• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Game over for me. Well done good people for all the advice, tips and interview narrations. God bless us all.

I'm sorry the 2013 selection didn't work out for you and your family. Look on the bright side though, you were fortunate to be selected again in 2014, and this time around you should certainly scale through without any issue.

Good luck!

hi Sm1smom
There is one question in my mind. Can you please tell me does KCC or embassy review the information of applicants from previous year DV applications to tally the information in the time of interview?

Please reply me . Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Game over for me. Well done good people for all the advice, tips and interview narrations. God bless us all.

wow catchme,you won the lottery back to back,that's a rare feat,congrat,God really want to favour and bless you for your miss.This time around,the visa is yours.this is your compensation from God.

hi Sm1smom
There is one question in my mind. Can you please tell me does KCC or embassy review the information of applicants from previous year DV applications to tally the information in the time of interview?

Please reply me . Thanks in advance

If an applicant was previously selected and for whatever reason the applicant wasn't successful, both the KCC and the embassy/consulate will still look into why the applicant was denied the visa in the first place. If the previous denial was due to a fraudulent act, the applicant is most likely going to be denied again. However, if it was due to some medical issue which the applicant has since taken care following the previous denial, then it isn't likely to play a significant role on the new application. Bottom line is information previously provided will be looked at at the time of the new application.

Next step is plan to get your air tickets and also make arrangements to pay your USCIS fee online. You can pay the fee after travel, but processing of your Green Card will not start until you have paid, so it is best you pay even before you travel, so that your card will come through pretty soon after you have arrived.

Hello,

I checked the ceac website and it shows that my visa was issued. I have also got an email that my passport is ready for pickup from DHL. I wanted to find out what am supposed to do after picking up the passport i.e. other users experience to the point I reach USA.

Thanks.

Hey Catchme,

2013 is simply end of round one...the game is still on...2014 will bring even more joy. Don't get disappointed...keep that head up and high

If an applicant was previously selected and for whatever reason the applicant wasn't successful, both the KCC and the embassy/consulate will still look into why the applicant was denied the visa in the first place. If the previous denial was due to a fraudulent act, the applicant is most likely going to be denied again. However, if it was due to some medical issue which the applicant has since taken care following the previous denial, then it isn't likely to play a significant role on the new application. Bottom line is information previously provided will be looked at at the time of the new application.

Sm1smom,Thanks for the Reply.

If the previous application is not selected ,then will they(embassy) review the initial information or not ?

Better late than never...:p

Medicals_6&7th_Aug_2013

Day 1:

1:Security check @the gate.

2:go to the reception
>>submit passport(s) & NL.
>>ur photo(s) is taken.
>>u r handed payment details(basic)..$138 per person & a 2nd appointment form for the next day.

3:U will then head for counselling(a room towards the back).U will be given consent forms to sign;fill in ur US host phone number,ur cell no & ur signature.

4:u will be directed to the lab(titled Phlebotomy) where u will submit ur consent forms,passport & 1 photo.U will sign more consent forms(DS-2053 I think) & then they'll draw ur blood.

5:U will return to the counselling room for the x-rays procedure: (before the x-ray,u will submit 1 photo & ur passport & then wait for ur name to be called for the x-ray procedure).

6:After the x-ray,u will go the the "vaccination"room near the reception entrance for the vaccination payment breakdown.u will be queried on ur accination background & the vaccines to be administrerd jotted on the payment coupon.

7:Go pay for themedical charges @ CBA Village Market.

Day 2:

1:Security check @the gate.(this time round I was given a tag)

2:mad: the reception,u r assigned a number & then asked toproceed to the cashier to submit ur payment coupon whwereupon u will be issued with a receipt.

3:u wiill be called for the physical exam@ the "nurses stations".U will then move upstairs to the drs rooms for further checks.

4:from the Doctors rooms,head to the vaccnation room for the necessary after which u will be given a cert_DS-3025..the cd containing x-ray 2b collected later.

Highlights:
>>My wife's pics weren't up to par & thus we had to retake them @ Village Market

>>The counsellor asked us whether we understood Swahili..hellooo.

>>the generator overheated & thus x-raying was grounded for 30-40 mins.When the generator picked up,my wife was x rayed & then the machine blew something thus guys had to be ferried elsewhere for for x-rays..

Interview_Aug_14_2013

here's my story:

Woke up @ 0400hrs..could barely sleep (slept @0030hrs prepping for the next day:( ) said a prayer,chucked out of the house @ 0545hrs..mat to town..mat to UN..arrived @ around 0705hrs,found a crowd of about 40 guys..some were queuing,others by the fence.

