• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Dilemma

Just do everything together but write follow to join if WIFE is the principal applicant. If HUBBY is the principal applicant then you will have to go together to the US but i met a lady who came here first and left the hubby behind who was the main applicant and he followed after 3 months.

Thanx Makiki but the husband doesnt even want to go to the interview.
NB: I am the principal applicant

Regarding your place of birth, at the embassy they are only interested in the Country of Birth, so it really won't matter which part of Kenya you where born in. So you can relax.

Halo friends. Finally, am booked for my medical examination on Monday, 5th August 2013. I am a bit worried of the unknown. I call for your prayers. A small inquiry. When I was born, my district was known as Kisii North which later changed to Nyamira. B]My birth certificate indicates my District of birth as Nyamira[/B] while my Passport indicates my place of birth as Kisii North. The truth is Nyamira is Kisii North and Kisii North is Nyamira. is Is there any problem?

Hi Mushy!

Sorry for the delay and congratulations on being selected for the 2014 processing. Now, if you check the visa bulletins for the last 2yrs everyone is current by june-july and if we follow that pattern you will have an interview in Aug-Sept 2014. Your high case no. gives you a lot of time to thoroughly prepare for the interview. Go through the 2011,12,13 forums there is a lot of info for you. For now breath in and you will need a lot of patience.

Thanks buddy

Members some one help advise, IOM scheduled me and my family for only one day next week, isnt that not strange! i expected 2 days as a matter of procedure, isnt so!
those who have attended medicals come in, otherwise i have few days left.

Thank you Catchme, we appreciate this, I now understand some of the miseries surrounding medical examinations
Kids get the skin test not xrays. Secondly after what happened to me, i would suggest that we all book medicals early enough and then go for the interviews later. That means two trips for people coming from outside Kenya. Its costly but it saves you time. Imagine you do your meds a month to the interview and they say you have to do the tests whose results come back in eight weeks, you will have saved a cool 4 weeks. Case in point, our 2nd day medicals were on 18th July, and samples start the next Monday by default, so you give samples from 22nd to 23rd then count 8 weeks from then which end on 18th September. So you can have your interview from 18th onwards. Remember the program closes on 30th September. This means that anyone who had a bad xray after us may not have the 8 weeks. If u sit and count you will see that the program ends before the results are out.

For those that have already got to the US, how long does it take to clear the airport immigration? Once you get to the immigration officer, is it fairly straight forward in and out or does the clearing process take a bit of time?

Hi,

It could take up to an hour. In my case i was flying to Ohio but my point of entry was New York. It took me about an hr to get cleared because there were many other people coming in on DV applications.

Once done you're also expected to pick all your luggage and check it in to the next flight you're taking, then proceed and go through security check, if you happen to be in a big airport the security check lines are crazy and the plane gate can be far too. Make sure you have a lay over of about 3hrs so you're not left by the next flight. I met a family who were left and they had to wait many hours to catch another flight, you could also be asked to pay a fee.

Members some one help advise, IOM scheduled me and my family for only one day next week, isnt that not strange! i expected 2 days as a matter of procedure, isnt so!

Just make a call and they will clarify. It should be 2 days.

U][/U]Today's Devotion

Throughout the Psalms we read how men, in their extremity, implored God for support. In Psalm 62:8 we read, “Trust in Him at all times you people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us”. It has been well said that when one is going through difficult times it is easy to start questioning God’s character, asking ourselves, “Does God know how I feel: Does He care”? The only way to counteract this negative thinking is to fill our minds with what the Scripture tells us about God’s character; that He does understand, He know exactly how we feel and He is there to help. A Scripture in which I have found comfort for many years is Nahum 1:7, which reads “The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He know them that trust in Him”. Hallelujah! We could do well to memorise some of these helpful verses from the Psalms like Psalm 34:6, “This poor man cried and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles. God can be safely trusted at all times. His presence is always there to help.:)

There is no way you will get into that plane without the baby's passport and no way you will get into the US land without the baby's visa so do all you can to get the papers for the little one. You could have asked about it during the interview.

Makiki! I want to correct you on this issue of baby born after issuance of visa. My son was born after we had our interviews and prior to activating the visas. What you need to do here is few simple steps;
1. Immediately the baby is born, email the embassy with your details and the baby's birth certificate attached.
2. Apply for the baby's passport for travel.
3. Have baby's dv specs passport pictures.
4. Get a medical report from the hospital indicating baby's health and the vaccinations received.
Armed with all this the baby will receive the I-551 sticker at the point of entry but its should the baby's 2nd birthday.

