• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

@arekee Thanks 4 ur info. Pls what is the meaning of Digital signature that was included in the comfirmation page of success entry,i saw it at the cyber cafe of friend after he printed it out.

A digital signature is basically a way to ensure that an electronic document (e-mail, spreadsheet, text file, etc.) is authentic. Authentic means that you know who created the document and you know that it has not been altered in any way since that person created it.

Digital signatures rely on certain types of encryption to ensure authentication. Encryption is the process of taking all the data that one computer is sending to another and encoding it into a form that only the other computer will be able to decode. Authentication is the process of verifying that information is coming from a trusted source. These two processes work hand in hand for digital signatures.
==================================================================
hope dat answers d ????

@Mele yea i know what OPTIONAL means,but my concern is why the so many OPTIONALS in this year lotto?cos is might be that DOS wants to use this as a criteral to disqualify applicants from the lotte cos they know that so many applicants would want to leave the required space blank instead of the applicant to type in NIL in the required space they dont have info for?As for the fone # issues DOS doesn't need your fone # but instead your EMAIL addres for easy communication most especially if won just to communicate with them to know when if your 2ND NL or interview date will be ready or if it is being processed.Th # of children,if you dont have a kid just type in 0 and dont type NIL cos every part in the form is required to be fill.If you dont have info to any required part just type in NIL except for # of children you type in 0 if you dont have any kid?

can a hair dresser in ghana qualify for the dv application with her job experience?

NO!!!!!!!!she aint qualify based on that occupation except she av a high school diploma.........just use 0'level as a parameter cos most vocational occupation didnt qualify for DV program..........................................

=====================================================================================================
To qualify for a Diversity Visa on the basis of your work experience, you must, within the past five years, have two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.

Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists is under Job Zone 3!!!

even fashion designers, photographers aint qualify. All occupation in Job Zone 4 onwards requires minimum of high sku diploma n mostly bachelor degree program......

YOU cud check on the below link for further info.............then look under job zone

http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5012.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I school in the US and spend 98% of the year in the US but i live in another country in which i visit only during the holidays ;so in the section where they ask ''country in which you currently reside in'' what should i fill, the US or the country where i live?:confused: Thanks

Quetion

@mele and members i use my phone opera 4.2 to browse the internet on getting to http://dvlottery.state.gov the opera supported the site The Internet Explorer
browser best
supports this
application.i even test the photo validator and said ur photo is valid,my quetion is can i go on to submit my entry with my phone operamini browser? Any risk

@Obama if you are using a modern fone such as modern ***** s,like 5800 or modern N-series ***** or iphones or sony ericsson fones like extera fone even any of ***** modern E-series or touch screen fones.I think these are good fones to use.But if you dont have any of these fones then use a laptop or desktop to apply.

@Phronesis if know you are in the US right now?then fill in USA since you are in the US at the time of the program.But if you are in your own cuuntry of birth still fill in US as long as you still school there and that you would still be in the US in the next 2yrs or more thats if won,then you would adjust your visa status.But if you know that you are in your country of birth right now and wont be in the US in the next 2yrs or more even if won the lotto,then i guess you can as well fill in your country of birth since at the time of the lotto program, you were in your country of birth for an holiday,that is if you cant be in US in 2yrs time,then your processing of visa will be done in your country of birth by then you must have being back from the US if planning to be back.So i guess you think very well on this issue,if you are in the US right now the fill in US or Maybe someone else might have a better knowledge on this.

@Obama think before you take any step?most especially the filling aspect.Have you notice some changes in DV form?i mean the way DOS talks about OPTIONALS?make sure you fill every part of space and dont leave any space blank.Any space you dont have info for just fill in NIL,but for # of children if you dont have just fill in 0.Good luck.

@mele and members i use my phone opera 4.2 to browse the internet on getting to http://dvlottery.state.gov the opera supported the site The Internet Explorer
browser best
supports this
application.i even test the photo validator and said ur photo is valid,my quetion is can i go on to submit my entry with my phone operamini browser? Any risk

Of course, opera mini will work…………………………..Opera Mini requests web pages through Opera Software's servers, which process and compress them before sending them to the mobile phone. This pre-processing increases compatibility with web pages (e.g dvlottery.state.gov) not designed for mobile phones.

BUT
whateva is worth doing atall, is worth doing well………..so I’ll implore u to use a web browser rather than ur fone browser bcos wit fone browser, u WOULD NOT b able to print confirmation page/make snapshot of it, u’ll av 2 pen down ur confirmation # in which u cud easily make mistakes with identical alpha numeric like I & 1, 0 & O which u can easily copy n paste on PC…..

