• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

High School Thing

Something is bothering me about high school education, my hubby did his high school in 1990 got a C- went to Russia did his B.A Economics employed in 1999 till now as an Auditor he just got his MBA from Nairobi University. Do you want to say the embassy will deny us a visa because he had a C- please let me know so that we dont waste our money for visa and medical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is bothering me about high school education, my hubby did his high school in 1990 got a C- went to India did his B.A Economics employed with the government 1999 till now as an Auditor he just got his MBA from JKUAT University. Do you want to say the embassy will deny us a visa because he had a C- please let me know so that we dont waste our money for visa and medical.
I don't know much 'bout this but wait and will tell yu on Tuesday I must come up wid the whole info. May God bless.

I wish you all the best and am gonna say a prayer for your PASS on Tuesday, Please inquire about that scenario because the one am geeting at Mwakilishi.com they have not said if the lady who was denied a visa because of not meeting the education requirement had gone to university nor work experience. All the best brother!

I wish you all the best and am gonna say a prayer for your PASS on Tuesday, Please inquire about that scenario because the one am geeting at Mwakilishi.com they have not said if the lady who was denied a visa because of not meeting the education requirement had gone to university nor work experience. All the best brother!

There is a form which you will fill before giving out the documents there is a place you will tick university instead of
kcse.

So there is a possiblity of two things the next bulletin for January will be upto 18700 or 20500 so my interview will either be in January or February God give me patiency anxiety is killing me.:p

Abu Hamza and burundiwinner, yes its a long wait but on the positive side, time to save for those of us who need to and also to learn from those going ahead of us.... but still, its along wait, i guess we will be curren next year sept... oh dear :( Wankinmaster and all those going for interview soon, all our prayers, for sure i will say a prayer for you on Tuesday......

The wait

Abu Hamza and burundiwinner, yes its a long wait but on the positive side, time to save for those of us who need to and also to learn from those going ahead of us.... but still, its along wait, i guess we will be curren next year sept... oh dear :( Wankinmaster and all those going for interview soon, all our prayers, for sure i will say a prayer for you on Tuesday......

I know but it's the fluctuating emotions:mad:. I want it really bad now, all I can think of is the big apple. I'll go in January for certain to visit, I cannot help it.

I am using the time to save and so far it's going well but I am restless. I am tired of UK after 10 yrs.

Good luck to all that are going this coming week.

Very funny

Obeez, where is your humor, of course i was kidding, and no, don't tell us to carry 5 only pictures.
You have made my day, kwani even when you have a marriage certificate from the registrar you have to carry the photos of the event:eek:

Life after the interview

Indeed my brother, your fears are the same as mine. Is it worth it to risk it all? Abandon your job and head for the unknown? Its only natural. One thing is for sure; we leave in LDCs while US whatever problems they have, are still up there in hierarchy. And life is about risks, its better to try and fail than not to try at all. I have the same worries but my husband's cousin who has encouraged us to apply over the years, has told us before that you have to be confident and prove that you're the man for the job. He went to an interview before and beat about 20 applicants including indigenous Americans. It may be a tale from many years ago but what can you do. It's good that you are prayerful. We have to try our best. Be positive and stay focused.

For sure we all have this fear of both not getting the visa and life after getting the visa. Let me share something.
When i applied for the DV2013 for both my hubby and i, i kept on affirming to my self 5 times the following sentence "I am a permanent resident of USA" and "Thank you God for choosing my name as a winner of the Lottery" even before i slept i did say those words believe me even when i wake up at night i said it untill i could fall asleep and see what happened my hubby won and it was the best selection because he has all the requirements than me.
So, for the forthcoming interviews from today say this several times a day "My Visa has been approved" say it and feel it see the CO congratulating you. OR say "Father, i thank you that you have conquered the things that bother me. Please fill my heart with the peace that comes from knowing that i have already won the battle for the Visa"

For sure we all have this fear of both not getting the visa and life after getting the visa. Let me share something.
When i applied for the DV2013 for both my hubby and i, i kept on affirming to my self 5 times the following sentence "I am a permanent resident of USA" and "Thank you God for choosing my name as a winner of the Lottery" even before i slept i did say those words believe me even when i wake up at night i said it untill i could fall asleep and see what happened my hubby won and it was the best selection because he has all the requirements than me.
So, for the forthcoming interviews from today say this several times a day "My Visa has been approved" say it and feel it see the CO congratulating you. OR say "Father, i thank you that you have conquered the things that bother me. Please fill my heart with the peace that comes from knowing that i have already won the battle for the Visa"

If you believe it enough it will be.

Very sad indeed ..i think the American embassy should sensitize guys on this issue coz one might end up spending lots

No i think its KCC duty not to book an appointment with those that they feel are not qualified academically because you write all those in the DS230 forms what you got in that level of education otherwise we will start thinking that they are robbing the poor.

i am susan case xxxxx422xxx fiscal yre 2013
with this case no when do i expect my interview
who should verify my documents here in kenya
must i go with my husband or i can go alone and then he joins me later

To be sincere you not even get an appointment letter coz the visas zitakua exhausted your case number if it is 422xxx i dont think you will but you need prayers if have never prayed before you need to start.
Those people who are selected for the DV 2013 visa lottery program with higher case numbers may not be called for the interview as the visas may exhaust before the closing date of the DV 2013 visa lottery program.
BUT if you made a mistake and add one number then i assume it is 422xx. This one you will get thru! lolest it has made me think about all over again coz its kinda highest

Last edited by a moderator:
MEDICALS AT IOM CENTRE
Hi friends today i did the booking of my medicals at avenue 4 ngong road after i went to IOM westlands only to be told that they deal with flights only not medicals,i did a booking for 2 at a cost of K.sh 48,000 and i thought somebody ,maybe wankin master said they do it at 18k per person,was told to go for the medicals on 23rd oct,and my interview being 1st nov i thought thats so near but they told me that they will work on them for two days and take them take them to embassy on 3rd day..i insisted they give me an earlier date but they stood there ground saying its what they do,by the way i was told in Msa its 19,500 but after considering the cost of travelling together with my spouse to coast i almost take it as equal to do it in the Nairobi IOM
meanwhile lets keep praying for Wankin master coz his interview is near and he is our torch bearer,

Yes Mombasa its Kshs.19'500 but for a kid its slightly above that

No i think its KCC duty not to book an appointment with those that they feel are not qualified academically because you write all those in the DS230 forms what you got in that level of education otherwise we will start thinking that they are robbing the poor.

I beg to defer. I think you were only required to indicate the educational institution attended and the qualification or certificate obtained eg. Menengai high school- kcse etc. no where r u supposed to write wat u got in that educational level. Wat do u thnk guys?

Abu Hamza and burundiwinner, yes its a long wait but on the positive side, time to save for those of us who need to and also to learn from those going ahead of us.... but still, its along wait, i guess we will be curren next year sept
Don worry...............The way might be long but I know we gonna reach the end
.. oh dear :( Wankinmaster and all those going for interview soon, all our prayers,
Amen
for sure i will say a prayer for you on Tuesday.....
May the Almighty hear the prayers n bless each and every of us