• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Tanzanian DV selectees tunaomba uzoefu wenu

kwa wale mliopata DV kwa miaka mingi iliyopita mnaweza kutupa uzoefu wenu hapa.
For those who succeeded for green card,we need your experience

Karibu sana ...... You are welcome. How can we help you??? If you have no particular question kindly start reading as from page 1 that is when we also started 1yr ago. You will learn alot more from there.

Ama kusema kweli karibu sana kaka/dada katika ukumbi huu, jisikie huru na kama makiki alivyosema anza ukurasa wa kwanza na kwa uhakika utapata majibu yako yoote peupe..tunaimba update sahihi yako kwa mawasiliano mema..asante

Karibu sana ...... You are welcome. How can we help you??? If you have no particular question kindly start reading as from page 1 that is when we also started 1yr ago. You will learn alot more from there.
Thanks I am in and I started reading from the beginning of the post. Then I will come back if I will not find the solution of my answer
Asanteni Sana waungwana

New born baby after the interview

Thank you for your continue support.

My spuse is expecting to deliver baby on November.

1-If we will land to USA after delivery when and how can I add my new baby so we would fly all of us and apply for GC including New baby

2- if we land before delivery and she will deliver the baby on the US. what is the total delivery cost with no insurance.?
is ther any free delivery medical hospital?

is any one had or heard such experience and what is the adivce? Deliver before landing or after landing?

I know too many question and I appreciate your feedback.

1-If we will land to USA after delivery when and how can I add my new baby so we would fly all of us and apply for GC including New baby

2- if we land before delivery and she will deliver the baby on the US. what is the total delivery cost with no insurance.?

is any one had or heard such experience and what is the adivce? Deliver before landing or after landing?

Advise: Organise yourself that immediately you get that visa you live within a weeks time so that she can deliver in the US, the baby becomes a Citizen instantly :D :D

Sm1smom we need you here

For patients not covered by health insurance, the typical cost of a normal delivery without complications ranges from about $9,000 to $17,000 or more, depending on geographic location and whether there is a discount for uninsured patients. The typical cost for a C-section without complications or a vaginal delivery with complications ranges from about $14,000 to $25,000 or more.

But there is something you can do to deliver for free. Please keep checking i will get all the information from Diaspora Moms and post here.

Answers that am getting
1) If she can process her ssn as fast enuf after arrival, it's possible they do it for her and credit the cost for future payment. There are many options here. They certainly won't throw her out because she hadn't money to pay. They take such issues regarding life very seriously here and No doctor want his license revoke. Having a US born citizen is with lots of future benefits. I'll suggest she comes here (US)

2) A lady at our church came when she was expecting akapelekwa DSHS(Department of health and social services) and they helped her.But I hear kila State na rules zake so tell them to try that. Let me give you an example of myself. When I came with my two kids nilienda huko and they gave me foodstump $572,cash $572 and full medical and dental coverage for my kids.When i got a job they ended the cash and reduced foodstump to $379. Later when i started earning well i stopped reviewing for foodstump so it ended.Now i only have insurance ya watoto until they turn 18yrs.

3) If she coming to Texas (Dallas/fortworth) she needs to just go to parklands hospital. She will show that she has no income. She will get free maternity services, get Medicaid and her child gets Medicaid till the baby is one.... Good luck. Unless the rules changes recently, most of my friends went thro' that process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delivery Options!

Personally, I wouldn't advice a new immigrant to consider having a baby in the US as soon as they arrive and without medical insurance coverage. In as much as having a baby in the US is highly desirous, since the baby immediately becomes a citizen, if you don't have medical insurance coverage, immediate or close family/friends you can depend on, no job offer for your spouse before your arrival, etc, you're better off having the baby in your home country and bringing the baby in as a LPR (the baby automatically becomes a citizen when you become a citizen yourself 5 years down the road anyway).

Contrary to what most people think, new immigrants are NOT entitled to Medicare, yes there are loopholes which people have exploited in the past and continue to exploit, you however don't want to be the scapegoat! Applying for Medicare when you're not entitled to it is like reaping where you've not sown. FUnding for Medicare is not government money per se, the funding is derived from the taxes other people have paid, and if you've not contributed to it, you shouldn't be expecting to benefit from it. Don't mess up your future with an immediate temporary gratification!

New immigrants are not entitled to government aids or benefits, which is why they request for an affidavit of support from a US sponsor. Your sponsor is liable for all benefits received while not entitled to them. I know some of you did not have to produce an affidavit of support as at the time of your interview, and you might be thinking you will not be jeopardizing anyone if you receive any of these benefits, trust me, this will come back to haunt you! When you apply for citizenship, you will have to declare what type of aids you received in the past and when you received them.

The good news is yes, hospital or medical doctor will not refuse to treat an unisured person. The bad part? Doctors' fees and hospital rates are not regulated! You could end up being slammed with thousands of $$$$$$,.Yes they will probably not ask you to pay everything at once, but you don't want to end up using every penny you earn to settle hospital bills for God knows how long.

As new immigrants, I suggest you try and get some sort of medical insurance as soon as you arrive. Don't wait till you have a medical emergency to find out how brutal the US medical industry can be. You can always cancel your personal coverage once you have a job that provides you with medical insurance.

Here are some links that could possibly help you get started. I don't work for any of the companies here and I'm not making a personal recommendation, but the information may save you some major headache and heartache down the road.

