• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hallo forumates thanx all of you for your support,may the lord go ahead of you in everything you desire to do.For those ahead of us after registering with dhl how long does it take for them to give you the waybill number.help a sister out.

VISA GRANTED
We arrived at the embassy at 5.45am.Our interview was at 6.30am`.we went thru the first check then another check where we left our phones. At the main building we were given a number to wait and a dv form for the dv education qualification. Our interview took around 3minutes and was as below
CO: Raise your right hand and swear that the information in this forms and whatever you shall say is the whole truth.
WE: We do swear
CO: I want the main applicant to respond to these questions
CO: When did you finish your High School?
Me: I gave the year
CO: After that where did you go?
Me: joined University
CO: What course did you study?
Me: I Answered.
CO: What are you currently doing?
Me. I am working at………………………………
CO: What is your position?
Me: I answered
CO: Who will sponsor you while in the USA?.
Me: I have a sister (I did not even finish before she continued)
CO: I don’t see anything wrong with your documents. So I will grant you the visa. Congratulations.
We were then given the forms to pay the green card fee and the green form containing details on how to create an account for the DHL .
All thru she was typing in her computer.My hubby is the main applicant n i was not asked any question.We were through by 9am
Congratulation Julianaa
This is really a house of winners and God is with us all. WIsh you the best for the next step

Hallo forumates thanx all of you for your support,may the lord go ahead of you in everything you desire to do.For those ahead of us after registering with dhl how long does it take for them to give you the waybill number.help a sister out.

You will get an email from embassy after two days.check both inbox n junk mails

One more inquiry. From the previous interview experiences posted, I haven's seen anybody who was asked to present his/her birth certificate. Am I right?

One more inquiry. From the previous interview experiences posted, I haven's seen anybody who was asked to present his/her birth certificate. Am I right?

Yes we did,check mine my hubby was asked why his birth cert looks recent.:)

got a friend in need of advise, if university transcripts are not ready,
are Testimonials accepted!

Form what I have gathered so far from various sources, they are more interested in your high school grade....KCSE in case of Kenya...C plain mean grade. A degree etc may not even be considered

Form what I have gathered so far from various sources, they are more interested in your high school grade....KCSE in case of Kenya...C plain mean grade. A degree etc may not even be considered

thanks Enoo for your input, i appreciate

Congratulations to you and your family. Welcome to the greencard holders forum.

Hello Guyz,
I don't know if I'm the only Nigerian on this thread but kudos to you Kenyan Guyz. you've been making the DV stuff easier with info... This thread is the best so far... God bless PAPASAN who created the thread and every contributor so far...

I faced the CO yesterday and here are the details...

I arrived with my family @ Victoria Island @ 6:10am (we were scheduled 7am)... we passed through the security and was later told to find a way to dispose every device using battery and other chemically induced stuffs such as powders, cameras, phones, oil, make-up kits etc and was instructed to open all envelops including medicals... and was passed in...

Inside:

We were given a ticket with numbers which started with letter 'B' (B stands for immigrants while A stands for non-immigrants)... and was called according to numbers. firstly to pay, secondly to submit documents and lastly for interview proper...

Here's the interview:
CO: who won?
ME: I did
CO: Raise your hands and swear all the information you provided are true and genuine to the best of your knowledge.
Family: We did

He instructed us to do the fingerprints... myself and my wife did... my kid was just troubling the CO and he was playing with him all through.

CO: When did you finish your secondary school?
ME: Told him.
CO: What's your highest level of education...
ME: I told him... ( Mind you: All I did after my Secondary education was went to a computer school (vocational) where I got Certificate in Desktop Publishing)
CO: What do you do for a living?
ME: I'm a Graphic Designer
CO: Since when have you been designing Graphics
ME: 2002

Then he handed the paper containing the address for pick-up... told me it will take 5 working days... and that was all...

It's God's favor at work because this same guy scolded a lady for about 22mins before us... I never prayed to be interviewed by him. Unknown to me my wife was having the same thought as mine but he was the one that called us and God did it...

To GOD be the glory... Wishing every one facing the COs in the remaining months of the 2013 fiscal year a success and 2014 guyz, the LORD GOD OF HOST will work for you too...

Congrats to u..:)

Interview experience at US embassy Helsinki.

Our appointment was at 9:30, we arrived at 9:15, went through security then to waiting rooom. After few minutes we were called by a Finnish guy to the first window. Went alone cause our youngest daughter was screaming at the top of her voice, he asked me to hand over all our papers, he started by asking my university certs then i was waiting for what he was gonna ask next, he told me your birth cert and police records, i handed over all the documents he asked, then he ask me my husband police records and his birth cert and birth cert for the kids ( in the mean time i was praying so hard that he wont ask me my kcse cert cause i had some name problems, you all know, been mentioning here often) I was holding my and my husband kcse on my hand..... then he told me to pay and go and wait. He didnt even take my passport photos, he said the one on the medicals are enough ( wish i knew to save some euros). After half an hour we were called by finnish lady on window 2 to take finger prints, so we did and we had to go and wait again. Finally we were called by an American lady to window 3.
Interview was as follow.

CO: Are you the principle applicant?
Me: I answered yes
CO: Can you please sign these papers for me, sign yours and the one for the kids and your husband can sign his.
ME: ( didnt say anything, took a pen and sigh mine and my kids docs)
CO: Can you sign too yours ( handing over the paper to my husband)
CO: Let me check your medicals then i can ask you some few questions.
ME: I said ok ( while smiling)
CO: How long time have you been living here?
ME: Answered..
CO: mmh thats a long time,
ME: Said yes, its over 10 years
CO: What are you doing?
ME: Answered
CO: To my husband: sir and you, what are you doing here?
Hubby: Answered.
CO: Have you been living too here same time as your wife?
Hubby: Answered
CO: So you came here to get married
Hubby: Answered.
CO: Which state are you planning to go?
ME: answered
CO: Mmmh its really hot there.
Me: yes its is really warm
CO: Are you planning to move soon ?
Me: I said no
CO: After we issue visa, it will be valid for six months, does it sounds ok to you?
Me: I said yes.
CO: Everything seems ok, your visa will be ready within a week, you can come and collect yourself since you live in helsinki.
Me: We said thankyou and left smiling ( i was hurrying, i was thinking and if they realised they forgot to ask my kcse cert) We left happily thanking God.

It sounds like it was a long interview but it wasnt and the CO was so so so nice, so friendly. I want to thank each and every one of you, nickelly, makiki, dubai and just each one of you. It was quite an experience, to wait since May last year till now, waiting of the unknows, since we couldnt plan alot of things basing on the fact that, are we getting or not. Sorry for long message. God is FAITHFULL. Now im waiting for God to provide some dollars so i can start packing and leave for TEXAS to meet makiki and nickelly !!!!

Congrats to u...:):)

Hi to everyone
i am a 2014 DV winner from Cameroon though a registered member but ve never posted because i am still struggling to read this thread from the beginning and is really educative for winners winners to be. i stumble on it while googling interview experiences. I am almost done reading and will try my best to participate in wat i know from other forums

i am Blessed to have found this forum of winners and to be among u guys.
Thx

Cheers & welcome to the forum...:):).