Pls read the info below from the state gov. Search in the forum also there are many people explaining how they did it but I would urge you to follow what the embassy will tell you. It varies from country to country.

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to
Parent
(CT:VISA-1829; 04-18-2012)
The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a visa if the child is:
(1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa; or
(2) Born during the permanent resident mother’s temporary visit abroad provided that (see 9 FAM 42.1 N2):
(a) Admission is within two years of birth; and
(b) Either accompanying parent is applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child.

Hi guys wish all success in this endeavor we r in, to Henrica80 congratulations and those current have faith the visa is already yours in Jesus name. 2014 guys patience pays do research from previous threads a lot of information is there that also helped me through my process, come your time you will already have answers at your fingertips.
Now my question is our deadline to acquire the visa is September 30th, our passports we have the visa expiry date, do this means that even though our visa expires in December we have to meet the deadline and be in the USA by 30th September or is it the issuance of the visas that expires and one can go to USA even after the deadline but before the date on your visa expires. Need help guys whats your take on this God bless all and may all you desire come true.

Alukaoloo! Check out my reply to makiki's answer to your question. It's not something that can make you have sleepless nights. Be blessed.

Catchme,

Worry not about the scarring on his lungs. A lot of people do have scarring on lungs especially if they had bronchitis in their childhood. If your husband had TB to the extent that it has caused a scar(s) you would have known by now...because the standard treatment for TB is about 6 months and your husband would have known this. My guess is that it is something else...so don't worry you will be all fine. The Visa is yours IJN
Thanks Jonge, am hoping for the best.

Hey Solwach, relax. Yes they schedule you for one day but on that day they give you a paper which has your case number and on it they will write the next appointment, date and time. Its like a follow up of the first day so you don't make an appointment for it.

Makiki! I want to correct you on this issue of baby born after issuance of visa. My son was born after we had our interviews and prior to activating the visas. What you need to do here is few simple steps;
1. Immediately the baby is born, email the embassy with your details and the baby's birth certificate attached.
2. Apply for the baby's passport for travel.
3. Have baby's dv specs passport pictures.
4. Get a medical report from the hospital indicating baby's health and the vaccinations received.
Armed with all this the baby will receive the I-551 sticker at the point of entry but its should the baby's 2nd birthday.

Pls read the info below from the state gov. Search in the forum also there are many people explaining how they did it but I would urge you to follow what the embassy will tell you. It varies from country to country.

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to
Parent
(CT:VISA-1829; 04-18-2012)
The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a visa if the child is:
(1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa; or
(2) Born during the permanent resident mother’s temporary visit abroad provided that (see 9 FAM 42.1 N2):
(a) Admission is within two years of birth; and
(b) Either accompanying parent is applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child.

Wow. Very informative. Thank you for the reply, i hope the best for the couple.

Hey Solwach, relax. Yes they schedule you for one day but on that day they give you a paper which has your case number and on it they will write the next appointment, date and time. Its like a follow up of the first day so you don't make an appointment for it.
Can't they fix all the medical examinations in one day especially for those ones who come from out side Kenya (Uganda, Burundi Rwanda etc)

Can't they fix all the medical examinations in one day especially for those ones who come from out side Kenya (Uganda, Burundi Rwanda etc)

That's how its done. If you don't have kids you have the vaccinations and body check up on the next day, however if you have kids, the results for the skin test for TB are available in 72 hours, (3 days), So you can't have it in 1 day.

That's how its done. If you don't have kids you have the vaccinations and body check up on the next day, however if you have kids, the results for the skin test for TB are available in 72 hours, (3 days), So you can't have it in 1 day.
I see. That means I have to camp in Nairobi for about 4 days because I have two kids. Challenging though!!!

I see. That means I have to camp in Nairobi for about 4 days because I have two kids. Challenging though!!!

There's nothing simple about this thing. Its especially hard for us who travel from outside Kenya. Securing leave days, air tickets, and if u travel by road its a whole 12 hours. ( i refused to take this road (pun intended). I said to me and hubby that since there are no guarantees on this visa thing, we might as well enjoy it, so fly we did, and fly again we will if all goes well) lol. Anyways you complain about 4 days but if you choose to stay around for both medicals and interview then u may stay for 3 weeks; give or take a few days. Be prepared for this.