• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

I'd like to firstly thank God and all who wished me success today during my interview. yes i was successful i got the visa.
I had an appointment today at 8 and after the security checks, fingerprints, payment visa fees $330=kSH 28,050
i was called for the interview which was very brief the guy asked me two questions
1. are you married - No
2.do yo have any kids-no
that was the end of my interview took less than a minute.

thank you all for your prayers and may you also be successful

How great is our GOD!! I am sooo sooo encouraged. God is great!!

for those going for the interview its normal to have butterflies and by the way today me, 3 single chicks and one couple who were ahead of me got their visas and none of them knew anything about this site so dont be scared if they all made it without all the info available here then for someone who is a member it will be a walk over as long as your docs are ok. Jah bless

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw....am so happy. Wanking is our next successful story and followed closely by Nesh :))

work experience requirements

Hullo family,

Lets brainstorm on the issue of work experience. What do you think the CO will look out for considering that there is no certificate for work experience? And we hear it is very difficult to qualify using work experience, so what does a soul do especially in relation to the C- issue?

These are my thoughts; I do believe that if you demonstrate that you have work experience, it can over ride the c- grade issue. I read some where that they asked for a CV. I believe a detailed resume will do. Plus a letter from your current employer confirming that you are still employed with them, your appointment letter and previous appointment letters. Get recommendation letters from current employer and former employers as well showing that you are a good employee who knows his/her work. Carry your payslips and bank statements ever since you begun working if available. I guess you really have to proof to them that you have what it takes. If you have short training certs during working life, carry them as well. Remember also appraisal forms. They might work as well. May be you may have to swear an Affidavit stating that you worked in the different places and that you are still employed with your current employer. The CO's tend to believe in Affidavits more than the ordinary letters from what we are reading. And remember, an Affidavit is a legal document made under oath. So it is more believable than a mere letter saying you worked somewhere. Just have all the docs.

Hullo family,

Lets brainstorm on the issue of work experience. What do you think the CO will look out for considering that there is no certificate for work experience? And we hear it is very difficult to qualify using work experience, so what does a soul do especially in relation to the C- issue?

These are my thoughts; I do believe that if you demonstrate that you have work experience, it can over ride the c- grade issue. I read some where that they asked for a CV. I believe a detailed resume will do. Plus a letter from your current employer confirming that you are still employed with them, your appointment letter and previous appointment letters. Get recommendation letters from current employer and former employers as well showing that you are a good employee who knows his/her work. Carry your payslips and bank statements ever since you begun working if available. I guess you really have to proof to them that you have what it takes. If you have short training certs during working life, carry them as well. Remember also appraisal forms. They might work as well. May be you may have to swear an Affidavit stating that you worked in the different places and that you are still employed with your current employer. The CO's tend to believe in Affidavits more than the ordinary letters from what we are reading. And remember, an Affidavit is a legal document made under oath. So it is more believable than a mere letter saying you worked somewhere. Just have all the docs.

Well said...but how about if u r running ur own biz?

Hullo family,

yes its very difficult to qualify using work experience coz for me i have an experience of sales representative and was given the recommendation letter by my employer but they refused.

yes its very difficult to qualify using work experience coz for me i have an experience of sales representative and was given the recommendation letter by my employer but they refused.

Ujanja is doing ur CP in a neighboring state (assuming they wont confer with the home state consulate).

The work experience route unfortunately is subjective with regards to the CO.