only 50,000. Seriously, i cant buy the october 22nd draw issue. Unless it happens ofcourse.

lol...can't buy it unless it happens?????

Hopes dashed or dreams realised

1st October 2012 and the evaluation of DV2013 selectees begins. Was just looking at the bulletins of current numbers in October and November. In total, 40,454 numbers are current for all regions combined. Clearly, they can't possibly issue 40K+ visas in the first 2 months and leave the other 10,000 visas (to make 50,000) to be spread out over the rest of the yeah. So I'm just left wondering what will be the magnitude of heartache as people are denied for the most slight of issues.

And how did you arrive at this 40,454 total:confused:

In total, 40,454 numbers are current for all regions combined. Clearly, they can't possibly issue 40K+ visas in the first 2 months and leave the other 10,000 visas (to make 50,000) to be spread out over the rest of the yeah.

Thank you for the offer. Am so glad you took time amidst your busy schedule to reach us. You are definitely a great resource for us. As you have noted, we are just a handful of Ugandans. I wonder what happened to the rest of the 500+ winners. I can't believe they have never landed on these threads. I somehow feel that they view but are not interested in participating. What a pity.

By the way, did you use the IOM tickets when you travelled? Do you know whether the journey can start from Entebbe and not Nairobi? We were informed that we have to begin the travel from Nairobi in order to benefit from cheap IOM one way tickets.

My take on it is that a lot of Ugandans are just not aware about what resources are available to them, and so thats probably why there's only a handful of Ugandans here. In my own experience, I was the only one. Either way, this is a great resource and I hope you all find it useful as you go through this long process.

I am not familiar with the IOM tickets - you'll have to explain what they are to me before I can understand what information you are looking for. Are you talking about airline tickets ? If you are, then it doesnt matter where you get your tickets from once you have your visa. Keep an eye on ticket prices at various airline sites every now and again. In my experience, they dont change much if your departing from Entebbe at any time of the year, unlike here, where the prices fluctuate every week.

1st October 2012 and the evaluation of DV2013 selectees begins. Was just looking at the bulletins of current numbers in October and November. In total, 40,454 numbers are current for all regions combined. Clearly, they can't possibly issue 40K+ visas in the first 2 months and leave the other 10,000 visas (to make 50,000) to be spread out over the rest of the yeah. So I'm just left wondering what will be the magnitude of heartache as people are denied for the most slight of issues.

Clearly, they can't possibly issue 40K+ visas in the first 2 months and leave the other 10,000 visas (to make 50,000) to be spread out over the rest of the year
U do realize that we have gaps in between the numbers such that there is no guarantee that number 1-10 represents 10 ppl.It may b 0,1,2...take ur pick but definitely not 10 ppl consecutively.If that were so,the probability of my CN being current would be stratospheric!!!:mad:

So I'm just left wondering what will be the magnitude of heartache as people are denied for the most slight of issues.
Its definite that ppl will be denied,unfortunately but that's life,we can't have it all & its not our game.:(

My take on it is that a lot of Ugandans are just not aware about what resources are available to them, and so thats probably why there's only a handful of Ugandans here. In my own experience, I was the only one. Either way, this is a great resource and I hope you all find it useful as you go through this long process.

I am not familiar with the IOM tickets - you'll have to explain what they are to me before I can understand what information you are looking for. Are you talking about airline tickets ? If you are, then it doesnt matter where you get your tickets from once you have your visa. Keep an eye on ticket prices at various airline sites every now and again. In my experience, they dont change much if your departing from Entebbe at any time of the year, unlike here, where the prices fluctuate every week.

Yes they are airline tickets. IOM has a deal with some airlines and they offer cheap one way tickets to immigrants. The cheapest ticket is 500$ depending on which season you choose to travel. The Ugandans I know had to start their flight from Nairobi with those tickets. It seems Entebbe is not part of the deal.

U do realize that we have gaps in between the numbers such that there is no guarantee that number 1-10 represents 10 ppl.It may b 0,1,2...take ur pick but definitely not 10 ppl consecutively.If that were so,the probability of my CN being current would be stratospheric!!!:mad:

Its definite that ppl will be denied,unfortunately but that's life,we can't have it all & its not our game.:(

I guess they have a particular number of visas to issue out per month. There must be a lot of mathematics going on at KCC. I believe the CNs being current in a particular month also depends on how many visas were denied or issued the previous month with exception of October which is the 1st month.

I guess they have a particular number of visas to issue out per month. There must be a lot of mathematics going on at KCC. I believe the CNs being current in a particular month also depends on how many visas were denied or issued the previous month with exception of October which is the 1st month.

I guess they have a particular number of visas to issue out per month
A target number would be quite right...on the other hand if this were so,then they should be able to predict as to when all numbers will be current in advance,correct(or they don't want to get anyone's hopes up:( )?

There must be a lot of mathematics going on at KCC
Hmmm...not KCC,must be NVC.

I believe the CNs being current in a particular month also depends on how many visas were denied or issued the previous month with exception of October which is the 1st month.
True,unused visa numbers r returned to the visa pool for reuse by the next group of applicants.

There are over 100,000 people versus 50,000 visas generally. That is why you should not take any chances. Have all requirements and leave the rest to God. If you are meant to get the visa, you will get it. As for the current numbers, I believe they have a minimum number of visas to issue out per month but the number could change depending on other circumstances eg denials of the previous month except October being the 1st month of the lottery year.

A target number would be quite right...on the other hand if this were so,then they should be able to predict as to when all numbers will be current in advance,correct(or they don't want to get anyone's hopes up:( )?

Hmmm...not KCC,must be NVC.

True,unused visa numbers r returned to the visa pool for reuse by the next group of applicants.

Right, NVC.

The predictions of current numbers can be made in advance but what is published in the bulletin depends on the actual figures on the ground after the denials and issuances, I guess.

There are over 100,000 people versus 50,000 visas generally. That is why you should not take any chances. Have all requirements and leave the rest to God. If you are meant to get the visa, you will get it. As for the current numbers, I believe they have a minimum number of visas to issue out per month but the number could change depending on other circumstances eg denials of the previous month except October being the 1st month of the lottery year.

There are over 100,000 people versus 50,000 visas generally
Actually,this number is very much over 100,000 since derivatives r also eating into the 50k visa pool:(

Yes they are airline tickets. IOM has a deal with some airlines and they offer cheap one way tickets to immigrants. The cheapest ticket is 500$ depending on which season you choose to travel. The Ugandans I know had to start their flight from Nairobi with those tickets. It seems Entebbe is not part of the deal.

Oh, OK. I'll admit I dont know IOM or have even every heard of them, so cant give you a knowledgeable answer. $500 though for a one-way ticket from Nairobi to even the East Coast of the US sounds way too cheap. Is that with fees etc included? I say that coz a one-way ticket between New York and London is goes for about that and upwards, yet there's hundreds of options for flights. But, like I said, I've never heard of IOM so cant tell for sure

Oh, OK. I'll admit I dont know IOM or have even every heard of them, so cant give you a knowledgeable answer. $500 though for a one-way ticket from Nairobi to even the East Coast of the US sounds way too cheap. Is that with fees etc included? I say that coz a one-way ticket between New York and London is goes for about that and upwards, yet there's hundreds of options for flights. But, like I said, I've never heard of IOM so cant tell for sure

It is possible that during your time, IOM was not in the picture. IOM is an intergovernmental body incharge of migration issues. In full it is International Organisation for Migration. The 500$ ticket includes the taxes. As I said earlier, this is a deal for immigrants so it is a discounted rate.

I just admire the people who are through with this process already. It is so time consuming but worth every effort.