• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

hallo peeps
2014AF0073XXX
Have KCC an email about confirmation of delivery of my form but its almost 3days have not got a reply from them ! kwani how long do they take 2 reply a mail? I know they are very busy some1 assit who got experience thanks peeps.God bless you peeps wish you all the best in your interviews members 2013 remember james 1 ;17

You need to be patient,i got a reply after almost 10 days and yu have to include your full name,case number and date of birth otherwise you will get a reply but with no information but just stating we cant give you the information yu requested due to security reason and make sure you include all the reference that i have stated above

Hey good people,i got a question.......my final year in campus starts in July 2013 till May 2014 next year,my visa expires in Nov 2013 meaning i will not be able to go back to school in July..so do i defer for a whole year,come back in June next year n finish my course or do i have my transcripts evaluated by World Evaluation Services n continue with studies in U.S??? sema dilemma:D
Can't you go for a few days and come back? It's going to be less than a year when you go back and it's understandable for new migrants especially on DV as we might have a few things to tie up before we finally move. I think you should be fine without deferring.

Essieta, you don't need to worry, once you have your green card, you can stay up to 1 year outside the US without much concern, but you can also apply for a re-entry permit if you are going to be out longer with a valid reason. And being out for study purposes is valid.

So my suggestion is, go to the US now with a return air ticket. Activate your GC, get your SSN etc, then come back and finish your final year. That is only 9 or 10 months, so you'll be within the 1 year period. In the mean time, if you really want to finish your study year in the US, you can have your papers evaluated and look for a university, while you continue your current study in Nairobi. But my thought is that it might be cheaper and easier to go and come back to finish school, than to go and try to get into uni there for the final year.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=3f443a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Thanks i will consider this..

Can't you go for a few days and come back? It's going to be less than a year when you go back and it's understandable for new migrants especially on DV as we might have a few things to tie up before we finally move. I think you should be fine without deferring.

Thanks,i think this is a better option but i was not intending to go so soon

Hey ladies n Gentlemen..its been a while ..am happy the forum is so much alive makiki na kuchekchek..well am winding up my stay in Kenya hopefully this weekend i will be on my way to ATL check in fly to Houston the back to ATL after a week..

How do i deal with Jetlagg..makiki and the ones who have left over to you..

Karendi!!!!!!!!!!!! lol wacha niwache:D

Hey ladies n Gentlemen..its been a while ..am happy the forum is so much alive makiki na kuchekchek..well am winding up my stay in Kenya hopefully this weekend i will be on my way to ATL check in fly to Houston the back to ATL after a week..

Papa wishing you the very best ahead..Hey how much did you pay for your flight and ni airline gani..tell a sister

Papa wishing you the very best ahead..Hey how much did you pay for your flight and ni airline gani..tell a sister

I am doing KLM coz i need to attend to something urgent..otherwise i would have preferred a cheaper option..its USD1880

Please help me figure this out:
On my high school diploma i have got charles dickens as my name and on my international passport i got frank dickens. On my birth certificate i got charles frank dickens. My interview is on the 5th of august,i hope this will not be problem? I swore an affidavit saying that " i am one and the same person and all legal documents remain valid".

Please help me figure this out:
On my high school diploma i have got charles dickens as my name and on my international passport i got frank dickens. On my birth certificate i got charles frank dickens. My interview is on the 5th of august,i hope this will not be problem? I swore an affidavit saying that " i am one and the same person and all legal documents remain valid".
It,s Ok mine had issues with name but they didn't ask for the affidavit,but its good u have it just in case u get a different CO but that is not a big issue it shall be well with you.

Have a safe trip Papasan

My interview today was a success

Got there at 0700hrs, had to wait in that cold till 0730hrs coz my interview was scheduled for 0800hrs.

First security check, then the second and left my few valuables there...
Got a number, waited... Called to window 4 for my documents. Went back and waited again... Called to window 8 for finger prints. (After this i decided to stay and wait inside coz i couldn't stay outside with that cold)

Called to window 10 for my interview...
Was asked to swear that the information i've given is true. I did. Then signed
Was asked what i did after form 4, i answered.
What i'm doing now, I answered.
My relationship with my host, I answered.
Then she announced that she'll give me the visa and gave me the DHL paper and USCIS papers.

And that was all my dear sisters and brothers! After a year and two months of waiting, everything was over in less than two minutes.

Wish all you who are yet to go for your interviews all the best. Declare that you'll get the visa, and you will!

My interview today was a success

Got there at 0700hrs, had to wait in that cold till 0730hrs coz my interview was scheduled for 0800hrs.

First security check, then the second and left my few valuables there...
Got a number, waited... Called to window 4 for my documents. Went back and waited again... Called to window 8 for finger prints. (After this i decided to stay and wait inside coz i couldn't stay outside with that cold)

Called to window 10 for my interview...
Was asked to swear that the information i've given is true. I did. Then signed
Was asked what i did after form 4, i answered.
What i'm doing now, I answered.
My relationship with my host, I answered.
Then she announced that she'll give me the visa and gave me the DHL paper and USCIS papers.

And that was all my dear sisters and brothers! After a year and two months of waiting, everything was over in less than two minutes.

Wish all you who are yet to go for your interviews all the best. Declare that you'll get the visa, and you will!

glory! sa hama mbio mbio ucreate space :D