• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

The long wait

Hey guys , just read a few posts from members and would like to thank all those who share their knowledge and information on this forum. I was shocked to read a post from a guy who says that his bro got stranded at the airport after his host refused to pick them up. Guys, we just have to pray that GOD will guide us in the face of such challenges. Today I have a question for members, my case number is 20132L7ZNO3838**** when should I expect my 2NL and probably interview?

Correction on case number

I wrote my confirmation number instead of my case number, my case number is 2013AF0008***. Apologies for that

Congrats to all who became current in July and those going for their interviews soon...the very best of luck. I expect more good news.

The long wait is finally over! My Lord you are to be trusted! My Interview finally scheduled for Mid July...what a relief! I saw that one of the requirements is a Police Certificate. Is this the same as the Certificate of Good Conduct? Kindly assist.

The long wait is finally over! My Lord you are to be trusted! My Interview finally scheduled for Mid July...what a relief! I saw that one of the requirements is a Police Certificate. Is this the same as the Certificate of Good Conduct? Kindly assist.

congrats. yep its the one and only

@dubai-b
@cathyliss @shorrie

Make sure you apply as many times as possible .Some people applied for ten years before being selected

@makiki @dubai-b @nickelly @papasan @karendi @essieta @Ricey

Thanks to all for keeping the forum alive. As I pointed out earlier the best source of information is this forum and also as pointed out by dubai-b the website. If you go through the forum members have shared first hand on their interview experiences which those who are still on the queue should seriously take into account. I have seen step by step shared experiences from the medical to payment to being called to window 5 ,6 and 8. We expect the same trend to continue. After the interview let members post their experiences in each step and those who don't make it should also post their experience so that others may learn from it.

The reason why people share experiences back home but disappear in thin air immediately on arrival in the US is because filling and sending the forms, medical, interview, travel arrangements and getting social security number and ID within the the first month in the US can be said to be tailored to measure. People have almost the same experience. But there after, like the rainbow experiences become quite different. It becomes a totally different scenario because of different reasons and experiences.

1) The host becomes one of the greatest determinant of how fast you can settle down. US is quite a developed country and they do things a bit different from the way we do them at home. If the host is economical with information you wont know where to start. You need your host to know where different relevant offices are located, to learn driving in a new environment,cheap health facilities and the different Laws that one should be able to observe immediately on arrival. There are so many rules in the US which back home we take them for granted but it becomes mandatory in the US especially on the roads to buying a phone and how to prepare to an early move to your own apartment. You should be in a position to know what the apartment leasing terms are all about, so that you move out from your host at the soonest possible time. There is rent plus deposit if you have no credit history to rent only if you have a credit history and so forth.

2)Getting a host becomes an issue because of historical mistrust. More than 60% of Kenyans have no legal documentation and nobody will ever tell you that In this case, mistrust develops because diversity holders tend to do better than them and get more opportunities. So they tend to misled the new immigrants. Secondly, DVS holders who take long to settle tend to misled the new arrivals. Thirdly, the many rules and regulations make some people to live in perpetual fear of hosting a new arrival ie if one has not saved enough that person is not able to sign for one an affidavit of support because it will not be binding so the person will keep you in suspense without telling you the truth. If one does not know cheap joints for health facilities one might see a new arrival as a burden due to high cost of health care.
3)There are cases of people who have hosted immigrants and in turn they abused that trust. This has also created mistrust among the Kenyans.
4)There is also the jealous relative who wants to remain alone in the US so the feeling of hosting a relative does not amuse them and they want you to fail.
5)Culture shock-In coming to US one is faced by culture shock which have made many families to break down. So the coming of a relative makes things worse for the couple and they dread a new member in the family
6)There are those who got there acts correctly through prayers, patience,hard work ,wide consultations and research. This group is willing to host a person without fear. They are willing to show you around and help you acquire a driving license within a month. Direct you to sources of job search in the libraries and relevant website searches besides guiding you to job corners and social offices. Drive you to job fairs and seminars and on top of that encourage you and give you hope.

thanks for the info. now we wont say we werent told

Got my letter too. Interview is on 1st July. Now I need to get the police certificate and schedule the medicals.

