• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

To the gurus of this forum. I need to find out If I entered the DV program from an internet shop would I be disqualified since I'm sure there could be tens of other people who entered from that same internet shop meaning there would have been multiple entries from the same IP address??? I know this has been discussed somewhere on the forum, I don't remember where but I don't think there was a conclusive answer to this one question.

@verdite u shud av knwn dat d place u entered ur entry was an internet shop maybe own by some agent.Ok nw consul/DOS does nt disqualify entries based on usin one ip address.As long as u entered ur entry wt Name,DOB n birth country n wt d right photo den u dnt av a problem.But in a situation whereby if d same agent dat owns d internet shop still av ur details such as NAME n DOS n country of birth or even still av ur photo cos u must av scanned ur photo wt there scannin machine,it wud b easy 4 d agent 2 still used ur details 4 another particula entry entirely.So wat u shud b worried abt is if d agent dat owns d internet shop wud nt av used ur photo bn scanned wt there machine or possibility ur details 2 enter 4 another cos consul/DOS wud still gets all d duplicates of entries bn submitted n they wud b disqualified.Dats y u always see every yr applicants wud always complain dat they av bn entrin d program 4 d past yrs n av nt bn able 2 get selected it is bcos of sometimes or somewhere they av used exposed there details or phtos publicly 2 some agent a situation whereby d agent helpin dem 2 entered DV n ever since then dis agents keeps usin their phtos n detail 2 enter DV yrs 2 yrs wtout dis applicants knwly bcos some of dis applicants still go 2 another agents 2 entered there entries.But dnt let dis b of worried 2 u.

To the gurus of this forum. I need to find out If I entered the DV program from an internet shop would I be disqualified since I'm sure there could be tens of other people who entered from that same internet shop meaning there would have been multiple entries from the same IP address??? I know this has been discussed somewhere on the forum, I don't remember where but I don't think there was a conclusive answer to this one question.

I think it has been discussed before, and in general it was concluded that it does not make any difference. The DoS states that:

“Each individual is allowed to enter the lottery only one time. The Department of State will use sophisticated technology to prevent applicants from submitting more than one entry.“

Nobody is sure what exactly this “sophisticated technology” is. Some people think this may include checking to see what IP is used, others do not. One large risk could be that if an Internet Cafe/Shop you used was also used to submit a lot of fraudulent entries, it may lead the DoS to flag all the entries because they couldn’t tell the difference anymore between legitimate and illegitimate candidates, this is all just conjecture, but perfectly feasible and understandable if they chose to do so.

The WORST thing you could do is entering multiple times. The DoS flags and makes a permanent mark against all individuals who try enter more than once per lottery.

The DV-Lottery relies a lot on trust, and that could be its downfall. A few dishonest people could ruin this program for the majority.

Help

gurus in da house help me out;
have already filled my form and submit it and add my wife and my son as a spouse
which it was successfully submitted.
Now my wife called me that she wanted to take part on dv lottery,
my question is, can she apply and add me and my son as a spouse on her own entry? Or
no need for her to enter dv? Since i have already add her.
Thks

have already filled my form and submit it and add my wife and my son as a spouse
my question is, can she apply and add me and my son as a spouse on her own entry? Or
Thks

Yes, She can apply add you(spouse) and your son as derivatives on her own entry.

Thks

As Long as she also meets;
1. The minimum educational requirements
2. Native place of birth/spousal requirements
If the answer to both those questions is “yes”, she can also fill out an entry as long as she remembers to enter you as her husband and any children that she has under the age of 21 apart from those already US Citizens or Permanent residents.

@newtonn, YES your wife is also allowed to do her own entry and also put you down as a spouse including your child as well. This way you will have a double chance of one of you being chosen and if you happen to be very lucky for the two of you to all be selected then you can get to choose to proceed with the entry that has the lower case number. For example you get selected and have a case number of 2013AF0060855 and your wife has a case number of 2013AF0012000 you can then decide to proceed with your wifes entry because it gets processed earlier than yours which could be current towrds the end of the fiscal year. Maybe someone else can also add to what I have said if I left anything out.

Pls forumite's what is the outcome of yesterday's
DV 2013 webchat with
Deputy Assistant Secretary
David Donahue?

I watch up d clip..its a lengthy conversation of about 53 mins……. All he’s just saying borders about everything u’ld av known……….such as keeping confirmation nos safe, not registering via agents bcos of fraud, ESC is the only medium to know ur status, avoid mistakes while filling ur form etc

Goodluck et al!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone post here its picture for other members to view.
Thks

Is it 4d fun of it or u gat a purpose???

Keeping silence on our DV Photo literally means every1 knows the Do & Don’t regarding the dv passport. If u truly need assistance on ur foto, u’ll b d 1 2 post ur photo for scrutiny.

Mind u, note d risk involve in posting ur foto...u neva knows every1 mind/intention except urs...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmation Number

Hi guys, someone has said that a lot of people who had less numbers and more alphabets in their confirmation number won 2012.

Well, I had 7 numbers and 9 letters last year and 5 numbers and 11 letters this year. It would be good if the above is true...lol :cool:

How many numbers and letter do you have?

Hi guys, someone has said that a lot of people who had less numbers and more alphabets in their confirmation number won 2012.

Well, I had 7 numbers and 9 letters last year and 5 numbers and 11 letters this year. It would be good if the above is true...lol :cool:

How many numbers and letter do you have?

Well, I think everyone's CN starts with the first four digits; "2013" so everyone has four numbers.

I have 8 digits and 8 letters, everything is equally perfect on both amounts. :)

For the record; I don't think it makes any difference how many letters or numbers you have, the entry date hasn't expired (Nov 5th), the fraudulent entries have not been removed, and the randomizer hasn't run yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
@windv, Well last year my confirmation had 7 numbers and 9 letters. A friend of mine who has entered this year has 10 numbers and only 6 letters. Im not sure though whether this has any bearing on winning the lottery because if for example everyone was being a number from 1 to 1 000 000 then we would all have different digits in our code with some having 2 digits and some up to 6 digits.

@windv, Well last year my confirmation had 7 numbers and 9 letters. A friend of mine who has entered this year has 10 numbers and only 6 letters. Im not sure though whether this has any bearing on winning the lottery because if for example everyone was being a number from 1 to 1 000 000 then we would all have different digits in our code with some having 2 digits and some up to 6 digits.
Just wait and know and i wish your friend will win. All the best to all the participants!!!

@Win dv,my bro av nt yet entered.But i thnk numbers n letters has nthn 2 do wt winnin?My bro dnt get worried abt dis cos winnin is all dat matters?some forumites here wud just b threadin anythn dey see 4rm other forums?dnt pay much attention 4 an info dat has nthn 2 do wt winnin.Remember winnin cums 1st 4rm random selections n nt by d numbers or letters wud determine ur chances.