• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

hi guys

May first is just 3days away and the tension in me is increasing. But I Still have faith. Is god at the ending, he knws all tins.

Strange Announcement on the Travel.state.gov website

What do you guys make of this?

I was browsing on the Travel.state.gov website under the Diversity Visa link:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html

The announcement itself says:

DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you are not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State may select more DV 2013 entries on October 1, 2012.

This means that they will release another batch of winners for DV 2013 in October, thats very strange so does this mean DV 2013 entrants might have double the chance of winning?

DV 2013 Entrants: Please keep your confirmation number until at least September 2013, even if you are not selected on May 1, 2012. The Department of State may select more DV 2013 entries on October 1, 2012.

This means that they will release another batch of winners for DV 2013 in October, thats very strange so does this mean DV 2013 entrants might have double the chance of winning?

wow... 2 explanations :

Either the may 1st 2012 fiasco left them with lot of unissued visas
or
this year, lot & lot of entries were selected & later disqualified for diverse reasons (duplicate, wrong pictures...) so they end up with too fiew legitimate winners... since apparently they select let say 120 000 entries then they check for fraud, pictures requirement ect... & once they find some wrong, they disqualify it... so that mean this year, they may have disqualified a lot & can end up with only like 60k legitimates winners

wow... 2 explanations :

Either the may 1st 2012 fiasco left them with lot of unissued visas
or
this year, lot & lot of entries were selected & later disqualified for diverse reasons (duplicate, wrong pictures...) so they end up with too fiew legitimate winners... since apparently they select let say 120 000 entries then they check for fraud, pictures requirement ect... & once they find some wrong, they disqualify it... so that mean this year, they may have disqualified a lot & can end up with only like 60k legitimates winners

this could be why all regions are current in June...

At least there is more hope of maybe getting to see the "You have been Selected" Notification either in May or October.
How will the interviews work for DV 2013 as they fiscal year ends Sept 2013 will both batches of winners all have an interview by then

this could be why all regions are current in June...

At least there is more hope of maybe getting to see the "You have been Selected" Notification either in May or October.
How will the interviews work for DV 2013 as they fiscal year ends Sept 2013 will both batches of winners all have an interview by then

true, i thiink it might be both.
all regions being current in june because they have too few selected for DV 2012 & when the fiscal year is over, the unissued visa are "lost", so this year i think they might have found lot & lot of fraud/cheaters so at the end, too few selected

X4mmr9

true, i thiink it might be both.
all regions being current in june because they have too few selected for DV 2012 & when the fiscal year is over, the unissued visa are "lost", so this year i think they might have found lot & lot of fraud/cheaters so at the end, too few selected

this means that they might have selected more than 100,000 winners then (or maybe they have selected the standard 100,000)

Last edited by a moderator:
this means that they might have selected more than 100,000 winners then (or maybe they have selected the standard 100,000)

From what I've read on this forum, if it is true then the selection process goes like this :

The check all entries (well, huge task) for standard checking removing the suspicious & fraudulent ones
then
the launch the drawing & select more than 100k winners
then
they re-check the winners & disqualifying the fraudulents ones (because catching every fraudulents in a 12 millions entries pool is too much of a task to be fully efiscient)
every illegitimate winner get disquilified thus reducing the number of winners

than could explain why they never come up with 100k selectees, always sightly less or sightly more

If what i mentioned above is true then they might have caught too many fraud/illegitime entries, the picture for one is a tricky thing, it has to meet a certain standard, not edited, not streched... & I bet lot of peoples must have submited an invalid picture

From what I've read on this forum, if it is true then the selection process goes like this :

The check all entries (well, huge task) for standard checking removing the suspicious & fraudulent ones
then
the launch the drawing & select more than 100k winners
then
they re-check the winners & disqualifying the fraudulents ones (because catching every fraudulents in a 12 millions entries pool is too much of a task to be fully efiscient)
every illegitimate winner get disquilified thus reducing the number of winners

than could explain why they never come up with 100k selectees, always sightly less or sightly more

If what i mentioned above is true then they might have caught too many fraud/illegitime entries, the picture for one is a tricky thing, it has to meet a certain standard, not edited, not streched... & I bet lot of peoples must have submited an invalid picture

Speechless,just don't want to comment on what i don't know cos this is STRANGE especially at this crucial time of announcing the results.What i know is that there would be announcement of results by May 1st.DOS knows what they are doing.So guys watch the way you make comments on DOS.

