• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Every country you have lived in for more than 6 months at a go, from the time you attained 16 years. Does that answer your question well?

Dear forum members,

I have a quick question not related to the DV Lottery. I need help on getting a visa to UAE from Nairobi or Mombasa. Does anyone know whether UAE has an embassy or consulate in Kenya? If yes, where are they located? If no, how can I get a transit visa to UAE? remember it is a transit Visa. Any information you can provide, I will appreciate.

Thanks all

Hope this helps....

Dear forum members,

I have a quick question not related to the DV Lottery. I need help on getting a visa to UAE from Nairobi or Mombasa. Does anyone know whether UAE has an embassy or consulate in Kenya? If yes, where are they located? If no, how can I get a transit visa to UAE? remember it is a transit Visa. Any information you can provide, I will appreciate.

Thanks all

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/visa-transit-dubai.php

http://www.emirates.org/visa.html

http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/engli...d-passport-control/immigration-and-visas.aspx

Am glad to be here in this house. its quite interesting and informative. My question goes back to the issue of KCSE grades. I got a mean grade of D and am wondering; should i abandon the process altogether considering the huge amounts of money needed for the process or should i try my fortune. Am married and have two kids

Am glad to be here in this house. its quite interesting and informative. My question goes back to the issue of KCSE grades. I got a mean grade of D and am wondering; should i abandon the process altogether considering the huge amounts of money needed for the process or should i try my fortune. Am married and have two kids

Hi Mash, they want a C plain. You either have it or you don't. People have testified here how they got denied even though they had other qualifications. Just read through the thread and make a choice. It's really bad.

Tuendelee ama tusiendelee.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but u have 2b informed;several people have been denied visas due to this issue & thus it would be a waste of resources pursuing this cause.

On another level,if its ur time,then it is,nothing should stop u.How about u call/email the embassy & hear what they have to say.
How about work experience?U could ask them if ur work experience makes the cut.

All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but u have 2b informed;several people denied visas due to this issue & thus it would be a waste of resources pursuing this cause.

On another level,if its ur time,then it is,nothing should stop u.How about u call/email the embassy & hear what they have to say.
How about work experience?U could ask them if ur work experience makes the cut.

All the best.

Very sad indeed ..i think the American embassy should sensitize guys on this issue coz one might end up spending lots

i got this short interview from nairaland forum
.co:Goodmorning
me:goodmorning,hw r u nd hw was ur nite?
co:she smiled nd said fine thk u
co;I would like to take ur finger prints
me;ok
co;administered the oath tingy;
me; I replied,yes I do
co;mr XXXX,what do u do pls?
me:im a banker
co; wat bank?
Me:xxxx bank
co:wat brc
hme:headoff
co;r u married
me:no
co;do u have kids
me:no
co:what dd u study in school
me;xxxxxxxx
co;congratulations, u r welcome to America to live the American dream.

Brainwave

As I was discussing ur issue with my wife,she challenged me as to what I would do if I were in ur situation.

So far,I came up with 2 options:

1: Do ur CP in another country;probably,they would only be interested in ur KCSE cert & not ur grades.

2: Re sitting for ur KCSE;this is definitely a hard sell given the time constraint & how long u've been out of school.How about GCE?

Hypothetically,if u were to AOS rather than CP,would the USCIS officer be interested in ur grades or ur KCSE cert?

Would one be admitted to a US university with a C- & below?Perhaps this is why they r insisting on a C & above.

Folks,whatcha think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear forum members,

Thanks all

You get a transit visa at the airport.....check out for marhaba services and they will issue it but you ticket destination must not be UAE.

Hi Mash, they want a C plain. You either have it or you don't. People have testified here how they got denied even though they had other qualifications. Just read through the thread and make a choice. It's really bad.

Its a tricky situation telling a person not to go ahead after being selected from 15mil applicants. God works in mysterious ways, would go ahead and if its denied then i will call myself a fighter. Turn that experience into positive energy to work hard and go there as a businessman spending his/her money.

Its a tricky situation telling a person not to go ahead after being selected from 15mil applicants. God works in mysterious ways, would go ahead and if its denied then i will call myself a fighter. Turn that experience into positive energy to work hard and go there as a businessman spending his/her money.

It's especially tricky when u have a family, the amount of money you spend increases with every additional family member. Its simpler to gamble when you are alone, but imagine me coming from Uganda with my kids when i know my grades dont cut it. The cost would be much, hotel bills, flight fares, medical and visa fees. Its hectic man. Pretty hectic. The problem is that the other qualifications are not considered, and we have read the testimonies here. Its really your choice bro. A hard choice really.Yet again, making the grades does not guarantee the visa either. It's all a gamble. I know i sound discouraging but i dont wish to sugar coat things. I would rather tell it as it is and let you make your choice.