• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

hi everyone finally arrived at my destination in missouri. went through washington dc. our plane was among the first to arrive at 8:30am we didnt get pple at customs it was just us and therefor we caught our connecting flight, only that the flight was 3 hrs late. so far so good and we thank God. for those still preparing all the best

Hay Elizabeth am in Kansas City Overland Park, we are close.

Hay members, it's been a while, hope every body is well. Any one to help here, I forgot my password for uscis elis website to pay for the green, tried to reset but password questions, I forgot answers too, tried calling there helpline and it's always on voicemail, left a message but am never called back. Any one to advise, I will appreciate.

Hi Sm1smom
does this apply to all the states coz my host tells me i have to wait for my GC and DL

Yes, this applies to all the States. You do not need to wait for the physical GC before searching or applying for jobs. You're all set and good to go once you have your SSN, that is what a potential employer will use to carry out E-Verification before offering you a job. If you don't want to use your passport as a form of photo ID, walk into the nearest DMV office and apply for a State-issued ID right away.

I think its different in every state or situation coz fomogho got a job there b4 she even got ssn & here in Missouri the plaace I am going to apply 2moro I was told I need a state id & my ssn. Does anyone know the trick behind the art of balancing 3 to 5 plates in tour hand when u serve as a waitress. very humbling yet funny at the same time

HI/Praise God
Sorry guys i have been up and down but am blessed. Guys dint I caution you to pray for your Host and bless them. When time comes for you to move out appreciate them. Prayers move mountains. All the best guys as you come to terms to the new environment, all you need is to humble yourself and appreciate all that you go through,it builds you so that you become aggressive. Its not easy but when God is with you who can come against you. Enoo take heart,its called fasting in fact its a good time to pray for god to open doors for your, thank God you are single:p

Amen my sista & enoo that part of being single is soooooooo true if you had family n had to go thro that it wud b very hurting. count your blessings & thak God.

Advice from a certain DV winner from Kenya said:
Actually the interview is ua
documents...if u av gud documents
u av passed aready...

Yeap guyz, that's what he told me. He attended his interview early October.

Yes, this applies to all the States. You do not need to wait for the physical GC before searching or applying for jobs. You're all set and good to go once you have your SSN, that is what a potential employer will use to carry out E-Verification before offering you a job. If you don't want to use your passport as a form of photo ID, walk into the nearest DMV office and apply for a State-issued ID right away.

Good work Sm1 thanks at least you help people when they are stranded. :cool:

GC
By ane week (7) days the green card is normally out got mine within 7 days:)

What are some of the factors they consider before sending the GC? I submitted my online payment while in Kenya Oct 3rd. I came to US Oct 15th but haven't received the GC even now? How can I check on its status?

It seems to me like most Kenyan immigrants in USA are working in healthcare related professions....esp starting with Nursing Assistants which needs one to have passed CNA Exams. Infact, all the people I knw are either nursing assistants or RNs. They say other professions like Engineering cannot give you a job easily as they are considered "white" Is this true? Which are some of other jobs that one can do in Minnesota for instance?

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me like most Kenyan immigrants in USA are working in healthcare related professions....esp starting with Nursing Assistants which needs one to have passed CNA Exams. Infact, all the people I knw are either nursing assistants or RNs. They say other professions like Engineering cannot give you a job easily as they are considered "white" Is this true? Which are some of other jobs that one can do in Minnesota for instance?

I thought in this country there are equal opportunities for all regardless of race. Probably the people you know chose to take that route as preferred choice of profession and career.
Those are my thoughts though, over to you enoo............

In a short time one can easily get a job compared to other jobs and once you enroll to nursing the hospitals or health care here is marketable. ALL THE BEST ENOO AND THE REST OF THE TEAM.My host told me its easier to learn and well paying.

What are some of the factors they consider before sending the GC? I submitted my online payment while in Kenya Oct 3rd. I came to US Oct 15th but haven't received the GC even now? How can I check on its status?

I think you check your account on line at USCIS.Don't worry you will get it.