• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Congratulations! Your experience is an encouragement. By the way, about DHL registration I wonder if people from countries other than Kenya must necessarily register at DHL offices in Kenya. Is it possible to register at DHL offices in their countries? Those coming out of Kenya who have already been interviewed can help.

I asked the DHL office of Uganda and they told us that the passport delivery service is within Kenya only. Meaning you register for delivery within Kenya and then you authorize some one or a DHL staff (if they can agree) to receive it on your behalf and then repost it to your location. Am told they will need your passport copy and birth certs of the whole family (if you are a family). I will find out more from DHL Sarit Centre.

Umbet please follow Ash on the DHL issue, she will provide a solution to your problem soonest :D

We can't imagine this will come as too big of a surprise: Guess which state is the least stressed?:)

Yep. Hawaii.

Gallup quizzed people across the nation daily last year for its Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, asking whether they'd felt stress "a lot of the day yesterday." The data, just released this week, show that for 2012, Hawaiians were least likely to report having felt stress: Just 32.1 percent said yes, compared with 40.6 percent of Americans overall. Hawaiians were also the least stressed in 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008, when Gallup first started asking.

[Related on Yahoo! Homes: The most contented cities in America]

Hawaiians were also the most likely to have experienced enjoyment "a lot of the day yesterday": 89.7 percent of them said they had, compared with 84.9 percent of Americans overall.

Guess living in paradise will do that to you.

[Related on Yahoo! Homes: Where residents feel safest walking alone at night]

One surprise does emerge from the survey, though. As you'd expect, states that experienced the least stress also reported the most enjoyment, and states that were more stressed reported feeling less enjoyment ...

Except in Utah. Utah scored in the top five states for both stress and enjoyment. Gallup doesn't quite know what to make of that, other than that it suggests "a complex relationship between stress and other emotions." (What do you think explains this anomaly? Tell us in the comments.)

Here are the five most stressed-out states, as measured by the proportion of people who reported feeling stress "a lot of the day yesterday":

West Virginia, 47.1 percent

Rhode Island, 46.3 percent

Kentucky, 44.8 percent

Utah, 44.6 percent

Massachusetts, 43.4 percent

The five least stressed-out states:

Hawaii, 32.1 percent

Louisiana, 37.6 percent

Mississippi, 37.9 percent

Iowa, 38.1 percent

Wyoming, 38.6 percent

The five states that experienced the most enjoyment:

Hawaii, 89.7 percent

Wyoming, 88.8 percent

Utah, 88.7 percent

North Dakota, 87.9 percent

Idaho, 87.3 percent

The five states that experienced the least enjoyment:

Rhode Island, 80.4 percent

Kentucky, 81.3 percent

New Jersey, 82.0 percent

New York, 82.1 percent

West Virginia, 82.7 percent

Know The TSA Rules

3-1-1 Kits - Bags That Meet Carry On RulesCheck the TSA Website before you pack and leave for your flight. Knowing the procedures in advance will save you time and headaches. The TSA website has all of the information you need to get through security faster including lists of prohibited items, rules for carrying on liquids, tips for traveling with children, and information for travelers with special needs. Some of these guidelines include:

The 3-1-1 Rule: 3-1-1 is the name for the rule about carrying liquids on board airplanes. The rule covers ANY liquids including toiletries, drinks, and food. The only exceptions are medications, breast milk, baby formula, juice, and other liquids necessary for travelers with children and travelers with medical conditions and in such cases, the items must be declared for inspection at the checkpoint. The 3-1-1 rule states that you can carry 3 ounce or smaller containers of liquid or gel in a 1 quarter-size clear plastic zip-top bag, and only 1 bag per traveler. The bag must be placed in the security bin (not packed in your carry-on luggage. See our collection of 3-1-1 Kits that meet these TSA guidelines. Many toiletries these days come in travel sizes that meet the 3 oz. requirements. Want to fill your own containers? Lewis N. Clark has a line of containers called GoToobs that are designed just for that purpose.

Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Bags: For business travelers and other passengers who carry their computers on board planes, the rules state that you must remove the laptop from the bag and place in security bins separately. The only exception is when a checkpoint friendly laptop bag is used. Not all laptop bags are checkpoint friendly so make sure your bag meets these guidelines (even if the company claims it is checkpoint friendly): 1) bag has a designated laptop-only section 2) The laptop-only section unfolds completely to lie flat on the X-ray belt 3) There are no metal snaps, zippers, or buckles on top, inside, or underneath the laptop-only section 4) No pockets on the inside or outside of the laptop only section 5) Nothing packing in the laptop-only section other than the computer itself.

