• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

We were only asked three questions.what did i do after high school.i said went to college.what course of study and finally what im doing currently and she congratulated us..There were so many pple placed on AP.One lady was denied coz she had a D+ and a diploma cert on tailoring from a local school.This was the happiest day for me and my family.Special thanks to my sisters from Mombasani Emma and Makiki.To all the other forum mates a big thank you for the prayers and the support.Im lucky to have found this family.GOD BLESS U ALL

Congratulations!! that was simple.....guys awaiting interviews,dont freak out their questions are simple n straightfoward

This is my general advice
If the additional name on the passport was received after marriage, your wife needs to go to court and swear an affidavit which you will present to explain this.
If the names in the passport are the names you filled in the initial DV application , then you do not need to update KCC but if they are different, you need to update them.
Generally, the information you filled before you were selected should be the same as on the Forms you send after selection, any difference has to be brought to the attention of KCC and probably with evidence.
Apparently , I have a similar case, my academic docs and the B.Cert do not bear my husbands name but in the passport its there and that's what I filled before I was selected, I went to court and swore an affidavit so that my husband's name becomes mine legally.
Also the birth date in my husband's passport was not matching with the ones we filled during the first application, I sent KCC an inquiry mail and they told me to fill the correct date on DS forms.
I hope this info helps, inform me if any thing is not clear(am not a lawyer but I speak from experience)

Thank you for your advice

To more specific

For exampleLast Name on the Birth Cert. is AL XYZ and the Last name on the Passport is XYZ

the information I filled before I was selected is the same as on the Forms as well as on the passport That I send after selection.

As I understood from your feedback that I should be ok. Is that correct?

Thank you for your advice

To more specific

For exampleLast Name on the Birth Cert. is AL XYZ and the Last name on the Passport is XYZ Where does the AL come from, they will ask you at the interview which may even cause an 'Administrative Processing' situation. Bcs at the interview, you have to present both the passport and the birth certificate and so the information has to be matching, any difference has to be explained. Prepare to explain where the AL come from and probably give a reason why it was not included on the passport.

the information I filled before I was selected is the same as on the Forms as well as on the passport That I send after selection. Then here you have no problem with KCC, dont send anything, you just need to prepare evidence that the owner of the B.certificate is the owner of the passport. Alternatively, since the B.cert is the one causing a problem, you can process another one so that you run away from such explanations( when is your interview). I know of a guy who had a similar problem and he was told at the embassy that even if a visa is granted, D.O.S at the port of entry may disturb him.

As I understood from your feedback that I should be ok. Is that correct?
Regards

Hi All, Medicals day 2 went very bad. My husband's Xray result was not good. They say its not TB but they have to be sure, there are scars so he has to return to IOM to test his sputum results of which return after 8 weeks. Yes eight weeks. The interview is off till then, (sometime in september.) Ofcourse if its positive for TB then he starts on medication for 6 months.....u know how that one ends. Stay blessed. Good luck to you all.

Hi All, Medicals day 2 went very bad. My husband's Xray result was not good. They say its not TB but they have to be sure, there are scars so he has to return to IOM to test his sputum results of which return after 8 weeks. Yes eight weeks. The interview is off till then, (sometime in september.) Ofcourse if its positive for TB then he starts on medication for 6 months.....u know how that one ends. Stay blessed. Good luck to you all.

Eh , so sorry, we are praying for you, all will be fine.Still if others are and for him it has turned out that he has infectious TB, they can let the rest to go and he will follow to join after treatment under K1 visa since your fiscal year is almost gaming down.
But I don't think that it will happen that way, all of you may go at once, trust the MOST HIGH.

Hello Uganda1(Fellow Ugandan) I can see that you are logged in, I need some advice from you.
1.Do we need to certify the marriage certificates if we have the originals, if yes where in UG
2.Do we need to certify the birth certificates, if yes where in UG
3.What are the must vaccines and can we get them from Ugandan and we take the records, if yes where.
I appreciate your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just need the original document (which they give back to you) and a regular photocopy (which they will keep on you file).

Dear colleagues, are we supposed to present certified academic documents or we just present the original certificates and the the photocopies. In other wards help me with a list of all the documents that we are supposed to certify before going for the interview.
I appreciate your help

All you need is the original document and a normal photocopy, you don't need to certify the photocopy.

As for vaccines, that is different for each person depending on your age and medical history and the medical documentary evidence you provide, but for a family of 4, estimate about $1,000 +or- $200

Hello Uganda1(Fellow Ugandan) I can see that you are logged in, I need some advice from you.
1.Do we need to certify the marriage certificates if we have the originals, if yes where in UG
2.Do we need to certify the birth certificates, if yes where in UG
3.What are the must vaccines and can we get them from Ugandan and we take the records, if yes where.
I appreciate your advice.

See a Lawyer/Commissioner of Oaths and get an affidavit that states that all the different names refer to the same person and state which names are officially used, now and going forward for all future records.

I am DV principal winner. My wife’s last name on the passport is different from the birth certificate and the marriage certificate missing my 2 letters. On the forms that I have sent to KCC is same last name as the passport.

1- Is it an issue during the interview?

2- Do I need to inform the CO to correct it same as Birth Certificate?

3- Do I need to keep quite if the issue was not raise and keep the last name same as the passport?

Pls, advice what are my option

Thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my tickets ready travelling on 29th August, Qatar airline. They charged me $2975 for three people. Fomogho thanks for keeping me company while shopping for air ticket.:p

Help me praise the lord people.Our interview was successful.we arrived @ embasy at arround quarter to six in the morning.we found around 10 pple outside.security checks were done.we were called to submit documents there we met a somali lady with an attitude .after giving her all docs she calls us back saying we had not submitted one passport.we told her we had given her.She was not listening to us @ all.finally she found it on her table.finally to the interview @ around 9.50

We were only asked three questions.what did i do after high school.i said went to college.what course of study and finally what im doing currently and she congratulated us..There were so many pple placed on AP.One lady was denied coz she had a D+ and a diploma cert on tailoring from a local school.This was the happiest day for me and my family.Special thanks to my sisters from Mombasani Emma and Makiki.To all the other forum mates a big thank you for the prayers and the support.Im lucky to have found this family.GOD BLESS U ALL

When i woke up this morning and logged to my facebook account it was the best way to start my day for i read about your successful interview. I welcome you to the United States of America my sister how i wish you could be my neighbor here so that we could be meeting as often as we used to meet in Mombasa. All the best dear and Congratulations to you and your family.

I have my tickets ready travelling on 29th August, Qatar airline. They charged me $2975 for three people. Fomogho thanks for keeping me company while shopping for air ticket.:p

waooh thats cool you are coming the best time to enroll the kids to school hey wee hebu inbox please

All you need is the original document and a normal photocopy, you don't need to certify the photocopy.

As for vaccines, that is different for each person depending on your age and medical history and the medical documentary evidence you provide, but for a family of 4, estimate about $1,000 +or- $200
Thanks for this information.
How did you go about travel and accommodation on the days of medicals and interviews, I have no idea bcs I have never been to Nairobi neither my husband.
How did you cross the border on your way back if they had retained your passport to stamp in the visa.
Thank you.You are really a good resource to me since I will be going through exactly what u went thru as we come from the same country.

Hi,

pole for that we shall keep in you prayers. Is it possible for you guys to proceed with the interview as you hubby waits or how does this work now?

Congratulations, God is so faithful.....we give him all the glory....

thanks to God

I am so happy for your success. Hope same will happen to all of us. By the way, were your certificates laminated?

Sister God,s blessings have no tears,so it is not over until He say so.read todays devotion.we are with you in prayers.