• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Reschedule IOM meds appointment.

hi house of winners,should i reschedule my meds appointment? and hw does one do that? ive bn calling IOM with no avail,i get a busy line tone each time i call. Please assist!

Hi, are you in Nairobi?you can walk in or do an email..they informed me they were shifting to Gigiri but not sure when..email is the better option

Case No: 2014AF00011***
Entry checked : May 02 2013
Forms sent to KCC : May 06 2013 (Aramex courier)
Forms received by KCC :
2nd NL:
Police clearance:

Medicals:
Interview:
Visa pick up:
P.O.E:

Have a question is my case number high? and when can such a number get a schedule for interview?? Kenyan!!

Hi,welcome to the forum...well,your case number is very low,u might be current most probably in November this year

Forms received by KCC :
2nd NL:
Police clearance:
Medicals:
Interview:
Visa pick up:
P.O.E:

Have a question is my case number high? and when can such a number get a schedule for interview?? Kenyan!!

Your case number is not high you will go for interview in the month of November 2013

I found a lady who didnt check her DV2013 entry status until March this year, she has a very low case number 2013AF0004XXX so she sent her forms to KCC late March. I have advised her to join the forum so soon she might join. I told her it takes 8 weeks for KCC to process her case so probably she may get her 2NL in July and do her interview in August.

She has told me that some people are discouraging her that she is already late. Is this true or false?? Kindly say something i will copy paste for her to read thru mail while she plans to join the forum.

Yo welcome. I think I spent about 200,000/-. But
yours will be cheaper i guess. Check the registrars
website, Uganda Registration Service Bureau. You
can even call them.

Hi Ash, i saw that your customary was registered with KCC was it held in Kampala? Please note that i have never registered mine. Should i be worried even if i have the civil (which i did after sending my stuff back to Kentucky) but the date in the forms is the one for my customary. I only have that funny certificate from Bulange which i translated from MUK and also notarised but its not registered. Please give me your thoughts.

I found a lady who didnt check her DV2013 entry status until March this year, she has a very low case number 2013AF0004XXX so she sent her forms to KCC late March. I have advised her to join the forum so soon she might join. I told her it takes 8 weeks for KCC to process her case so probably she may get her 2NL in July and do her interview in August.

She has told me that some people are discouraging her that she is already late. Is this true or false?? Kindly say something i will copy paste for her to read thru mail while she plans to join the forum.

It is well with her, time is not up, we still have until September. God can turn her situation around. She's already done the major part of sending her papers to KCC. All she needs to do now is plan and prepare so that she's ready for her medicals and interview. After that she has 6 months to travel......it is so well with her....

Hi Ash, i saw that your customary was registered with KCC was it held in Kampala? Please note that i have never registered mine. Should i be worried even if i have the civil (which i did after sending my stuff back to Kentucky) but the date in the forms is the one for my customary. I only have that funny certificate from Bulange which i translated from MUK and also notarised but its not registered. Please give me your thoughts.

since u are already sorted with the civil certificate then you dont need to register again. The law clearly caters for either civil, customary, muhamadian or hindu marriage registration and u must register for only one. Ash registerd for customery, my 2 cents

KCC doesnt not give deadline of submitting the forms as long as you send the forms and they have enough time to process your documents putting in mind the DV2013 comes to an end on 30th Sep 2013.She should now confirm whether KCC received her forms then relax n wait to be current through entrant status check...at least she would have done her part.:) she should not listen to prophets of doom...

Ensure you have all the documents ready like Passport are you single or married,ensure you have marriage certificate ready ,children ensure you have passports for them too.Its not too far away months are like days :)

Our Wonderful Men

A word of advice for the guys who already made it to the States. Zip up. Keep off from women except you intend marriage. Be informed that most ladies in the US are not desperate to have you in bed because you are sexy and irresistible, but largely because they want to have a baby with you and you will end up paying child support for as long as the child is a minor, that way they don't get to work, you do all the works and pay her a monthly salary to support 'your' baby (Her needs). Be focused. Wisen up. Have a set goal of where to be in the next 12 months. Never mind if others mock at your goals. You will get there or close enough to it...Good Luck.

Gentiger of Nairaland

Forms received by KCC :
2nd NL:
Police clearance:
Medicals:
Interview:
Visa pick up:
P.O.E:

Welcome and Congrats

Makiki, Is not late for her let her send her documents to Kcc at soon as possible and it will be processed and an interview date will be set for her. All Dv 2013 have up to Sept to send in their documents.

A word of advice for the guys who already made it to the States. Zip up. Keep off from women except you intend marriage. Be informed that most ladies in the US are not desperate to have you in bed because you are sexy and irresistible, but largely because they want to have a baby with you and you will end up paying child support for as long as the child is a minor, that way they don't get to work, you do all the works and pay her a monthly salary to support 'your' baby (Her needs). Be focused. Wisen up. Have a set goal of where to be in the next 12 months. Never mind if others mock at your goals. You will get there or close enough to it...Good Luck.

Gentiger of Nairaland

Caution well taken in. Thanks

She is not late. She should only give up if KCC tells her that. We knew we had won after a cool 8months. Don't give up.

New Guys 2014 follow these instructions

I found this note that was done by my friend last year and i think its inspirational and with a lot of wisdom.