Well this was an interesting topic to find this morning when I logged in :)

Although there is no surety of it, the possibility of an extra draw in October is still great news. We can certainly speculate on why but I really don't mind what the reason is, I just think it is a positive thing :)

Not long now and we will all know what May 1 brings at least.

Warm wishes everyone

Q

Well this was an interesting topic to find this morning when I logged in :)

Although there is no surety of it, the possibility of an extra draw in October is still great news. We can certainly speculate on why but I really don't mind what the reason is, I just think it is a positive thing :)

Not long now and we will all know what May 1 brings at least.

Warm wishes everyone

Q

I agree with you

They also reduced the processing fee for GC winners in April 2012.But whatever the reasons are for their decision, an additional selection in October can only mean higher chances for us.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

OMG!!! Another wait?? That is like another 5 months. And tension will be rising in people!;( Well, if I'm gonna be selected, let it just happen on May 1st, bcos I need to make a decision on whether I will be staying back in Canada or moving to the States before the October they are talking about!

DOS would still announce the results on May 1st.So even if one is not selected on that May 1st according to what DOS announced, DOS may select another DV2013 entries on October 1st, which is to say that DOS have not gotten all the winning numbers of entries they needed.Maybe DOS have discovered much of any of these:
1.So many fraudulent/multiples entries
2.much incorrect photos
3.much wrong format
4.much wrong addressing
5.other misinterpretation.
I once said this sometimes last year after May 1st scenario, that in this year DV2013 that DOS would be more strictly after so many mistakes in DV2012. Even when we seen some winning apllicants getting selected with some incorrect photos submitted,if your guys would still remember all of these post.Now if one would take a look very well that DV2013 lasted for only one month from October 4, to Nov 5,2011 after which the fiscal program ended and its still takes DOS only six months from thesame Nov to May 1st which is to say that DOS have not trully gotten the all numbers of winning entries they needed cos if they have gotten all their winning entries then i see no reason in trying to make up for another results to be announce on october 1st if maybe.I still personally think that something is wrong somewhere which one could say that maybe the TIMELINE machine or (programmed computer) selecting all the winning entries has a glitch which could not amounted to the required number of winning entries DOS need.So maybe that is why DOS wants to have another selected entries on that october 1st to make up to the required amount of winning entries they need i.e 100,026.So all these are just from my own knowledge of what i personally think that is going on.Goodluck to everybody here.

travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.htm

Wow, great find, MYDV2013! I've never seen a similar thing mentioned in any of the previous draws. I wonder what's going on in the backstage. Thanks for sharing!

Even when we seen some winning apllicants getting selected with some incorrect photos submitted,if your guys would still remember all of these post.

Well, I myself was very surprise when i saw the 2013 picture validator, I realised that my last year picture was dead wrong... the picture needed to be square so i streached it (wrong thing to do...) we couldn't see my shoulder & i took it with my laptop 300k webcam (bad quality)... & was a may 1st seleced... I keep thinkingthat last year picture check was disfunctional (that can explain why they put lot of exemples this year)

They also reduced the processing fee for GC winners in April 2012.But whatever the reasons are for their decision, an additional selection in October can only mean higher chances for us.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

the processing fees got reduced for all GC & non immigration applicants, not just DV winners

After I checked photo specifications ON DV website.My head too much big in the photo submitted.Oh my God,I am feeling a bit nervous now.Hoping for a Good luck.

I would have thought that if your photo is validated by the photo checker then it should be honoured, unless it is a duplicate or has a problem which was specifically stated not to do in the guidelines. It would be unfair to say it has passed, and then be rejected later, because if you are like me, "fiddle" around with the photo, or take another one until it is approved. I would rather it kept getting rejected till I got it absolutely right.

Re the October draw - I suspect DOS are just covering themselves if they get the same poor take-up as they may have got this year. I am not holding much hope on the October draw. This year was a particularly problematic year, being the first year that it was an online check only. Many people would have misunderstood this and still be waiting for physical letters. Others may be unaware of the second draw after the May 1st fiasco, or thrown away confirmation numbers. Also many may have gotten the "Not selected" message after typing in the confirmation number wrong, (or using an older browser?)

DV2013 - everyone will be more informed, the process more orderly and more winners will be going ahead with their application. The October draw is only a "maybe", because DOS want to be sure they use up all or close to their 50,000 visas.

What will happen to the extra visas that they will have left over this year? I can only hope!