• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

help

hi everyone i need urgent response to this:
i registered on the 27th of October for the dv lottery. but when i registered for myself and my G.F during the registration when i wanted to submit the window just displayed session expired and i refresh for my G.F and the confirmation code came out but when it is my turn, when i registered and it brought up session expired and click begin entry again and i registered again and at the same time session expired so i later refresh and brought out mu confirmation code....but what is bothering me there is that have i not submitted two times???????? cause i am a little bit upset right now

highphy

@highphy, I think as long as you didn't get two confirmation codes for your own entry then I think you should be ok. I think there was a problem with your internet connection that's why it would always time out midway or maybe it was the browser you were using. After entering for ur GF and noticing that problem perhaps you should have just used a different internet browser to avoid this problem but I guess that's water under the bridge now.. But like I said as long as you and your G.F only got one confirmation code each then you should be fine.

hi everyone i need urgent response to this:
i registered on the 27th of October for the dv lottery. but when i registered for myself and my G.F during the registration when i wanted to submit the window just displayed session expired and i refresh for my G.F and the confirmation code came out but when it is my turn, when i registered and it brought up session expired and click begin entry again and i registered again and at the same time session expired so i later refresh and brought out mu confirmation code....but what is bothering me there is that have i not submitted two times???????? cause i am a little bit upset right now

You may have submitted two times, you may not have. It depends on whether the the Confirmation Number was sent to you, but you couldn't see it because of a internet/browser problem when your session expired. Entering again if this is the case, means you submitted twice, even if the first time your Confirmation Number was "lost." There was a thread earlier about someone having a power-cut after they submitted before they had a chance to write down their CN. Their entry is lost.

If however you did not get the Confirmation Number the first time the session expired, and you submitted again and received your Confirmation Number properly, and thus only once, then you did not make a double entry.

The problem is, you cannot tell.

Hi guys, just did my entry today. i feel a heavy load has come off my chest. All the best everyone

hi

@highphy, I think as long as you didn't get two confirmation codes for your own entry then I think you should be ok. I think there was a problem with your internet connection that's why it would always time out midway or maybe it was the browser you were using. After entering for ur GF and noticing that problem perhaps you should have just used a different internet browser to avoid this problem but I guess that's water under the bridge now.. But like I said as long as you and your G.F only got one confirmation code each then you should be fine.

thankx so much...i think this should be the case, i did not get two confirmation number,its only one and i got it after refreshing the page.so i hope the lord is my strength. this year...

You may have submitted two times, you may not have. It depends on whether the the Confirmation Number was sent to you, but you couldn't see it because of a internet/browser problem when your session expired. Entering again if this is the case, means you submitted twice, even if the first time your Confirmation Number was "lost." There was a thread earlier about someone having a power-cut after they submitted before they had a chance to write down their CN. Their entry is lost.

If however you did not get the Confirmation Number the first time the session expired, and you submitted again and received your Confirmation Number properly, and thus only once, then you did not make a double entry.

The problem is, you cannot tell.
i dint get your explanation plz..make it more explainable to me ...thankx

Hey guys!!! Please a few questions!:) Can someone under the age of 21 who has the minimum education requirement enter the DV lottery for him/herself seperately, and also be included in her parents application form?

Secondly, can the parents exclude two of their children in their application form? Reason is that those children are in boarding school now, and do not have access to a photographer at the moment and time ain't on their side as the DV ends tomorrow!:-( Maybe the parents can file for the kids later if the win and have a succesful interview I guess!:)

So, if my second question can be done, let's say the people have 5 kids, but have only the passport for 3, should the person fill that they have only 3 kids in the application form or....??
Pls, I need an urgent answer to these questions pretty soon pls??? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!!! Please a few questions!:) Can someone under the age of 21 who has the minimum education requirement enter the DV lottery for him/herself seperately, and also be included in her parents application form?

Secondly, can the parents exclude two of their children in their application form? Reason is that those children are in boarding school now, and do not have access to a photographer at the moment and time ain't on their side as the DV ends tomorrow!:-( Maybe the parents can file for the kids later if the win and have a succesful interview I guess!:)

So, if my second question can be done, let's say the people have 5 kids, but have only the passport for 3, should the person fill that they have only 3 kids in the application form or....??

Yeah 21-yr-olds do play for themselves so long as they're in line to show their O'levels and/or above.Their parents can include them also in separate applications but can't do that for a 22-yr-old.