Prohibited and Permitted Items: Packing for your trip and not sure what you can and cannot carry on-board? Be sure to check out the TSA website’s page for Prohibited and Permitted Items.

Dimensions of Carry-On Luggage

Passengers on American Airlines are limited to one carry-on bag plus a personal item on all flights. All carry-on luggage needs to be able to fit in sizers that are located by American Airline desks and must not exceed 45 inches in overall dimensions (sum of length, width and height). Luggage cannot exceed 22 inches long, 14 inches wide and nine inches tall. All carry on luggage must fit into the overhead compartments of airplanes.
Carry On Luggage Restrictions

American Airlines may limit the amount of carry-on luggage on flights due to the aircraft's stowage capacity. Limits on carry-on bags may also be placed into effect after the boarding process has begun at the departing gate.

Liquids in Carry-On Luggage

Passengers who travel with carry-on luggage need to put all liquids in individual containers that are no more than 3.4 ounces, or 100 ml each. All liquids which exceed those sizes must be placed with checked-in luggage. The containers must be in a sealed translucent plastic bag and ready for security to search.
Items Not Allowed in Carry On Luggage

Cutting instruments, ammunition, firearms and liquids that are flammable are prohibited in carry-on luggage, as well as hammers, drills and some forms of alcohol.

Read more: Size of Carry on Luggage for American Airlines | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7470481_size-carry-luggage-american-airlines.html#ixzz2RaUJUjeg

Know The TSA Rules

3-1-1 Kits - Bags That Meet Carry On RulesCheck the TSA Website before you pack and leave for your flight. Knowing the procedures in advance will save you time and headaches. The TSA website has all of the information you need to get through security faster including lists of prohibited items, rules for carrying on liquids, tips for traveling with children, and information for travelers with special needs. Some of these guidelines include:

The 3-1-1 Rule: 3-1-1 is the name for the rule about carrying liquids on board airplanes. The rule covers ANY liquids including toiletries, drinks, and food. The only exceptions are medications, breast milk, baby formula, juice, and other liquids necessary for travelers with children and travelers with medical conditions and in such cases, the items must be declared for inspection at the checkpoint. The 3-1-1 rule states that you can carry 3 ounce or smaller containers of liquid or gel in a 1 quarter-size clear plastic zip-top bag, and only 1 bag per traveler. The bag must be placed in the security bin (not packed in your carry-on luggage. See our collection of 3-1-1 Kits that meet these TSA guidelines. Many toiletries these days come in travel sizes that meet the 3 oz. requirements. Want to fill your own containers? Lewis N. Clark has a line of containers called GoToobs that are designed just for that purpose.

Checkpoint Friendly Laptop Bags: For business travelers and other passengers who carry their computers on board planes, the rules state that you must remove the laptop from the bag and place in security bins separately. The only exception is when a checkpoint friendly laptop bag is used. Not all laptop bags are checkpoint friendly so make sure your bag meets these guidelines (even if the company claims it is checkpoint friendly): 1) bag has a designated laptop-only section 2) The laptop-only section unfolds completely to lie flat on the X-ray belt 3) There are no metal snaps, zippers, or buckles on top, inside, or underneath the laptop-only section 4) No pockets on the inside or outside of the laptop only section 5) Nothing packing in the laptop-only section other than the computer itself.

Prohibited and Permitted Items: Packing for your trip and not sure what you can and cannot carry on-board? Be sure to check out the TSA website’s page for Prohibited and Permitted Items.

Dimensions of Carry-On Luggage

Passengers on American Airlines are limited to one carry-on bag plus a personal item on all flights. All carry-on luggage needs to be able to fit in sizers that are located by American Airline desks and must not exceed 45 inches in overall dimensions (sum of length, width and height). Luggage cannot exceed 22 inches long, 14 inches wide and nine inches tall. All carry on luggage must fit into the overhead compartments of airplanes.
Carry On Luggage Restrictions

American Airlines may limit the amount of carry-on luggage on flights due to the aircraft's stowage capacity. Limits on carry-on bags may also be placed into effect after the boarding process has begun at the departing gate.