Chilled till 0730hrs & then joined the queue..security check..proceeded inside the compound.Queued again..a lady went rhtu our docs& then redirected to another queue which 4 at a go will be let thru for the 2nd security check(where u will surrender ur phone,usb sticks et al).

Proceed to the main bldg;got my ticket stub after submitting my passport & welcome letter.Go chill outside until ur number is called.(Its at this stage where u r given the disclaimer regarding education).

My number is called..head to counter 5.
Lady:hello
Spouse&I:hello to u.
Lady:what is ur name
I:Obeez..etc
Spouse:..etc
Lady:Going thru our forms..why did u send copies to KCC
I:I didn't send copies,I emailed them..
Lady:Why did u do that.
I:Called & confirmed with KCC whether it was ok & they concurred.
lady:do u have the originals.
I:yes I do(handed them over to her)
Lady:KCSE docs & other academic certs above that.
I:handed them to her.
Lady:Ur birth certs..
Spouse&I:handed them to her.
lady:go to the cashier & pay.
I went & paid & then came back with the receipt(its cheaper to pay in dollars since the exchange rate then was $1=Kshs90:I bought my dollars for Kshs 87...thanks to Nickelly/Fomogho).
Lady:go chill outside until ur number is called.

After a while we were called to counter 8 for fingerprinting which went well.By this time,the hall had cleard out so we didn't have to go wait outside.

After what seemed to have been aeternity,then came the moment of truth..we were called to counter 10:

lady:do u swear...yadi..yadi..yada...
Spouse&I:We do.
lady:sign here..DS-230
Spouse&I:We did.
lady:going thru my docs..when did u graduate from high school.
I:the year 1644.
Lady:what did u do after that..
I:went to college to further my knowlegde..
lady:what r u doing now..
I:i'm an idler..
lady: pardon..
I:better definition of my profession..stone throwing & disturbing the peace.
Lady:went thru my forms again..oh..ok(her remarks).ur docs look ok..I'm going to give u the visa..congrats..here r the DHL instructions..yadi..yadi..yada...
Spouse&I:thank u very much...
GOD is great...(ur will be done..IJN)

My wife wasn't even asked anything despite us prepping into the wee hours..SMH

Exited the embassy @ around 1245hrs,proceeded to IOm to collect our x-ray cds & then headed home.

Collected my package from DHL ILH on the following Tuesday & my wife's on Wed..:D

America here we come...woohoo.....:p:p

What happened i have been away from this forum for some time.

Am only repeating this coz Makiki asked . Well my husband's xray had some scarring so IOM said we could not do our interview . The rule are that they take sputum samples and test them over a period of 8 weeks. If the TB is there thenthey will see it soon enough but if it's not then you have to wait the entire 8 weeks for the results. So the eight weeks were up on18th and yes it's negative but results come from the lab on 19th aftenoon, please call back Friday which is the 20th. They they tell us on 20th that they are still compiling the report but might send it to the embassythat day or on Monday 23rd. We have been trying to reschedule for a new appointment sinceJuly to no avail. So we thought when the embassy gets the file they would perhaps call us to the interview but when those attacks happened i knew it was surely over. That's the low down Makiki .

Am only repeating this coz Makiki asked . Well my husband's xray had some scarring so IOM said we could not do our interview . The rule are that they take sputum samples and test them over a period of 8 weeks. If the TB is there thenthey will see it soon enough but if it's not then you have to wait the entire 8 weeks for the results. So the eight weeks were up on18th and yes it's negative but results come from the lab on 19th aftenoon, please call back Friday which is the 20th. They they tell us on 20th that they are still compiling the report but might send it to the embassythat day or on Monday 23rd. We have been trying to reschedule for a new appointment sinceJuly to no avail. So we thought when the embassy gets the file they would perhaps call us to the interview but when those attacks happened i knew it was surely over. That's the low down Makiki .

I think you should call the Embassy. About booking, I met some people who did it online but at wrong hours....very early in the morning. For your case, try calling the embassy and explaining to them

Medicals_6&7th_Aug_2013

Day 1:

1:Security check @the gate.

2:go to the reception
>>submit passport(s) & NL.
>>ur photo(s) is taken.
>>u r handed payment details(basic)..$138 per person & a 2nd appointment form for the next day.

3:U will then head for counselling(a room towards the back).U will be given consent forms to sign;fill in ur US host phone number,ur cell no & ur signature.

4:u will be directed to the lab(titled Phlebotomy) where u will submit ur consent forms,passport & 1 photo.U will sign more consent forms(DS-2053 I think) & then they'll draw ur blood.