Medicare Insurance for Green Card Holders (permanent residents) in USA

http://www.visitorscoverage.com/green-card-insurance/medicare-for-green-card/

Medicare vs Medicaid
http://www.visitorscoverage.com/health-insurance/medicare-vs-medicaid/

Medical insurance for Green Card or New Immigrants to USA

http://www.visitorscoverage.com/immigrants/health-insurance-for-green-card-holders/

New Immigrants Medical Insurance
http://www.insubuy.com/guide/new-immigrants-medical-insurance-plans.jsp

This is probably a long read for most of you, pardon my long rambling!! However, I suggest you all educate yourselves and prepare yourselves for your new life. A word is enough for the wise!!

Last edited by a moderator:

My suggestion to you would be for your spouse to have the baby in your home country. The fiscal year for DV 2013 would have been over by November when she's due, so it's pointless contacting the embassy by then. Depending on when your have your interview, I would suggest you both make a quick trip to the US to activate the GC, she (or both of you, if you wish) can then go back to your home country and have the baby. She would have the benefit of having family members to provide her with the immediate assistance she will need taking care of the baby, it will save you cost-wise too. The you will receive on your passport allows you to go back home for 9-12 months, I think, to put your affairs together before coming back to the US to settle down. You can also apply for a re-entry permit which allows you to stay back for a maximum of 2 years without jeopardizing your GC. I however wouldn't recommend that as you still have the issue of your baby's GC to contend with.

The baby will be processed for GC upon you and/or your wife's return at the POE. This has to happen before the baby turns 2 years old or so, I think.

Good luck with your interview and final decison regarding where to have the baby.

What a nice feeling to have and read from a kind hearted and well meaning person, Sm1smom you are so nice :D you have really saved another cow from being slaughtered. I have just picked some very IMPORTANT lines that i will remember all the way. Contrary to what we hear and are told.

Personally, I wouldn't advice a new immigrant to consider having a baby in the US as soon as they arrive and without medical insurance coverage. In as much as having a baby in the US is highly desirous, since the baby immediately becomes a citizen, if you don't have medical insurance coverage, immediate or close family/friends you can depend on, no job offer for your spouse before your arrival, etc, you're better off having the baby in your home country and bringing the baby in as a LPR (the baby automatically becomes a citizen when you become a citizen yourself 5 years down the road anyway).

Contrary to what most people think, new immigrants are NOT entitled to Medicare, yes there are loopholes which people have exploited in the past and continue to exploit, you however don't want to be the scapegoat! Applying for Medicare when you're not entitled to it is like reaping where you've not sown. FUnding for Medicare is not government money per se, the funding is derived from the taxes other people have paid, and if you've not contributed to it, you shouldn't be expecting to benefit from it. Don't mess up your future with an immediate temporary gratification!

New immigrants are not entitled to government aids or benefits, which is why they request for an affidavit of support from a US sponsor. Your sponsor is liable for all benefits received while not entitled to them. I know some of you did not have to produce an affidavit of support as at the time of your interview, and you might be thinking you will not be jeopardizing anyone if you receive any of these benefits, trust me, this will come back to haunt you! When you apply for citizenship, you will have to declare what type of aids you received in the past and when you received them.

The good news is yes, hospital or medical doctor will not refuse to treat an unisured person. The bad part? Doctors' fees and hospital rates are not regulated! You could end up being slammed with thousands of $$$$$$,.Yes they will probably not ask you to pay everything at once, but you don't want to end up using every penny you earn to settle hospital bills for God knows how long.

As new immigrants, I suggest you try and get some sort of medical insurance as soon as you arrive. Don't wait till you have a medical emergency to find out how brutal the US medical industry can be. You can always cancel your personal coverage once you have a job that provides you with medical insurance.

Here are some links that could possibly help you get started. I don't work for any of the companies here and I'm not making a personal recommendation, but the information may save you some major headache and heartache down the road.

Medicare vs Medicaid

http://www.visitorscoverage.com/immigrants/health-insurance-for-green-card-holders/

This is probably a long read for most of you, pardon my long rambling!! However, I suggest you all educate yourselves and prepare yourselves for your new life. A word is enough for the wise!!

Much Appreciation

Medicare vs Medicaid

Much needed info, thanx alot sm1.

Hmmn! I think I'm gonna start a para-legal service and start charging fees for all these, what do you guys think? :confused::p

Of course, I'm kidding. I'm truly happy to be of service, and I appreciate you guys appreciating me. :cool:

Hats off to you Ash for coming back despite and being of service to others inspite of your unfavorable outcome of your interview. Bravo to you, sistah! *thumbs up*

Hmmn! I think I'm gonna start a para-legal service and start charging fees for all these, what do you guys think? :confused::p

Of course, I'm kidding. I'm truly happy to be of service, and I appreciate you guys appreciating me. :cool:

Hats off to you Ash for coming back despite and being of service to others inspite of your unfavorable outcome of your interview. Bravo to you, sistah! *thumbs up*

You are our 'Better Option' all the stories we hear is what we write. WE write as we hear and told but YOU write as it is. Ma'am you are a blessing to this family.

We sent an inquiry to KCC way before the baby was born. They told us to either send his forms to them or go with them to the embassy on the day of the interview together with the birth cert. Normal birth cert takes 3 months to process. We sent the forms to KCC once we got the cert. I have read of cases where newborns were presented on the day of the interview and visas were granted. AM JUST CONFUSED! Ash pls shed some more light as to what may have happened.

Ash. Whats ur take here? Anyone else who had a baby after sending forms to KCC?

Medicare vs Medicaid

Thanks Sm1smom you are a blessing:)

Today's Devotion

Genesis 12:2-3
"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." :)

Hello forum mates,

It just came to my mind and i want to ask you would it be an issue to travel just one /two week(s) before visa expiry date?
in case it wouldn't be an issue, what about getting GC after the visa has expired? furthermore whats meant by the notes on visa that says " upon endorsment serves as temporary I-551 evidencing permanent residence for 1 year."??

Thanks.