The family say they have 3 children if they say say five, forms for five children will pop out and where are the photos for the other boarding-school children? When everything works okay the two can be filed for, don't let these two ruin anything. They shouldn't even include them later when going for interview if successful oh.

to my own perspective, i thought any body that is above the age of 18 and has the educational requirement is eligible to register for the dv lottery, the kid can also registered as an individual and at thesame time his/her parent can register the kid as one of their child...concerning that second question, the parent should just made that sacrifice in order not to be disqualified cos they are going to request for the passport of the remaining two kid during the cause of the registration, i will say its better to register for the 3 kids and leave the remaining two kids in order to be on the safer side.......or guyz what do you think...

Awww... Thank u guys for the quick response, u guys are life savers!:) Ferdii, the kid is 17 years old and have the minimum education requirement. As for my 2nd question, I will instruct to do as u suggested!:) And yes, if they happen to win, the 2 kids will not be included in the forms that will be sent to KCC for interview. Thank u very much, I really appreciate!:)

Awww... Thank u guys for the quick response, u guys are life savers!:) Ferdii, the kid is 17 years old and have the minimum education requirement. As for my 2nd question, I will instruct to do as u suggested!:) And yes, if they happen to win, the 2 kids will not be included in the forms that will be sent to KCC for interview. Thank u very much, I really appreciate!:)

welcome

No. You cannot do this. The instructions are very clear.
"Each unmarried child under 21 years of age at the time of your electronic entry, including all natural children as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the DV program."

(Page 2)

Further:

"NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children. Entries must also include all children legally adopted by you, and step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.

Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas in the case at the time of the visa interview."

(Page 6)

They must list all their eligible children, even if they do not intend to immigrate with them.

No. You cannot do this. The instructions are very clear.

(Page 2)

Further:

(Page 6)

They must list all their eligible children, even if they do not intend to immigrate with them.

Hey slash_dot, I don't understand u! Do u mean that the kid Under the 21 years cannot enter for herself, and also be included in her parents application form?
As for my second question, I think it will not be a problem provided u don't later include the kids u excluded in the time of DV lottery, during the interview! I don't know, but someone can clarify on this.

Hey slash_dot, I don't understand u! Do u mean that the kid Under the 21 years cannot enter for herself, and also be included in her parents application form?
As for my second question, I think it will not be a problem provided u don't later include the kids u excluded in the time of DV lottery, during the interview! I don't know, but someone can clarify on this.

The kid under 21 can enter by themselves. That's not what I was talking about, that's perfectly fine.

The second part is what concerns me. The parents cannot do, legally, what you are saying. The instructions as I mentioned before are very clear. The parents who are not including their child on the basis they can't get photographs in time is not acceptable, please read this carefully:

"NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children. Entries must also include all children legally adopted by you, and step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.

Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas in the case at the time of the visa interview."

It's from the Official DV-Lottery 2013 instructions. Page 6 I believe. The parents MUST list ALL their UNMARRIED CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 21. EVEN if they DO NOT INTEND TO IMMIGRATE themselves.

Getting caught out at the interview stage or at the later life when the children visit/enter the United States will cause major problems.

Get the kids to quickly take some photographs with a borrowed digital camera and email them. It's really not difficult.

The kid under 21 can enter by themselves. That's not what I was talking about, that's perfectly fine.

The second part is what concerns me. The parents cannot do, legally, what you are saying. The instructions as I mentioned before are very clear. The parents who are not including their child on the basis they can't get photographs in time is not acceptable, please read this carefully:

It's from the Official DV-Lottery 2013 instructions. Page 6 I believe. The parents MUST list ALL their UNMARRIED CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 21. EVEN if they DO NOT INTEND TO IMMIGRATE themselves.

Getting caught out at the interview stage or at the later life when the children visit/enter the United States will cause major problems.

Get the kids to quickly take some photographs with a borrowed digital camera and email them. It's really not difficult.
i think this is a gud advice from slash...borrow a digital cam fast fast and do it perfectly...

Some hours to go for the dv lottery 2013....a long waiting till may 1, i pray the lord crown us effort

The end

Final hours to the end now. I hope all members of this forum have done their enteries because there is nothing to wait for now. When I did my entery yesterday I the system was playing up probably because there were many other pple trying to submit their entries at the same time. DOS actually mentioned that in the last few days there will be millions of entries. It was a bit scary. Now we are in for the long dreaded wait but you will be surprised at how much time fly's by :)