• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Under Administrative Processing

Gabam, thanks alot.... you are of great help... i really hope and pray that your visa will be through soon. Blessings

thanks

This is the number of US Department of State. 0012026631225. After the answer machine press 1 and then 0. It will transfer you to a person who will tell you about your case.

Thank you Gebam, i met a person and she says don't worry, you still have time till September 30. but no more additional info.

When your status goes from ready to issued, what does that means, my friends yesterday evening status read ready but today read issued, somebody explain, thanks

When your status goes from ready to issued, what does that means, my friends yesterday evening status read ready but today read issued, somebody explain, thanks

"Ready" means that your passport should be sent to them so that a visa is issue. And "Issued" means that the visa has been printed on the passport, and the passport is ready to be picked up. In some countries the US Embassy couriers the passport to the applicant.

Boys, got a call now from the embassy, AP is FINISHED!!!!!!! Alhamdulillah!!:):) all the best for all :)

A warm congratulations to you my brother, I am sure that after the Administrative Processing of over 160 days, you must be really relieved. You have really given us hopes by sharing this good news with us. May you have a good journey and life in US, Amin!!!

Thanks

"Ready" means that your passport should be sent to them so that a visa is issue. And "Issued" means that the visa has been printed on the passport, and the passport is ready to be picked up. In some countries the US Embassy couriers the passport to the applicant.

Gabam, Thankyou so much!!

August case update

Hahaha, yep, I am already 155 days old. But, there are guys older than me as well.

CN: 2013AS00004xxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Interview: March 10, 2013 (Administrative Processing).
25 April 2013: US Embassy website Visa Check Status Showed:
"Dear -----------,

We are pleased to inform you that your immigration case is ready for issuance. You or another trusted person may bring your passports to the Embassy in -------- any Sunday or Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., excluding holidays. In most cases, the visa will be ready for pick-up in 4 to 7 days. Embassy staff will provide further details when you drop off your passport(s).

The administrative processing on your file has been completed. However, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please note: if you do not send your passport immediately, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please check the Department of State’s current Visa Bulletin at Click here for information about visa availability for your visa category."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

26 April 2013 - Submitted Passport at the embassy. Told to visit Embassy on 1st May 2013.

01 May 2013 - Was informed by the emabssy that my case is still on Administrative Processing. So i kept checking this website :https://ceac.state.gov/ceacStatTracker/Status.aspx? for Visa status. I would get the following:

Immigrant Visa Case Number: 2013AS4XXX XX ABD
Case Creation Date: 02-Nov-2011
Status Updated Date: 01-May-2013.
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing

Now today i checked the status it showed:
Status Updated Date: 05-August-2013.
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing.

Gabam, what this means Status Updated Date is 05.Aug.2013 and still under administrative processing.
Is my case rejected....
Should i check my visa status on 15th August or my case is already updated for August i have to wait for September.

If check the US embassy website for Visa Status. It is showing to i have won and submit the passport. There is update on the embassy website.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

"Dear -----------,

We are pleased to inform you that your immigration case is ready for issuance. You or another trusted person may bring your passports to the Embassy in -------- any Sunday or Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., excluding holidays. In most cases, the visa will be ready for pick-up in 4 to 7 days. Embassy staff will provide further details when you drop off your passport(s).

The administrative processing on your file has been completed. However, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please note: if you do not send your passport immediately, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please check the Department of State’s current Visa Bulletin at Click here for information about visa availability for your visa category."

26 April 2013 - Submitted Passport at the embassy. Told to visit Embassy on 1st May 2013.

01 May 2013 - Was informed by the emabssy that my case is still on Administrative Processing. So i kept checking this website :https://ceac.state.gov/ceacStatTracker/Status.aspx? for Visa status. I would get the following:

Gabam, what this means Status Updated Date is 05.Aug.2013 and still under administrative processing.
Is my case rejected....
Should i check my visa status on 15th August or my case is already updated for August i have to wait for September.

If check the US embassy website for Visa Status. It is showing to i have won and submit the passport. There is update on the embassy website.

Thanks

Well, after reading all that you've said, I understand that your case is still pending Administrative Processing. So, when the AP is finished, they will issue you the visa. Wishing you best of luck!!!

"Dear -----------,

Is my case rejected....

Thanks

I don't know why the embassy and the CEAC site have different information, but if your case had been rejected the CEAC site would no longer say "administrative processing" but "refused". So you're still in the game.

From what I saw (I was in AP on a "technicality" of missing documents for a couple of weeks), the status update date gets changed every time someone physically does something with your file. So something is happening. We had a few date updates without status update in the week after our documents reached the consulate, so I presume such mundane things as receipt of document result in an update.

If I were you though I would call the embassy as well, seeing as their website says something different - possibly they may be able to give you some info?

Helloooooooooooooooo, any good news guys, I think it is time to hear one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello gabam,

Still no news at all for me :( , but it is getting closer than before :) . Lets hope for this Nightmare to end very soon. The US Embassy of my country they reopened today, So I sent them an email asking them if they got any new update about my case. Because even the CEAC website says that your case is under AP, the Embassy might have something else to say.