5:U will return to the counselling room for the x-rays procedure: (before the x-ray,u will submit 1 photo & ur passport & then wait for ur name to be called for the x-ray procedure).

6:After the x-ray,u will go the the "vaccination"room near the reception entrance for the vaccination payment breakdown.u will be queried on ur accination background & the vaccines to be administrerd jotted on the payment coupon.

7:Go pay for themedical charges @ CBA Village Market.

Day 2:

1:Security check @the gate.(this time round I was given a tag)

2:mad: the reception,u r assigned a number & then asked toproceed to the cashier to submit ur payment coupon whwereupon u will be issued with a receipt.

3:u wiill be called for the physical exam@ the "nurses stations".U will then move upstairs to the drs rooms for further checks.

4:from the Doctors rooms,head to the vaccnation room for the necessary after which u will be given a cert_DS-3025..the cd containing x-ray 2b collected later.

Highlights:
>>My wife's pics weren't up to par & thus we had to retake them @ Village Market

>>The counsellor asked us whether we understood Swahili..hellooo.

>>the generator overheated & thus x-raying was grounded for 30-40 mins.When the generator picked up,my wife was x rayed & then the machine blew something thus guys had to be ferried elsewhere for for x-rays..

Interview_Aug_14_2013

here's my story:

Woke up @ 0400hrs..could barely sleep (slept @0030hrs prepping for the next day:( ) said a prayer,chucked out of the house @ 0545hrs..mat to town..mat to UN..arrived @ around 0705hrs,found a crowd of about 40 guys..some were queuing,others by the fence.

Chilled till 0730hrs & then joined the queue..security check..proceeded inside the compound.Queued again..a lady went rhtu our docs& then redirected to another queue which 4 at a go will be let thru for the 2nd security check(where u will surrender ur phone,usb sticks et al).

Proceed to the main bldg;got my ticket stub after submitting my passport & welcome letter.Go chill outside until ur number is called.(Its at this stage where u r given the disclaimer regarding education).

My number is called..head to counter 5.
Lady:what is ur name
I:Obeez..etc
Spouse:..etc
Lady:Going thru our forms..why did u send copies to KCC
I:I didn't send copies,I emailed them..
Lady:Why did u do that.
I:Called & confirmed with KCC whether it was ok & they concurred.
lady:do u have the originals.
I:yes I do(handed them over to her)
Lady:KCSE docs & other academic certs above that.
I:handed them to her.
Lady:Ur birth certs..
Spouse&I:handed them to her.
lady:go to the cashier & pay.
I went & paid & then came back with the receipt(its cheaper to pay in dollars since the exchange rate then was $1=Kshs90:I bought my dollars for Kshs 87...thanks to Nickelly/Fomogho).
Lady:go chill outside until ur number is called.

After a while we were called to counter 8 for fingerprinting which went well.By this time,the hall had cleard out so we didn't have to go wait outside.

After what seemed to have been aeternity,then came the moment of truth..we were called to counter 10:

lady:do u swear...yadi..yadi..yada...
Spouse&I:We do.
lady:sign here..DS-230
Spouse&I:We did.
lady:going thru my docs..when did u graduate from high school.
I:the year 1644.
Lady:what did u do after that..
I:went to college to further my knowlegde..
lady:what r u doing now..
I:i'm an idler..
lady: pardon..
I:better definition of my profession..stone throwing & disturbing the peace.
Lady:went thru my forms again..oh..ok(her remarks).ur docs look ok..I'm going to give u the visa..congrats..here r the DHL instructions..yadi..yadi..yada...
Spouse&I:thank u very much...
GOD is great...(ur will be done..IJN)

My wife wasn't even asked anything despite us prepping into the wee hours..SMH

Exited the embassy @ around 1245hrs,proceeded to IOm to collect our x-ray cds & then headed home.

Collected my package from DHL ILH on the following Tuesday & my wife's on Wed..:D

America here we come...woohoo.....:p:p

So, why have you taken all this time to post your experience yet you said it was bad? DO you delight in cheating?

So, why have you taken all this time to post your experience yet you said it was bad? DO you delight in cheating?

So, why have you taken all this time to post your experience
Given that it's my post,I do as I see fit(mind you..u r not aware my daily schedule to question my motives:confused:)

yet you said it was bad?
Really!!!...when was that...??

DO you delight in cheating?
Hmmm...u don't!!:p:p..

Cheers.

there is a given number that you should be calling the embassy to book interview do you have it?

Hi club of winners, sorry i have been lost for a while but am here now, i already got my SSN and has registered for a State Id in preparations for my driving lessons soon. don't give up the race keep up the fire of hope burning and you will win.