• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Had my interview in the morning...success. It went like this:

I arrived at the Embassy at 07:40, I stood on the q for about 15 minutes, they checked my interview letter and passport and I went through the security. I went through to the initial desk and was given my number. There were a lot of non immigrant visa applicants and they were calling about 40 non-immigrant applicants for 1 immigrant applicant.

After about 40 minutes I was called to window 14, got fingerprinted and handed in the documents. The CO asked me when I intend to go to the US, I told him around August, he told me my visa will expire on 10th Nov. I changed the address where my GC should be sent to TX and made a payment. After making the payment, I went back and handed him the receipt and he handed me the X-ray and told me to take it with me to the US. He handed me the courier address forms to fill in the address I wanted my passport delivered and I was asked to go and wait.I waited for another 40 minutes and was asked to go to window 16.

CO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
CO: I need to verify your fingerprints.

I put my fingerprints for verification.

CO: Thanks
Me: No problem
CO: I need you to sign this form...
Me: (signed)
CO:How did you apply for the lottery, online or through an agent
Me: Online
CO: How many times did you apply
Me: Twice
CO: Second time was a charm
Me: Yeah
CO: Looking through my file for my I-134: what is your relationship to ....
Me: She is my aunt
CO: I see that you graduated from .... University with a degree in accounting
Me: Accounting and Law
CO: We have approved your visa, go and pay at the courier and in 10 days you will receive your passport and all teh documents
Me: Will I need to make a payment and how do I do that
CO: You will receive all details with your package
Me: OK thank you very much
CO: Was that too bad for you? Scary?
Me: Yes, I was a little nervous
CO: Congratulations and have a nice day
Me: Same to you

Congrats Abu Hamza...how was the feeling after the success? For me it was just a huge relief. Now planning details of my next move

I arrived at the Embassy at 07:40, I stood on the q for about 15 minutes, they checked my interview letter and passport and I went through the security. I went through to the initial desk and was given my number. There were a lot of non immigrant visa applicants and they were calling about 40 non-immigrant applicants for 1 immigrant applicant.

After about 40 minutes I was called to window 14, got fingerprinted and handed in the documents. The CO asked me when I intend to go to the US, I told him around August, he told me my visa will expire on 10th Nov. I changed the address where my GC should be sent to TX and made a payment. After making the payment, I went back and handed him the receipt and he handed me the X-ray and told me to take it with me to the US. He handed me the courier address forms to fill in the address I wanted my passport delivered and I was asked to go and wait.I waited for another 40 minutes and was asked to go to window 16.

CO: We have approved your visa, go and pay at the courier and in 10 days you will receive your passport and all teh documents

Congratulations!!

Who are going to have a friendly chat with CO tomorrow?wish you all the best,let the river of success continue flowing

DADA
Hongera sana,mungu yu mwema
Congratulations my sister,all the best.

Congratulations.

Winner ohooo winner, winner oooo winner Jesus You don winner oooooo winner I say you go win forever winner, Congrats dear

howdy house.
first my apologies for going missing on you guys. kazi hapa kazi pale.
congrats to Burudiwinner, Essieta, Abu Hamza, Ricey, Mashaaliyah and evrybody who got their visa.
as you all know i had my interview scheduled for monday next week. unfortunately for some reason i will not be able to attend the interview. i have been trying to reschedule unsuccessfully bit finaly av got a date. July 30th.
what i can tell you is this. once you submit to the will of God He has ur destiny in His hands. it daent matter what your situation may say, what the Co, embassy, KCC, family, haters et al will say. He will see you to the very end.
finaly safe journey to Makiki na ukifika stateside usiwe na tabia ya kusilence like guys have been doing when they get there.
Inshallah and God bless you all.

Essiesta, Congratulations this is sooo encouraging. God is surely on our side. Seems those of us having interview on Tuesday next are a handful. Si we hookup guys @ the Embassy.....

Sure, see you there.. we all will pass IJN

Congrats dear

Congrats Abu Hamza...how was the feeling after the success? For me it was just a huge relief. Now planning details of my next move

Thx dear! The feeling after d success was like d feeling one gets after carrying a heavy load and suddenly a volunteer takes over d load

God, I say this month is a month of Favor, congratulation, welcome to Texas big family:p

B4 the payment of the visa processing fee u r given a form which among others state dat u have to have a minimum of c-

As long as you have upgraded by doing a professional course after high school then you are safe, ensure you have gone to college for guys who have low grades:p