• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

A quick question,

i just checked my dv-2012 result and i was not selected. is it possible that i was already selected this May ? i didn't check the result this May so i don't know for sure. can i still check the May result NOW ?

No you can't. Why would you want to do that anyway? it won't matter because as you know May results were cancelled.

Hi Samusoni

I hope to consult you about DV. I've tried DV many years but never got selected. Based on your experience so far, is there anything I can do to increase my chance of winning DV ? Thanks.

There are people who have been applying for DV for over a decade and were never selected. It is just a matter of luck and there is nothing you can do to increase your chances. Just keep applying and make sure not to make any false statements in your application. Good Luck!

hi

There are people who have been applying for DV for over a decade and were never selected. It is just a matter of luck and there is nothing you can do to increase your chances. Just keep applying and make sure not to make any false statements in your application. Good Luck!

pls do you have the link or site to best online photo editing tools?

pls do you have the link or site to best online photo editing tools?

To be honest, I have never used an online editor before. However, I just googled and this one seems to be ok. Give it a shot: http://pixlr.com/editor/

If you dont like this one google "online photo editor" and you will get plenty of results. All you need is to be able to resize your image, crop and etc....which is very basic.

Only afew days to go now....best of luck everyone entering. This forum has provided a wealth of info on DV and WHEN not "IF" but "WHEN" we win it will prove ever more useful. Victory is near my dear forumites

You can, if your phone has a good camera. Then you can edit it on your computer.

Truly u can use mobile camera. But I strongly advise u 2 use ONLY model of Sony Ericsson cybershot K- Series phone. Its picture quality, image resolution & MP is superb. But avoid using flash by snapin it in broad day lite so as to prevent shadow.

Truly u can use mobile camera. But I strongly advise u 2 use ONLY model of Sony Ericsson cybershot K- Series phone. Its picture quality, image resolution & MP is superb. But avoid using flash by snapin it in broad day lite so as to prevent shadow.
Yes he can do. But he has to know the photo specification while he does editing.

peeps, after meeting the technical specification (plain background, no shadow, no tilted head etc), u could use this official link from DOS to crop your photo(s) to meet the required specimen.
http://travel.state.gov/_res/flash/cropper/FIG_cropper.html#

NB: never worry about the 600 X 600 pixel image resolution / .jpeg extension / file size. Your output photo will contain all this.

which date is best to apply? and is it advisable to apply from other family members with same pc?

which date is best to apply? and is it advisable to apply from other family members with same pc?

There were many discussion as far as your first question goes. People even had done some math on that. search the forum.

Entering other people form the same PC is totally fine. Just be sure to enter correct information.

I have submitted mine for myself and family. @windiv, how is life now. Long time. I decide to stay away for a while. I hope u av submitted ur entry. All the best to everyone in the house. I wonder what they mean by Digital Signature?

Hi Ovicity

I have submitted mine for myself and family. @windiv, how is life now. Long time. I decide to stay away for a while. I hope u av submitted ur entry. All the best to everyone in the house. I wonder what they mean by Digital Signature?

Hi ovicity, i'm doing great. What about you? It's 'that time' again. I've decided to avoid the 1st 2 days. I guess the digital signature is our initials maybe?

I can only reply to a thread rather than apply to a post..I wonder why....