• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Where is Obeezyby....... missing you:)You promised to appear once that you will be appearing twice per week what happened:p

FROM NAIRALAND: (For those who might be interested)

femsoj: I signed my 8years contract with the US army yesterday(4 yeas as an active member and the remaining 4 years as a reserve member) . To those having it in mind of joining the US army, there are so many advantages in it. Most people's fear is that they might be deploy to the battle field,but one thing about the US army is that you already know the job you will be trained for before signing your contract. Those people given infantry (combat job) are the only one that will be trained in fighting at the war front. You have the right to pick the job you want to do in the army, so far you meet the cut off mark for that job in their entrant exam (ASVAB test) . BENEFITS : You will become a US citizen within 3 - 6 month of joining the army (I.e, within the period you are in the basic and advance training) . Up to 53,200dollars has tuition fee, if you wish to go back to school. There is something they also called GI bill. This is the money they will be giving to you after leaving the military to further your education has well and the benefit can also be transfer to your spouse or children(for you to qualify for this benefit, they will be deducting 100dollars on your salary every month while you are still in active duty) . Other benefits: there is no need of thinking about paying for house rent, they are the one responsible for your accommodation and feeding. I'll be going for my basic training for 9weeks in may at South Carolina and for my advance training for another 7weeks at Virgina. For more information on how to join the US army and the benefits in it, you can visit :www.goarmy.com

If i was a young man i could consider this than going for CNA classes :p :p WHY because you are housed, fed, and you can further studies while you are in the army. Infact you can train to become their Doctor, Engineer, Aeroplane Repair, or anything good out of the opportunity. To top it up you become a citizen after a short period. Young people think about it :D :D

There are currently 44 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 43 guests)
MaKiki

Papasan these your children are hiding ooooooooooooooooo

I can see the number of forumites is growing, the new guys are lucky all info has been provided for smooth all the way..welcome and please if you have anything to share which is valuable please help a brother/sister.most welcome!

The new babes I hope you will keep the forum alive,once we cross over,tyme and access to the net will be limited,therefore enjoy this tyme while it last ok:p

If i was a young man i could consider this than going for CNA classes :p :p WHY because you are housed, fed, and you can further studies while you are in the army. Infact you can train to become their Doctor, Engineer, Aeroplane Repair, or anything good out of the opportunity. To top it up you become a citizen after a short period. Young people think about it :D :D
Just imagine am under 18 and have joined the army Makiki age is just a number:p:p

i have this dream of joing the army tried joining the kenyan one in vain applied online to join the british army still waiting and now i have ths golden opp to go to Us...... fingers clossed

i have this dream of joing the army tried joining the kenyan one in vain applied online to join the british army still waiting and now i have ths golden opp to go to Us...... fingers clossed
Your fingers are clossed :p indeed just be confident you will join and become a US Citizen in 6 Months even better maze if you are single your life will be so smooth free food, free clothing, housing, etc and free citizenship kikikikikiki :D

Your fingers are clossed :p indeed just be confident you will join and become a US Citizen in 6 Months even better maze if you are single your life will be so smooth free food, free clothing, housing, etc and free citizenship kikikikikiki :D
continue Keeping them clossed..all shall be well:D..

Urgent

House of WINNERs,,,,,, There is this friend of mine who was supposed to do her interview on 9th April but unfortunately this date was made a public holiday bila notice. So she was called from the Consulate office and was told to go for her interview on 26th April which is today, She went there and was turned down coz FRIDAYs the Consulate Office doesnt conduct interviews. The security lady called the office and was instructed to give her some number to call and book another appointment. This number that she was given is NOT going through and she is worried on what to do. Please Help a sister with your few cents so that she can gather herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

am thinking about it

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum, a good job you're doing here. My interview is in May.