Liquids in Carry-On Luggage

Passengers who travel with carry-on luggage need to put all liquids in individual containers that are no more than 3.4 ounces, or 100 ml each. All liquids which exceed those sizes must be placed with checked-in luggage. The containers must be in a sealed translucent plastic bag and ready for security to search.
Items Not Allowed in Carry On Luggage

Cutting instruments, ammunition, firearms and liquids that are flammable are prohibited in carry-on luggage, as well as hammers, drills and some forms of alcohol.

Read more: Size of Carry on Luggage for American Airlines | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7470481_size-carry-luggage-american-airlines.html#ixzz2RaUJUjeg

Thanks Nickely, useful info especially for first time travellers.

Umbet please follow Ash on the DHL issue, she will provide a solution to your problem soonest :D

Umbet its true u can only register at DHL in Kenya to recieve your parcel frm the Embassy. U might consider to wait in Nairobi for about 3 days after interview or have it reposted to your preffered location. For my case i will wait paka last until i leave with all my documents.

I like your spirit Solwach. Keep it up.
Umbet its true u can only register at DHL in Kenya to recieve your parcel frm the Embassy. U might consider to wait in Nairobi for about 3 days after interview or have it reposted to your preffered location. For my case i will wait paka last until i leave with all my documents.

You are welcome to this great forum Jmigwi. And to all the new members, you are welcome. I met a DV guy at IOM who had never heard of the forum. He is from Kenya. He is an Engineer. His interview is also in May.
Hi,

Thanks guys, i appreciate. I'm from Kenya, Nairobi.

Just waiting patiently, just be confident and ask God to go before you. I've been there before and got a visitors visa, spent 1 year in the states and came back after my time was up so i didn't get out of status. I won the greencard and here i am. Praying that all will go according to Gods will.

DV2013AF00035XXX
Entry Checked: 01.05.2012
Forms sent to KCC: 15.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via phone
Medicals: 06.05.2013
2nd NL: RECEIVED 12.03.13
Police :RECEIVED 05.04.13
Interview: May
P.O.E:Columbus, OH

You are welcome to this great forum Jmigwi. And to all the new members, you are welcome. I met a DV guy at IOM who had never heard of the forum. He is from Kenya. He is an Engineer. His interview is also in May.

True many DV selectees dont know about this not so hidden treasure, if you use internet and intrested in googling info, chances are that you will end up here. Thats why the number of guests is high.

Thanks, Solwach. I will wait for the documents. It would be less wise to have them reposted.

Any clues on PROCESS of acquiring/renting an apartmant in USA? What amenities are usually prefited b4 u move in?

i have this dream of joing the army tried joining the kenyan one in vain applied online to join the british army still waiting and now i have ths golden opp to go to Us...... fingers clossed

Go for it....never spend your time doing what you enjoy as a hobby, pursue it as a career.....start getting ready and if your below 30yrs explore the option of joining the marine,air force or navy. If traveling is your thing, navy will be the bomb for you.
There is so much info online to get you ready and help you join the forces. Go for it if its your thing.

Go for it....never spend your time doing what you enjoy as a hobby, pursue it as a career.....start getting ready and if your below 30yrs explore the option of joining the marine,air force or navy. If traveling is your thing, navy will be the bomb for you.
There is so much info online to get you ready and help you join the forces. Go for it if its your thing.

What is the threshold on age for joining the army?

Any clues on PROCESS of acquiring/renting an apartmant in USA? What amenities are usually prefited b4 u move in?

Where we are heading to these are the
Apartment Amenities
  • Abundant Closets and Storage Spaces
  • Arched Windows on all Third Floor Homes
  • Built-in Computer Desk
  • Built-in Entertainment Centers
  • Ceiling Fans with Light Kits in Bedrooms and Living Area
  • Ceramic Tile Entries and Kitchen Floors
  • Cut Pile-Berber Carpet
  • Decorative Light Fixtures
  • Designer Coordinated Interiors
  • Designer Maple Cabinetry with Glass Door Fronts
  • Double-Sided, Stainless-Steel Sinks with Sprayer / Disposal
  • Entry Coat Closet
  • French Doors to Patio / Balcony
  • Frost Free Refrigerator with Automatic Icemaker
  • Full Size Washer and Dryer in Every Apartment Home
  • Generous Linen and Pantry Storage
  • High-Definition Cable TV/ DVR Access Option Available
  • High-Speed 1.0 - 18.0 Mbps Internet Access Options Available
  • Keyless Deadbolt Lock with Viewer
  • Luxurious Garden Tubs
  • Microwaves
  • Multi-Cycle Dishwasher
  • Multiple Phone Lines and Dual Phone Jacks
  • Nine-Foot Ceiling with Crown Molding
  • Self-Cleaning Ovens
  • Tiled Back Splash
  • Woodburning Fireplace with Mantle
The person who will host you will sign for you the lease. The apartments have 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with other Community amenities as well like Resort-Style Swimming Pool with Spa, State-of-the-Art Fitness Center, Detached Garages, playground for kids, Multi Sports Court, Outdoor Grilling Area, Sand Volleyball Court, Men and Womens Personal Locker Rooms with Showers and Resident Social Activities

