• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Mzee1917, am so happy for you....hope our up coming interviews will be a walk over like yours:( what was your highest qualification? tell us about the KCSE mean grade requirement

my highest qualification is an undergraduate degree

at the embassy there are two security checks the 1st one they ask for your passport and interview letter then a routine check.
at the 2nd gate they ask for passport and letter then you pass thru those full body scanner checking for any metallic objects, they keep ur phone and then you proceed to the interview area.
next you pick a number they take ur passport, police cert, birth cert, interview letter, finger prints and then you pay at the cashiers.
then you wait to be called by the CO. by the time the CO calls s/he has gone thru your forms the ones that you sent to KCC.
for the grades i wasnt asked anything i had a B KCSE

at the embassy there are two security checks the 1st one they ask for your passport and interview letter then a routine check.
at the 2nd gate they ask for passport and letter then you pass thru those full body scanner checking for any metallic objects, they keep ur phone and then you proceed to the interview area.
next you pick a number they take ur passport, police cert, birth cert, interview letter, finger prints and then you pay at the cashiers.
then you wait to be called by the CO. by the time the CO calls s/he has gone thru your forms the ones that you sent to KCC.
Thatz great...............Yu was nice

I need somebody to explain how to servive on arrival to states until when i get stable job.remember the host will provide minimal lets say shelter and its for a while.

Jarms, you need to have some money of your own. Its only fair on you and your host to do that. My host has offered us a up to a year but i don't want to even stay a month. I hate to impose, these things have a way of ruining relationships. Try and save a lot so that you can contribute on payments for bills, gas etc.

I'd like to firstly thank God and all who wished me success today during my interview. yes i was successful i got the visa.
I had an appointment today at 8 and after the security checks, fingerprints, payment visa fees $330=kSH 28,050
i was called for the interview which was very brief the guy asked me two questions
1. are you married - No
2.do yo have any kids-no
that was the end of my interview took less than a minute.

thank you all for your prayers and may you also be successful

Wow, Mzee, congratulations. It's all over just like that. Good gracious Lord, bless us all.

Oh and thank you for coming to tell us so soon.

for those going for the interview its normal to have butterflies and by the way today me, 3 single chicks and one couple who were ahead of me got their visas and none of them knew anything about this site so dont be scared if they all made it without all the info available here then for someone who is a member it will be a walk over as long as your docs are ok. Jah bless

Congrats man................wish us well too.

Congrats

Congrats sana

I'd like to firstly thank God and all who wished me success today during my interview. yes i was successful i got the visa.
I had an appointment today at 8 and after the security checks, fingerprints, payment visa fees $330=kSH 28,050
i was called for the interview which was very brief the guy asked me two questions
1. are you married - No
2.do yo have any kids-no
that was the end of my interview took less than a minute.

thank you all for your prayers and may you also be successful

Cooooongs Mzee! Am so happy that you made it! Thats a good start for us on this forum.

Jarms, you need to have some money of your own. Its only fair on you and your host to do that. My host has offered us a up to a year but i don't want to even stay a month. I hate to impose, these things have a way of ruining relationships. Try and save a lot so that you can contribute on payments for bills, gas etc.

That is very true. Sometimes your host might not tell you but when they are actually not happy with your prolonged stay without any meaningful contribution in their house. Even your sibling can sometimes get irritated.

congrats Mzee. and wankin ur our next guinea pig!

and av noticed we are increasing as the days go...... the more the merrier! ama?

congrat, is there a form you completed first before giving out the documents where they had mentioned about the grades

Welcome to this family Marto. Please attach your signature to your mail so that we can know your progress since you won the lottery.

I hope y'all are doing well. Welcome on board towards this great pursuit of a better life. It's great you found this site as it will make you life reasonably easy. Most of the queries that you may have have been answered on the 2011 and 2012 threads. Things are changing though so you will still need this thread. The only notable thing I've seen is reduction of visa fees from $819 to $330, the bar has also been raised with regards to k.c.s.e from a minimum of D to C plain. For those who've not met don't despair rather prepare to qualify through work experience. All the best people.

thank you. what about the cost for medical examination?