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX
Entry Checked: 01.05.2012
Forms sent to KCC: 15.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via phone
Medicals: 06.05.2013
2nd NL: RECEIVED 12.03.13
Police :RECEIVED 05.04.13
Interview: May
P.O.E:Columbus, OH

karibu sana

How to schedule or reschedule an appointment

HOW TO SCHEDULE OR RESCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT

IV Applicant needing to schedule or reschedule an appointment

If you need to schedule/reschedule an appointment, please review the instructions below;

Visit the following website http://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/login

• Click on Login
  • Confirm that you have read the disclaimer information you will be taken to a page where you can enter your passport number, date of birth and nationality (country that issued your passport).
  • Once you've entered that information you will be taken to an Applicant Summary page.
  • Select "Schedule Appointment."
  • Select the appropriate trip purpose, then select from the following as indicated in your letter:
>>>>>>>Scheduled by NVC --> Register for Courier, or
>>>>>>>Schedule by NVC --> Schedule New Appointment, or
>>>>>>>Consulate has Asked You to Schedule

• Select the consular location at which your appointment has been scheduled, and click in the box on the Authorized to Schedule page
  • Select your DHL pickup location.
  • Enter your applicant’s information. Click "Submit."
  • Add family members and repeat as needed.
  • Click "Continue" on the Applicant and Family Summary page.
  • Select date and time of appointment(s).
  • Confirm each appointment.
  • Review appointment confirmation and applicant information.

I will advice you to follow the above since that phone call isnt going through and when you get to your purpose of Rescheduling please click on "Consulate has Asked You to Schedule" since they are the ones who called you and gave you a wrong date and also asked you to reschedule. This will HELP coz at this time we are in the last months and rescheduling is not GUARANTEED but if its their request you'll be favoured.

My two cents :D :D :D for you sister

Last edited by a moderator:

Wish I could join too, but am too skinny :-(

House of WINNERs,,,,,, There is this friend of mine who was supposed to do her interview on 9th April but unfortunately this date was made a public holiday bila notice. So she was called from the Consulate office and was told to go for her interview on 26th April which is today, She went there and was turned down coz FRIDAYs the Consulate Office doesnt conduct interviews. The security lady called the office and was instructed to give her some number to call and book another appointment. This number that she was given is NOT going through and she is worried on what to do. Please Help a sister with your few cents so that she can gather herself.

Wololo...this is not funny. I guess your instructions below might be of help but i feel the frustrations, prayers kibao. Talking of frustrations, remember my buddy who went for an interview and was told to tell KNEC to send her certificate?
Well, KNEC told her wametuma...only for the long waited call from the embassy that never came.
Jana she calls the embassy and they tell her they have never received the certificate....and KNEC insisted they sent the cert. Now, what to do....vat to do?

the second letter has contacts for the Embassy

Wololo...this is not funny. I guess your instructions below might be of help but i feel the frustrations, prayers kibao. Talking of frustrations, remember my buddy who went for an interview and was told to tell KNEC to send her certificate?
Well, KNEC told her wametuma...only for the long waited call from the embassy that never came.
Jana she calls the embassy and they tell her they have never received the certificate....and KNEC insisted they sent the cert. Now, what to do....vat to do?

I dont know what next ooooooooooo she should go to that KNEC and see if they really signed off letters that were sent ama ni mchezo tu

In the 2nd NL,there are embassy contacts..Tell her to try calling the numbers.Its really stressing when you've given something ur best shots then you face disappointments.Giving up should not be in her encyclopedia..God is for her.She should press on and hold on to the faith..Revelation 3.7

the second letter has contacts for the Embassy
2ND LETTER LOOKS LIKE THIS

U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Banner Entrant Status Check

Help

|
DoS Letterhead Seal United States Department of State
Kentucky Consular Center
3505 North Highway 25W
Williamsburg, KY 40769
U.S.A
February 21, 2013

Bar Code
XXXXXXXXXXXX
P.O. BOX XXXXXXX
NAIROBI 00100
KENYA

Dear DV Applicant,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2013 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for the applicant at the stated location. The applicant and all members of the family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

The applicant and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2013 visa by September 30, 2013, your registration will expire. Applicant and family members cannot be issued a diversity visa or accompany you or join you in the United States under DV-2013 program after September 30, 2013.

Please follow instructions provided in step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in the preparation for your interview. The Diversity Lottery Fee for each member of the family must be paid before the visa interview and is non-refundable if the visa is refused.

Interview Appointment

NAIROBI
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES
Consular Section
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
PO BOX 606 Village Market
NAIROBI
KENYA
(254)(0)20 375 3705
April XX,XXXX 08:00 AM

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to the applicants’ name and case number exactly as they appear below.
Case Number: 2013AFXXXXXX
Principal Applicant Name: XXXXXXXXX
Preference Category: DV DIVERSITY
Foreign State Chargeability: KENYA

If documents are listed below as incomplete, please present the completed documents at the time of interview.
Case Number: 2013XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Applicant Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Beneficiaries: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX