• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I thank God we completed our medicals successfully yesterday.We the adults got 4 jabs each and they are MMR, Td, Varicella and influenza. The kids aged 6 and 3 got only 2 jabs each (IPV and Dtap) and the & 1 year old got 6 jabs (Dtap, IPV, MMR, Hepatitis A, Varicella and Influenza). The 6 and 3 year old had already got some jabs from Uganda (varicella, influenza, MMR and pneumococcal).

For those planning to get jabs before medicals, please do the jabs within a month or a few days to the medicals otherwise you will have to repeat them.

NAIROBI
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES
Consular Section
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri
PO BOX 606 Village Market
NAIROBI
KENYA
(254)(0)20 375 3705

The number doesnt go thru but let her keep on trying coz they are all in answering machines,,,,,, press this,,,,,, for this press that,,,, and blah blah blah anyway thank you all

Yo welcome. The waiting is quite annoying. you need to carry a book to read. You can imagine the kids getting so tired and bored and you have no option but to wait.
Wow, thanks for the update. I can imagine you back and forth with your brood. The long waiting cant be good on the kids.

I thank God we completed our medicals successfully yesterday.We the adults got 4 jabs each and they are MMR, Td, Varicella and influenza. The kids aged 6 and 3 got only 2 jabs each (IPV and Dtap) and the & 1 year old got 6 jabs (Dtap, IPV, MMR, Hepatitis A, Varicella and Influenza). The 6 and 3 year old had already got some jabs from Uganda (varicella, influenza, MMR and pneumococcal).

For those planning to get jabs before medicals, please do the jabs within a month or a few days to the medicals otherwise you will have to repeat them.

Thanks Ash for the update. Tuesday it is. will pray for you. So its like you are on holiday now, huh?

Welcome to the family n feel at home thanks for joining kindly tell us where u are from.
Hi,

Thanks guys, i appreciate. I'm from Kenya, Nairobi.

Just waiting patiently, just be confident and ask God to go before you. I've been there before and got a visitors visa, spent 1 year in the states and came back after my time was up so i didn't get out of status. I won the greencard and here i am. Praying that all will go according to Gods will.

DV2013AF00035XXX
Entry Checked: 01.05.2012
Forms sent to KCC: 15.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via phone
Medicals: 06.05.2013
2nd NL: RECEIVED 12.03.13
Police :RECEIVED 05.04.13
Interview: May
P.O.E:Columbus, OH

House of WINNERs,,,,,, There is this friend of mine who was supposed to do her interview on 9th April but unfortunately this date was made a public holiday bila notice. So she was called from the Consulate office and was told to go for her interview on 26th April which is today, She went there and was turned down coz FRIDAYs the Consulate Office doesnt conduct interviews. The security lady called the office and was instructed to give her some number to call and book another appointment. This number that she was given is NOT going through and she is worried on what to do. Please Help a sister with your few cents so that she can gather herself.

she should go back on monday,most probably she will be given another interview date,i dont think she will be turned away..i read somewhere on fridays the embassy work half day..she should not loose hope

Hi,

Just waiting patiently, just be confident and ask God to go before you. I've been there before and got a visitors visa, spent 1 year in the states and came back after my time was up so i didn't get out of status. I won the greencard and here i am. Praying that all will go according to Gods will.
H
R u Male or Female,do u have a family ?:)

Yo welcome. The waiting is quite annoying. you need to carry a book to read. You can imagine the kids getting so tired and bored and you have no option but to wait.
I can imagine,no toys no TV don't worry you r almost completing the Journey:)

The number doesnt go thru but let her keep on trying coz they are all in answering machines,,,,,, press this,,,,,, for this press that,,,, and blah blah blah anyway thank you all
She should call on Monday,we cancel the spirit of almost there in Jesus name.

Hey Karendi, I asked the IOM guys about the immunization expiry. They said you can can either do it from here or from the US. It does not affect your POE grand entry as long as the certificate itself is still valid.

Yo welcome. Am on a holiday my friend. Am having a blast. The kids are enjoying their stay, what more can I ask for?

Tuesday is ok. You will be asked to go back on friday. They work only up to 2 pm on friday and therefore they book few people.

Thanks Ash for the update. Tuesday it is. will pray for you. So its like you are on holiday now, huh?

Hey Karendi, I asked the IOM guys about the immunization expiry. They said you can can either do it from here or from the US. It does not affect your POE grand entry as long as the certificate itself is still valid.
I thought they were checking on the expiring of the visa,please elaborate on this :)

Some jabs are done in intervals of a month or two before you get the 2nd dose. The 1st dose can expire while you are still around meaning you are due for the next dose. So the IOM said you can get the second dose from them or from the US.
I thought they were checking on the expiring of the visa,please elaborate on this :)

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum, a good job you're doing here. My interview is in May.

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX

You are welcome to the house of winners, The visa is yours go with Lord.

you may need to get a temporary document depending on how easy it is to get one in your country. In Uganda its easy. Just about 15 dollars to get one.
I've been seeking how to reduce the days of stay in Nairobi and the costs (parents & 3 kids); but you're right, as they still have the passport after the interview, one must wait to get it back before leaving.

I asked the DHL office of Uganda and they told us that the passport delivery service is within Kenya only. Meaning you register for delivery within Kenya and then you authorize some one or a DHL staff (if they can agree) to receive it on your behalf and then repost it to your location. Am told they will need your passport copy and birth certs of the whole family (if you are a family). I will find out more from DHL Sarit Centre.
Thanks, on DHL registration in other countries. Am afraid I might not know the answer to that. Please check out the registration website http://usvisa-info.com/en-KE/selfservice/login to confirm.
All the best

Hi,

JMigwi, that was nice of you to come back before it expires. If it was some guy from my village up to now they could still be hiding and when they get selected they think its easy to get that visa only to be denied because they over stayed which is illegal.

About your signature have you tried to edit it from the Forum Actions? Instead of writing it everytime you post a comment or question why dont you scroll to the TOP then click on the Forum Action then Edit Profile and on your left go to My Settings and click on Edit Signature. this is where you will write down the following:

DV2013AF00035XXX

I wish you the best and now you will be given a Permanent Resident Status Not Visitors :D :D