Dv2012AFTAZ
Dv2012AFTAZ is offline No Captcha
Send a message via Yahoo to Dv2012AFTAZ Send a message via Skype™ to Dv2012AFTAZ

For the DV 2013 lucky ones and future entrants.

The DV is really an epic Journey and you guys start checking tomorrow I would have just completed my journey. A small piece of advice, divide the DV process mentally in 5 stages so it becomes more bearable.

Stage 1: (Early October)

Take proper Photographs, review the required details properly and double triple check your entry before submitting.
Keep your Confirmation number safe. Email it to your account and others print several hard copies. Print a pdf copy. Do what it takes not to lose it. The confirmation number is the one a most important thing you need throughout the DV process.
After this find ways not to think of this at all remember it’s a very small chance so hopes should not be too high. If it’s your destiny it will happen you have done your part by putting in a valid entry.

Stage 2: (May 1st)

Personally I checked on May 5th or something and was not selected. The site would be too busy on the first day so even if you do find yourself not selected try checking again in a week.
For me it was ok no problem it was not meant to be. Let’s move on and keep October next year in mind.
When I heard of the Redraw I was cool. Ok here comes another chance let’s see what happens. Even at this stage I still had my CN and thankfully DOS did email us in case we had destroyed it the first time round.
Rechecked on July 22nd and was very pleasantly surprised to know I was selected! It was only then that I got serious about the whole affair

Stage 3: (post May 1st)

A lot of us get crazy at this stage and rush like a bullet train to submit our DS forms and other requirements to KCC. I feel that is the biggest mistake. The interviews are still several months away even for those with low CN’s
My advice, print out the forms read them carefully enter the requirements with all the documents in hand take your time recheck several times you do not want to make a silly mistake her that may disqualify you!
When sure with your papers send it out by courier or any service that will provide you with a confirmation of delivery to KCC.
Now comes the hardest part, based on your CN number you will start receiving notifications of your interview date and this is the longest wait in the world for many of us.
Great source to know when you may expect an interview is the visa bulletin. Friends at this stage you are overwhelmed with emotion, stress and anxiety some of us need to wait close to and even over a year before our interview date!
Use this time to find the requirements change your lifestyle and START SAVING MONEY. You will need it both at the interview as well as when you move. For most of us moving there will not be a job waiting on a platter!

Stage 4: (The Interview based on CN number)

This is where I am at right now a day to go for my interview!
Most of us will get an email from noreply@... To check our status on ESC again. when you do so you will find that your congratulatory letter of selection dated May 1 has changed to a interview appointment letter. This will happen around 6 to 7 weeks before the actual interview and it means its now time to get your final act together.
It’s my personal advise that the Police clearance and medicals should be done only after this stage. Do medicals 2/12 weeks before interview and the PCC 3 to 3 !/2 weeks before. Of course check the lead times required in your country!
Recheck all your papers Birth certificate in Long form, Education details, marriage certificates etc. it’s all there on the Selectee notice for you. This is not hard!
Go to the interview prepared. Read posts and interview experiences from this forum. This forum is like family and has the best of information that you will never find on any other English website!

Stage 5: (post interview)

Hope to be here on May 2nd!
After a successful interview start planning you have at the most 6 months to make your first move! For some it may be less if the visa is linked to your Medicals!
There is wealth of options; most of us would have issues in moving quickly because winning the DV is gust like winning the lotto you only plan when you get it! On can make an activation trip and return for a few months wrap up things and go back. Others can obtain reentry permits and live another 2 years away…..
I hope I have put up a decent explanation of the journey for those who will be lucky tomorrow and I will be around to assist as I have been assisted by this amazing forum.

Admin is this going to be made sticky?

CN : 2012AF00045***
Entry Dated :17th Oct 2010
1st NL Received :22nd July 2011
Sent Forms to KCC :28th July 2011
DHL Confirm delivery : 01st August 2011
2nd NL : March 8 2012
PCC Country 1 & 2 : Done
Medicals : April 14 2012
Interview : May 1 2012 - Successful
Visa Pick-Up: May 3 2012
P.O.E : SFO CA .07/13
GC : August 3rd 2012
SSN Received : Aug 22 had to apply for it after 3 weeks
Re-Entry Permit : applied 17 July Bio-metrics 7th august

since u are already sorted with the civil certificate then you dont need to register again. The law clearly caters for either civil, customary, muhamadian or hindu marriage registration and u must register for only one. Ash registerd for customery, my 2 cents

Thanks Sol. I also think and was told that we cant register the same marriage twice, but i was just thinking since the customary date is what i reported in my forms i should make it more formal. I cant help but wonder.

Gentiger of Nairaland
Romans 12:1Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

New Guys 2014 follow these instructions

And for guys like Mama kiki,Nickelly,Karendi,KyleXy,Mashpol,Frank0 and Papasan are all in stage 5. For me this is the most emotionally torturous phase and we the humans beings, are constantly resistant to change. We get the fear of the unknown and moving out of your comfort zone. Surround yourself with positive energy and always remember, out of 14mil+ applicants your number was selected. Friends, this is what keeps me going and yearning for that relocation with an opportunity to my your life all over again. Be blessed, listen to your instincts and make wise decisions.