• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hi guys,

I'm new in this forum, a good job you're doing here. My interview is in May.

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX
Entry Checked: 01.05.2012
Forms sent to KCC: 15.05.2012
Confirmed by KCC via phone
Medicals: 06.05.2013
2nd NL: RECEIVED 12.03.13
Police :RECEIVED 05.04.13
Interview: May
P.O.E:Columbus, OH

Hi guys,

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX

Welcome to the house of winners and all the best as you go for your interview...

I can see the number of forumites is growing, the new guys are lucky all info has been provided for smooth all the way..welcome and please if you have anything to share which is valuable please help a brother/sister.most welcome!

Yes Catchme. Day one was quite hectic. We were told that mondays were the most busy days. We were there by 7 am but we were number 84. The number machine wasn't working so we were called by name after handing over our passports and 2NLs to the receptionist. Remember to make 3 copies of your 2NL coz its needed at IOM, Nairobi Hospital and at the Embassy. There is a free photocopier at IOM for emergency.

The first thing we did was counselling (after waiting for a long time) then assessment of fees payment from the vaccination room, then payment at the cashiers window, thereafter they took our blood (adults) then TB test for kids. We then left for Nairobi Hospital for the x-ray. There was another long line.
The IOM guys were telling people to either go for x-ray first then come back and pay later or do the payment first. Pse make your payment before going to Nairobi hospital because they will ask you for the receipt at the hospital.
After xray you are free to go home or back to IOM if you left your car there.

Wow, thanks for the update. I can imagine you back and forth with your brood. The long waiting cant be good on the kids.

Congratulations! Your experience is an encouragement. By the way, about DHL registration I wonder if people from countries other than Kenya must necessarily register at DHL offices in Kenya. Is it possible to register at DHL offices in their countries? Those coming out of Kenya who have already been interviewed can help.

But dont you need the passport to travel back to your country, remember at this point they still have your passport. I would also like to know how to travel back minus passport and save on those 5 days of waiting.

Hi guys,

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX

I wish the very best in your coming interview, that visa will be granted to you. Collect all the required documents and wait confidently.

I can see the number of forumites is growing, the new guys are lucky all info has been provided for smooth all the way..welcome and please if you have anything to share which is valuable please help a brother/sister.most welcome!

Thank you Papasan, without you this forum could not be existing. The number is growing Bigger you are a proud father you decided NOT to use family planning :p

Hi guys,

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX

Welcome to the family n feel at home thanks for joining kindly tell us where u are from.

Wow...house of winners. Visa granted. I am so humbled by what God has done.
You have been the best family on earth. Thanks to everyone.
I will post the experience kesho...I must sleep somehow.
Thanks everyone, am speechless!!

Congrats dear, Glory be to God.I tape from your blessings

Hi guys,

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX

Most welcome. All the best Jmigwi :) This is the house of winners.

CHEGE I am wishing you success tomorrow please go there confidently and it will be granted to you, the VISA is yours IJN. Tomorrow you will post a successful story here because this is a House of Winners.

Thanks Makiki for reminding us about Chege, wish him all the best and sure, sure he has no choice but to get this visa. Its a house of winners.

Hi guys,

God Bless

DV2013AF00035XXX

Karibu sana Migwi, visa ni yako IJN. Keep us posted on your interview date, tukuombee.

Thanks to you Papa, and as Makiki said; do not even think of using family planning skills we love the nos. (GRIN)

But dont you need the passport to travel back to your country, remember at this point they still have your passport. I would also like to know how to travel back minus passport and save on those 5 days of waiting.

I think all countries register for the passport. However I have noticed its not a 5 day wait as I received an email last night telling me to pick up the visa...blah...blah...so how about you register in a Kenyan DHL then pick up your visa after like three days and travel back to Uganda with your passport? Huh?
Just my piece meal advice, i stand to be corrected.

FROM NAIRALAND: (For those who might be interested)

femsoj: I signed my 8years contract with the US army yesterday(4 yeas as an active member and the remaining 4 years as a reserve member) . To those having it in mind of joining the US army, there are so many advantages in it. Most people's fear is that they might be deploy to the battle field,but one thing about the US army is that you already know the job you will be trained for before signing your contract. Those people given infantry (combat job) are the only one that will be trained in fighting at the war front. You have the right to pick the job you want to do in the army, so far you meet the cut off mark for that job in their entrant exam (ASVAB test) . BENEFITS : You will become a US citizen within 3 - 6 month of joining the army (I.e, within the period you are in the basic and advance training) . Up to 53,200dollars has tuition fee, if you wish to go back to school. There is something they also called GI bill. This is the money they will be giving to you after leaving the military to further your education has well and the benefit can also be transfer to your spouse or children(for you to qualify for this benefit, they will be deducting 100dollars on your salary every month while you are still in active duty) . Other benefits: there is no need of thinking about paying for house rent, they are the one responsible for your accommodation and feeding. I'll be going for my basic training for 9weeks in may at South Carolina and for my advance training for another 7weeks at Virgina. For more information on how to join the US army and the benefits in it, you can visit :www.goarmy.com

Today's devotion

Acts 10:34-35:

"Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that fears him,and works righteousness, is accepted with him.":)

I've been seeking how to reduce the days of stay in Nairobi and the costs (parents & 3 kids); but you're right, as they still have the passport after the interview, one must wait to get it back before leaving.