- If u still using the opera mini browser on ur phone, check may be it display the OMB Control Number on the top right of the dvlottery page bcos opera mini is primarily for mobile phones, smartphones and personal digital assistants n dvlottery.state.gov is built with compatibility to PC web browser ……

For ease, error-free, simplicity n confidence - use a WEB browser..

Hi everyone, I school in the US and spend 98% of the year in the US but i live in another country in which i visit only during the holidays ;so in the section where they ask ''country in which you currently reside in'' what should i fill, the US or the country where i live?:confused: Thanks

The ques on dvlottery page says “Country Where You Live Today” and in ur ques u said u currently in another country…………Today means diz moment!!!!!!!

I’ll advice u just follow simple instructions by filling the country u r now (NOT US)even though it’s a holiday stuff since u r currently living there………………..u sti schooling in the US n diz is a country that keep track of Arrivals & Departures esp. Aliens…..

Ur record wit ‘em/on ur passport will show that u r currently not in the US dis moment, so filling that u r currently live in the US is defective n cud trigger actions if nt now, but when adjusting status(if selected)…….

Consider d fact dat people got denied visa due to simple negligence of facts..

NB: just a mere advice 4rm non-expert on immigration…..

But filling US will give u an edge if atall DOS will repeat their trick of DV2012 Phase II that favoured those on US students Visa by selecting mostly those currently in the US. And that’s the only way(u selecting US) u can to show them initially that u r already on american soil…….

I hope my hubby don't get disqualified because he wore a black t- shirt in the visa picture

Dark clothing is better than white. However, once the background isn't dark, it's not a problem. If you look at examples of acceptable pictures on DOS webpage, you will note that a lot of the people are wearing dark clothing.....

Of course, opera mini will work…………………………..Opera Mini requests web pages through Opera Software's servers, which process and compress them before sending them to the mobile phone. This pre-processing increases compatibility with web pages (e.g dvlottery.state.gov) not designed for mobile phones.

BUT
whateva is worth doing atall, is worth doing well………..so I’ll implore u to use a web browser rather than ur fone browser bcos wit fone browser, u WOULD NOT b able to print confirmation page/make snapshot of it, u’ll av 2 pen down ur confirmation # in which u cud easily make mistakes with identical alpha numeric like I & 1, 0 & O which u can easily copy n paste on PC…..

- If u still using the opera mini browser on ur phone, check may be it display the OMB Control Number on the top right of the dvlottery page bcos opera mini is primarily for mobile phones, smartphones and personal digital assistants n dvlottery.state.gov is built with compatibility to PC web browser ……

For ease, error-free, simplicity n confidence - use a WEB browser..

Noticed the same thing on my phone as well but i think to be on the safe side just use a web browser because you dont wanna take chances with thois lottery. just simply copying the wrong number from your phone could mean you not being able to even check the results come May/June

@Phronesis if know you are in the US right now?then fill in USA since you are in the US at the time of the program.But if you are in your own cuuntry of birth still fill in US as long as you still school there and that you would still be in the US in the next 2yrs or more thats if won,then you would adjust your visa status.But if you know that you are in your country of birth right now and wont be in the US in the next 2yrs or more even if won the lotto,then i guess you can as well fill in your country of birth since at the time of the lotto program, you were in your country of birth for an holiday,that is if you cant be in US in 2yrs time,then your processing of visa will be done in your country of birth by then you must have being back from the US if planning to be back.So i guess you think very well on this issue,if you are in the US right now the fill in US or Maybe someone else might have a better knowledge on this.

thanks a lot for the reply arekee , i did fill the US since i am the US right now

The ques on dvlottery page says “Country Where You Live Today” and in ur ques u said u currently in another country…………Today means diz moment!!!!!!!

I’ll advice u just follow simple instructions by filling the country u r now (NOT US)even though it’s a holiday stuff since u r currently living there………………..u sti schooling in the US n diz is a country that keep track of Arrivals & Departures esp. Aliens…..

Ur record wit ‘em/on ur passport will show that u r currently not in the US dis moment, so filling that u r currently live in the US is defective n cud trigger actions if nt now, but when adjusting status(if selected)…….

Consider d fact dat people got denied visa due to simple negligence of facts..

NB: just a mere advice 4rm non-expert on immigration…..

But filling US will give u an edge if atall DOS will repeat their trick of DV2012 Phase II that favoured those on US students Visa by selecting mostly those currently in the US. And that’s the only way(u selecting US) u can to show them initially that u r already on american soil…….

erm dude, i am in the US at this very second in school but thanks for your input