Greetings to all on the forum.

A few days back I was reading through the posts like I always do and came across Mama’s cry about those people who regularly read the forum but never pass by even to just say a word of gratitude. That post really got my eye and made me come to realize how selfish of me have been for I read this forum almost every day than I do with FB. But before I pass on my appreciation allow me to first introduce myself officially. I am called SHABBY from the pearl of Africa. I prefer calling myself a DV2014-winner to DV2014-Hopeful and this the first time I am playing. I believe it came at the right time when am finishing up with my degree. The reason I call myself a DV2014-winner is pretty simple and someone just guessed it right, it is coz am of the forum of winners and I am a winner in Christ. For HE says ‘ask and you will be given, seek and you will find’ I am not good at scriptures so I will just leave that for Nickelly to correct me. By-the-way thanks for those daily inspirational verses they are so encouraging. I started following the forum late last year when the Ugandan 2013winners Forum was merged with this one. I have been here all this time from when the first Visa was granted and shall still be here until Obeezy gets his/her visa. I have also failed to really know if he/she is a man/woman. Come May 1st I shall only check to just get my CN number coz I am a winner already in Christ’s name. Let me hear an Amen to that. I think that’s
enough with the introduction but it is not my first time posting here.

So back to the reason am writing this and that was to pass my appreciation to all the forum members for your posts they have helped me learn a lot about the DV and the American dream. The experiences, questions and answers woooow I bet I can now answer anything about the DV. Gratitude Gratitude Gratitude, “mwebale mwebale nyo ndala” Ash** shall help translate that.

To the DV2014 hopeful….Oops I mean winners. We shall be selected come May 1st for we are winners in Christ and we are on a forum of winners.

shabby .ug

I have been here all this time from when the first Visa was granted and shall still be here until Obeezy gets his/her visa.
Tuko pamoja:p:p.

I have also failed to really know if he/she is a man/woman.
LOLest..smh:p:p.

Let me hear an Amen to that
Amen...

To the DV2014 hopeful….Oops I mean winners. We shall be selected come May 1st for we are winners in Christ and we are on a forum of winners.
All the best...3 days to goo....

Cheers.

Guys going for Interview
Psalm 46:1-3:
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.”
Prayer Points

1.This week, my God shall ARISE and be my REFUGE and VERY PRESENT HELP in every trouble and problems which I am going through in Jesus name.
2.This week, I shall arise and by the power in the blood of Jesus, I silence every roaring waters threatening my favour and breakthroughs! in the name of Jesus.
3.This week, I receive the armor of light and utterly destroy the bow, the spear and the chariot of darkness assigned against me and my family!!! in the name of Jesus.
4.I make no provision for the flesh, therefore, anything hiding under my flesh in order to derail my breakthrough this week: be flushed by fire and die! in Jesus name.
5.You the pregnancy of fear waiting to be born in this week of my breakthroughs, hear the voice violent faith: wither by fire!!! in the name of Jesus.
6.Mountain of impossibility mocking my destiny, your time is up: receive tribulation, expire and catch fire! in the name of Jesus.
Rivers of joy and gladness flowing round the throne of God, flow down unstoppably like a contagious stream into my life this week and wash away all my sorrows and burdens in Jesus name.
6.Rivers of holiness flowing round the tabernacle of the Most High, flow down into my life this week, carry me from the obscured prison of sin, and establish me as holy city set upon a shinning hill, in the name of Jesus.
7.I release prophetic fire and declare that this shall be my week of divine help, and that help shall come right early by fire in the name of Jesus.
All the Best :)

Infinite likes...:):)