• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

hi

i dont think any one know the actual day to register for the dv lottery that is going on...but to my own perspective i think registering on the last week of the programme will be ok in order to avoid any unnecessary mistake just like the other one (2012).....

@highphy, the chances of a repeat disaster from last years results will bee very slim for this year. I think DOS will avoid any mishap this time because of the heavy criticism they got for 2012 including litigation. So this time they will be much wiser and make sure they get it right first time.

@Verdite,well said man?n @Highphy,u dnt av 2 wait till d last 1wk of DV b4 u cud entered.U can as well entered at anytime n still gets SELECTED.sumtimes it is nt neccessary 2 enter lately.Last yr in d last 3 to 2 days,abt 65,000 entries were received per hour,which DOS says abt 1.5million entries received in d last 3 to 2 days.Anythn cud still happen dis yr.In DV2006 all d last 1wk of entries were all cancelled due 2 sum heavy submissions of entries.Guy dnt wait dat long?

Hi everyone
i am new to this lottery and not have much clue about how things work.. i entered lottery a week ago and today i received an email saying that i won. i know that email is a scam because DOS does not send emails and the lottery results are not even out yet. anyway my concern is that the email contained my information which was correct and what's bothering me is that what if someone uses the same details of a person from any other country or what so ever will the person be disqualified ? also does US govt cross checks the applications which have the same information but with different photographs? because obviously its hard to get someones picture than the details. please can anyone clarify ?
thanks

3bca2n

This thread is the best thread so far very interesting and informative let keep the thread moving wish everybody goodluck come may.

Hi everyone
i am new to this lottery and not have much clue about how things work.. i entered lottery a week ago and today i received an email saying that i won. i know that email is a scam because DOS does not send emails and the lottery results are not even out yet. anyway my concern is that the email contained my information which was correct and what's bothering me is that what if someone uses the same details of a person from any other country or what so ever will the person be disqualified ? also does US govt cross checks the applications which have the same information but with different photographs? because obviously its hard to get someones picture than the details. please can anyone clarify ?
thanks

i will like to inform you that it is a real scam, plz do not respond to them i beg of you cos they will collect your money, if truly you register for the 2013 fiscal year in their website you wil be given a confirmation code that you wil use to check coming may 1st next year and more over KCC does not send any thing like that to someone, they will just instruct you to check your status on their website that is all........

i will like to inform you that it is a real scam, plz do not respond to them i beg of you cos they will collect your money, if truly you register for the 2013 fiscal year in their website you wil be given a confirmation code that you wil use to check coming may 1st next year and more over KCC does not send any thing like that to someone, they will just instruct you to check your status on their website that is all........

true talk

pz4gej

17 days gone outta 32 day registration period……remaining 15dayz for DV 2013 to close officially.

Those waiting for late registration should get ready so dat time will nt pass ‘em by.

Goodluck et al…………

Guessing game

My guess is 13.5 million (with derivatives) will apply for DV-2013. What is your guess? :cool:

25 Million

My guess is this year there will be around 25 Million because more and more people are getting aware of this program and also DV2012 fiasco brought this program into the limelight (it was in the newspapers and tv) so I think this year there should be a bigger increase in the number of applicants.

My guess is this year there will be around 25 Million because more and more people are getting aware of this program and also DV2012 fiasco brought this program into the limelight (it was in the newspapers and tv) so I think this year there should be a bigger increase in the number of applicants.

My guess is based on the fact that Bangladesh (7 million applied for 2012) is no longer eligible. However, while the two new countries were added, I doubt that many of the people don't know about this. The word may not spread quickly enough for them to apply before the dead line. Also, the economic situation in the USA may discourage people from applying.

Last edited by a moderator:

That would be my guess too, about 20 - 26 million including derivatives.

My guess is based on the fact that Bangladesh (7 million applied for 2012) is no longer eligible. However, while the two new countries were added, I doubt that many of the people don't know about this. The word may not spread quickly enough for them to apply before the dead line. Also, the economic situation in the USA may discourage people from applying.

plz can u kindly tell me the economic situation of USA right now....i wish all of us gudluck in this ongoing dv program...though i am yet to register, but i will surely do

@win dv, you could be right about bangladesh since that country always has a high number of entries but you also have Poland joining again this year and that country also has a high number of enteries so they could end up balancing each other out

not understand

hi friends fo this great forum.
i just played dvlottery for a friend of mine, and what i see was so confuse,
the Confirmation Number: alphabet was 10 numbers while the figure was 6 numbers,
another alphabet was 9 numbers while the figure was 7 numbers.
guru in da house should help me into that.
thks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

For dos of you waiting 4 late entry selection will now be day by day to avoid any mistake.

Hi

For dos of you waiting 4 late entry, selection will now be day by day to avoid any mistake.