Thank you Lord, for this far you've brought us. Guide us all through to the end. Amen.
Amen, He already taking care of us

@nickely
PLEASE NOTE- once you arrive buy yourself a cellphone that has a GPS and you will be able to get yourself around even in the biggest town in the US. Make friendship with the internet and it will give you information to supplement and to counter check any information from your host. Libraries are free if your host has no internet. Make sure you use the little cash you come with wisely and use it only when necessary until you get your first job.
More important: Make acquiring of a car a top priority because in many jobs you will need it. And with 3000 dollars you have one to move you from point A to B.
))))))Fear note even if you have been betrayed in the midst of those bad people there is a saint and God did not chose you to suffer. Join a church and even if it is not a Kenyan church where most of them have been accused of rumor mongers, join a small white church where most of them are willing to help. Know where they sale cheap goods and residential yard sales and job opportunities. If they trust you others will allow you to work in their churches before even before the arrival of your social card. You will benefit a lot from the church. Work with Kenyan but don't bank all your hope on them because you will be disappointed. Look what the white churches have for you

Equally, note that older members once they settle down they might want to allow new members to share their first hand experiences which might differ from their own.

So most of the people once they arrive experiences differ. That is why you may think that all the stories are full of disappointments. There is the family which traveled from Nairobi only to find the host had switched off the phone and they were helped by an airport white personnel who was sympathetic after being stranded in the airport for two days. Might sound a fairytale story but it happened three years ago . But you can see Gods hand of blessings there after. I believe we are more than conquerors.

I have given too much information but let us continue sharing information. We will also let members share the very current happenings and experiences. Don't be disappointed as your experience from the forum has prepared you to face the unknown. Thanks

Blessings

Thanks very much for all tis information, May God continue to bless you as are blessing with this informations

Today's Teaching

The power of the spoken word is one of life’s greatest mysteries. All that you will ever be or accomplish hinges on how you choose
to govern what comes out of your mouth. By what you allow to occupy your mind and mouth, you can either bless your life to
great heights of success or send it orbiting into realms of failure, sadness, and discontentment. Th is is why Proverbs tells us, “For as he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Prov. 23:7, amp), and urges, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life” (Prov. 4:23, ). Jesus followed suit by declaring, “For whatever is in your heart determines what you say. A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart” (Matt.
12:34–35, ).

Praise be to God. Thanks for all this comfort words ****lly. This is what help us to advance, because you are there for us

Praise the Lord, my interview is schedule for the 13/07/13. Just received 2NL.

Ok, i have been going through the posts for July interviews and am seeing a very weird pattern. Am seeing people with much bigger CNS than mine and they sent back forms later than i did, yet they have an interview date ahead of mine. I guess this thing has no formula. Eg Misses here, has CN 66K while i have 59k, she sent back her forms to KCC in SEPTEMBER while i sent mine in May (5 months earlier) and she has an interview date of 13th July while i have 23rd July. I have seen more, and am not complaining, just making an observation.

Hi guys, i have gone through the forum (in a rush) and i cant find information on booking for medicals. I need to do this via email. Kindly let me know what to include in the mail. Thanks in advance, i know its there somewhere in the forum but man, you know, just taking the easy way out.

Ok, i have been going through the posts for July interviews and am seeing a very weird pattern. Am seeing people with much bigger CNS than mine and they sent back forms later than i did, yet they have an interview date ahead of mine. I guess this thing has no formula. Eg Misses here, has CN 66K while i have 59k, she sent back her forms to KCC in SEPTEMBER while i sent mine in May (5 months earlier) and she has an interview date of 13th July while i have 23rd July. I have seen more, and am not complaining, just making an observation.

I offer to disagree, catchme. My cn is close to 52000 bt I sent my forms early may 2012. The current case numbers for Jun is 43400 to 56000. if ur conclusions are right wid my close to 52k my interview shd have bin scheduled in mid to end Jun. Fortunately my interview is in d first week of Jun.