• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

@Ricco I think to be on the safe side just get some new photos taken because DOS say they use sophisticated technology to disqualify those who use outdated pictures. So even if you change the details on the photo they may still be able to detect the changes. You don't want to be disqualified when this year could have been YOUR chance. There is still over a week before the program ends so just get some new photos taken. Sometimes the reasons we never qualify is because of things we can avoid yet we deliberately choose to ignore the rules and come May next year we will be cursing God for not showing us favour.

i hope my husband don't get disqualify because we had two more photos left from when he got his 10 yrs non-immigration visa because they only needed one for the application since they was still within the time frame (5 months old) we used it for his dv lottery application. :confused:

i hope my husband don't get disqualify because we had two more photos left from when he got his 10 yrs non-immigration visa because they only needed one for the application since they was still within the time frame (5 months old) we used it for his dv lottery application. :confused:

As long as the photograph you submitted was "recent" and does not show manipulation in any way it will you will be fine. Some people say it has to be 6 months or newer but in the Official DV_2013_instructions.pdf it just says "recent" without defining it.

Some people don't physically change at all, but if an applicant no longer looks (for whatever reason) like the photo taken at the time, I would suggest getting a new one.

When you think about it, by the time a successful applicant gets to the interview they will need to submit a new set of photographs anyway for the CO at the consulate and will have already had to submit two (2) recent photographs with their DS-230 form which would've been sent to the KCC anyway!

Not to mention people could easily scan old photos with a scanner (no exif data/time stamp) and the DoS is perfectly happy.

The point is it has to be obvious that it's YOU.

As long as the photograph you submitted was "recent" and does not show manipulation in any way it will you will be fine. Some people say it has to be 6 months or newer but in the Official DV_2013_instructions.pdf it just says "recent" without defining it.

Some people don't physically change at all, but if an applicant no longer looks (for whatever reason) like the photo taken at the time, I would suggest getting a new one.

When you think about it, by the time a successful applicant gets to the interview they will need to submit a new set of photographs anyway for the CO at the consulate and will have already had to submit two (2) recent photographs with their DS-230 form which would've been sent to the KCC anyway!

Not to mention people could easily scan old photos with a scanner (no exif data/time stamp) and the DoS is perfectly happy.

The point is it has to be obvious that it's YOU.

Thanks slash_dot because i thought i screwed up.

I'm sure it will be fine Bahamaschick. Now we just have to wait! :) I have never wanted time to fly so much!! But then again, I have much to do :cool:

Dv 2013

Hi everybody,
Wanted to ask you something- :confused:
I've applied for DV-2013 lottery, now waiting for good news.
I'm not married or engaged now, so I wrote that I'm single. I'm going to get married in the beginning of next year. What if I win, will my husband be able to apply for visa with me or get a derivative status???

Thank you beforehand

Yes. you will have to file a DS-230 form for him and send a copy of your marriage certificate and mail them to KCC

Thank you for quick reply,
If there would be no problem I'll tell him to apply too, and the chance to win will be doubled, we have a little time left,
Thank u Bahamaschick

remove or hide the last 4-6 numbers/ letters of your CN not everyone on this forum has good intentions.

lf anyone wants to put his/her confirmation number there is nothing wrong about it.This is because even if someone sees your confimation no. they cannot check your status come May 1st .Come May 1st you will need to enter some fields: (1)your confirmation no.,(2)year of birth and (3)family name on the entry status check.For as long as you dont show your year of birth and fam. name on the forum you are safe.
To contact K.C.C you have to give your (1) date,year of birth,(2)full name and (3)case number.So even if you win and indicate your case no. you are still safe coz no one will know all your other details.
Arekee you havent shown your CN. and if guys dont want to do so dont be too hard on them,they just dont feel safe doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:
lf anyone wants to put his/her confirmation number there is nothing wrong about it.This is because even if someone sees your confimation no. they cannot check your status come May 1st .Come May 1st you will need to enter some fields: (1)your confirmation no.,(2)year of birth and (3)family name on the entry status check.For as long as you dont show your year of birth and fam. name on the forum you are safe.
To contact K.C.C you have to give your (1) date,year of birth,(2)full name and (3)case number.So even if you win and indicate your case no. you are still safe coz no one will know all your other details.
Arekee you havent shown your CN. and if guys dont want to do so dont be too hard on them,they just dont feel safe doing so.

Well said.......................