• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

About Love

Hey guys, just read a post from makiki and thought that i should add onto what she said. For those who are about to leave for the states, ensure that you have clear goals and objectives. Exercise caution when dealing with strangers and be cautious in giving out your personal information. I know there is an old adage that suggest that one can fall in love instantly " love at first site". This could be the genesis of a myriad of problems that will befall you once you fall prey to this saying. I believe that everyone in this forum knows that laws in the United States provide more protection to women and children. If you try the tricks used by men in Kenya, you will be in for a rude shock, utakua ukifanya kazi kama mtumwa. Dont forget the long nights and lonely days that you had to endure while in Kenya. Kwa ufupi, endeni fanye kazi kwa bidii and GOD will bless you

please can someone assist to direct me. i discovered that my year of birth i entererd during the application is a year older that my actual age for example 1978 instead of 1979, when i filled the correct year i.e 1979 in the update forms 230 and 122 which i sent to KCC after theresult was out. Do i need to send an email to them of this error or i should wait till interview date. I am worried because my case nr is 2013F00017XXX. Thank you
You dont need to you will say it was a type error. I did the same but on dates so please dont worry yourself so much as long as the DSP122 and DS230 has your correct year of birth. You are good to go.

My fellow Baboon you got lost in the woods but nice to see that you found your way back. I wish you a smooth check on the medicals

Hy makiki, didn't get lost intentionally, its dis exam thing bt finally after soul searchin I came to d conclusion dat it will not deter me frm being a member of this big beautiful family headed by our Papa_san and Ma_kiki. Am a proud son and my nickname will thus be Kikisan.

ey this jabs were painless wen injected but after ten mins dis irritating pain comes bak. Didn't knw it was gonna b an issue bt now it is. Bt anyway tuko pamoja

You are good to go. As Solwach said, all those
forms of marriage are recorgnized in UG.
Having a cert under any form is ok. Just use your
Civil cert but have pictures of the customary as
well. Those guys know that we do the customary
First then others later. The Bulange one is good
back up for the customary mge.

well, for me i did the Kwanjula(traditional) , then church wedding and now i have to register the marriage again at Registra's office. meaning i will be having 3 certificates for same marriage.
Do i need photos at embassy as well?

Hy makiki, didn't get lost intentionally, its dis exam thing bt finally after soul searchin I came to d conclusion dat it will not deter me frm being a member of this big beautiful family headed by our Papa_san and Ma_kiki. Am a proud son and my nickname will thus be Kikisan.

Tihihihhi Kikisan what a nice combination of nicknames :D

A word of advice for the guys who already made it to the States. Zip up. Keep off from women except you intend marriage. Be informed that most ladies in the US are not desperate to have you in bed because you are sexy and irresistible, but largely because they want to have a baby with you and you will end up paying child support for as long as the child is a minor, that way they don't get to work, you do all the works and pay her a monthly salary to support 'your' baby (Her needs). Be focused. Wisen up. Have a set goal of where to be in the next 12 months. Never mind if others mock at your goals. You will get there or close enough to it...Good Luck.

Gentiger of Nairaland

True, true. Be careful my brothers else you will work for other people all your life.

well, for me i did the Kwanjula(traditional) , then church wedding and now i have to register the marriage again at Registra's office. meaning i will be having 3 certificates for same marriage.

Carry some but they may not ask for them if your marriage is old. We carried ours but they didnt even ask a question about marriage. Only newly weds or people with new certificates and no kids yet can be asked those questions especially those that got married after being selected.

Guys today, May 8th is a great day. It is d day Sir Alex Ferguson, the most successful
manager in the history of the
British game, retired. Today is also the day I undertook the medicals. Surely the icing of the cake will b if the visa bulletin is out and my bro Obeez teks his interview in July. Surely time is a dictator.

Photos are used when initially you filled the dv as single and now you are married,that's when you need extra proof otherwise the certificates are fine.:)

And for guys like Mama kiki,Nickelly,Karendi,KyleXy,Mashpol,Frank0 and Papasan are all in stage 5. For me this is the most emotionally torturous phase and we the humans beings, are constantly resistant to change. We get the fear of the unknown and moving out of your comfort zone. Surround yourself with positive energy and always remember, out of 14mil+ applicants your number was selected. Friends, this is what keeps me going and yearning for that relocation with an opportunity to my your life all over again. Be blessed, listen to your instincts and make wise decisions.

Thanks Dubai B for the encouragement. I thought this will be the easiest part of my year long journey...wapi? Its very tensious but our dear God is with us. I will surround myself with positive minded people and God did not randomly pick me from millions without a purpose.
Thanks we shall make it.

Just imagine dubai-b its emotionally overwhelming but this phrase is helpful(Surround yourself with positive energy and always remember, out of 14mil+ applicants your number was selected) Thanks be blessed:)

dubai-b Yho right.The fear of the unknown is what is eating me up.But am the adventurous type so am really yearning to crossover.By the way,talking of crossing over,am leaving next wk on sunday 19th through heathrow in a BA flight..about retaking of the jabs,I was told by my brother its not expensive over there so I will redo them the very first thing once I get there.

Hey KyleXY, that is super soon. Good for you. I will be leaving like a month after you via the same BA (first class) huh..I wish. I will retake all my jabs here am not too sure I want to be bother people asking them to take me places (DL, Greencard, SSn, Bank and Vaccination) what I can do here; I will. Barikiwa and keep in touch.

Guys today, May 8th is a great day. It is d day Sir Alex Ferguson, the most successful
manager in the history of the
British game, retired. Today is also the day I undertook the medicals. Surely the icing of the cake will b if the visa bulletin is out and my bro Obeez teks his interview in July. Surely time is a dictator.

Ok, wait who is Ferguson? and what has he to do with our visas? Lol...am losted!!
Wow, great you are done with the medicals. All the best with your interviews coming.

Ok, wait who is Ferguson? and what has he to do with our visas? Lol...am losted!!
Wow, great you are done with the medicals. All the best with your interviews coming.

karendi wacha hizo, was trying to dillute the anxiety dat I was feeling. if u don't get it just forget it. Kwani there is no life other than the visa?