• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

There's nothing simple about this thing. Its especially hard for us who travel from outside Kenya. Securing leave days, air tickets, and if u travel by road its a whole 12 hours. ( i refused to take this road (pun intended). I said to me and hubby that since there are no guarantees on this visa thing, we might as well enjoy it, so fly we did, and fly again we will if all goes well) lol. Anyways you complain about 4 days but if you choose to stay around for both medicals and interview then u may stay for 3 weeks; give or take a few days. Be prepared for this.

Catchme,

I guess it depends on how much you have at your disposal.

Catchme,

I guess it depends on how much you have at your disposal.

It would make life a lot easier if each country dealt with their own. When i first found out that we are supposed to move to Nairobi, i went like how cumbersome, i wanted out. I envy you watu wa Kenya. (Even i can afford a lil' swahili lol)

Makiki! I want to correct you on this issue of baby born after issuance of visa. My son was born after we had our interviews and prior to activating the visas. What you need to do here is few simple steps;
1. Immediately the baby is born, email the embassy with your details and the baby's birth certificate attached.
2. Apply for the baby's passport for travel.
3. Have baby's dv specs passport pictures.
4. Get a medical report from the hospital indicating baby's health and the vaccinations received.
Armed with all this the baby will receive the I-551 sticker at the point of entry but its should the baby's 2nd birthday.

Pls read the info below from the state gov. Search in the forum also there are many people explaining how they did it but I would urge you to follow what the embassy will tell you. It varies from country to country.

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to
Parent
(CT:VISA-1829; 04-18-2012)
The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a visa if the child is:
(1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa; or
(2) Born during the permanent resident mother’s temporary visit abroad provided that (see 9 FAM 42.1 N2):
(a) Admission is within two years of birth; and
(b) Either accompanying parent is applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child.

WELL INFORMED THANKS At least this information will be used in the coming future.

There's nothing simple about this thing. Its especially hard for us who travel from outside Kenya. Securing leave days, air tickets, and if u travel by road its a whole 12 hours. ( i refused to take this road (pun intended). I said to me and hubby that since there are no guarantees on this visa thing, we might as well enjoy it, so fly we did, and fly again we will if all goes well) lol. Anyways you complain about 4 days but if you choose to stay around for both medicals and interview then u may stay for 3 weeks; give or take a few days. Be prepared for this.

Poleni ( Sorry) thats why guys in \kenya should not take this Visa for granted,its a privilage. I admire you guys from UG,Rwanda. Friend, you will not miss that which God has ordained for you this year in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen.

It would make life a lot easier if each country dealt with their own. When i first found out that we are supposed to move to Nairobi, i went like how cumbersome, i wanted out. I envy you watu wa Kenya. (Even i can afford a lil' swahili lol)

Yeah it is indeed cumbersome...I am from Uganda by the way...I also have to prepare next yeah and move with my family. I am already imagining the hustle...but again it is all part of the process.

birth cert/passport

Halo friends. Finally, am booked for my medical examination on Monday, 5th August 2013. I am a bit worried of the unknown. I call for your prayers. A small inquiry. When I was born, my district was known as Kisii North which later changed to Nyamira. My birth certificate indicates my District of birth as Nyamira while my Passport indicates my place of birth as Kisii North. The truth is Nyamira is Kisii North and Kisii North is Nyamira. is Is there any problem?

Halo friends. Finally, am booked for my medical examination on Monday, 5th August 2013. I am a bit worried of the unknown. I call for your prayers. A small inquiry. When I was born, my district was known as Kisii North which later changed to Nyamira. My birth certificate indicates my District of birth as Nyamira while my Passport indicates my place of birth as Kisii North. The truth is Nyamira is Kisii North and Kisii North is Nyamira. is Is there any problem?

Enoo, haven't you posted this like a million times already? Lol, i actually laughed when i saw it this time. Am going to pretend that your computer or phone or whatever device you used to post is playing tricks on you.

Enoo, haven't you posted this like a million times already? Lol, i actually laughed when i saw it this time :D :D :D Am going to pretend that your computer or phone or whatever device you used to post is playing tricks on you. ;)

Hehe,

Seriously???

Poor lad Enno,

relax everything will be fine...by the way all the answers are on the forum...just put in more effort in searching and you will get the answers.

Thanks for the reply. I have to take this up what ever the case may be bcs this chance may never come back " though the out come is uncertain"

Indeed Uganda has a capacity to handle immigrant visas but I don't know why the embassy does not get upgraded to this level bsc it would even be a lot more easier for Rwandese and Burundians to travel to Uganda than Kenya. At least if they could allow medical results from IOM Kampala it would be some how fair. anyway

VISA GRANTED
We arrived at the embassy at 5.45am.Our interview was at 6.30am`.we went thru the first check then another check where we left our phones. At the main building we were given a number to wait and a dv form for the dv education qualification. Our interview took around 3minutes and was as below
CO: Raise your right hand and swear that the information in this forms and whatever you shall say is the whole truth.
WE: We do swear
CO: I want the main applicant to respond to these questions
CO: When did you finish your High School?
Me: I gave the year
CO: After that where did you go?
Me: joined University
CO: What course did you study?
Me: I Answered.
CO: What are you currently doing?
Me. I am working at………………………………
CO: What is your position?
Me: I answered
CO: Who will sponsor you while in the USA?.
Me: I have a sister (I did not even finish before she continued)
CO: I don’t see anything wrong with your documents. So I will grant you the visa. Congratulations.
We were then given the forms to pay the green card fee and the green form containing details on how to create an account for the DHL .
All thru she was typing in her computer.My hubby is the main applicant n i was not asked any question.We were through by 9am

Enoo, some one replied and told you that they are more interested in the country of birth not the local place in particular, so as long as the country has not changed, you are ok

VISA GRANTED
We arrived at the embassy at 5.45am.Our interview was at 6.30am`.we went thru the first check then another check where we left our phones. At the main building we were given a number to wait and a dv form for the dv education qualification. Our interview took around 3minutes and was as below
CO: Raise your right hand and swear that the information in this forms and whatever you shall say is the whole truth.
CO: I don’t see anything wrong with your documents. So I will grant you the visa. Congratulations.
We were then given the forms to pay the green card fee and the green form containing details on how to create an account for the DHL .
All thru she was typing in her computer.My hubby is the main applicant n i was not asked any question.We were through by 9am

Congs Julianna, i had missed your testimony, meet u in America, am up next.

VISA GRANTED
Oh my God! congratulations " America here she comes". ;). I have noticed some thing about your interview and I don't know whether the embassy has changed the sequence of the events at the interview. 1. You received an interview before your papers were checked 2. You received an interview before you paid the interview fee.
Please help and clarify this so that we get to know what to expect