• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Thank you so much for the info, I will present the originals because I have them. What about marriage certificates and birth certificates, are we supposed to certify them even though one has the originals?
are your original certs laminated?

Today's Devotion

Fear not

Matthew 6:27
"who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the Span of his life".
Friend, God’s help is timely. God’s help is sufficient, and does not come with strings attached. In fact Jesus says "cast your cares upon me.He desires to handle your financial cares and even your spiritual cares. God says, I will care for you, I will help you.
All the Best who are current, it is your time.:)

Did medicals and we got results, TB and Lab test ok. What else could go wrong with medical results. Didnt trust our doctor. With our vaccination records, he indicated that applicant does not meet vaccination requirements for one or more vaccines and no waiver is requested. Called him and ask him about that but he explained that cause we still need to do more vaccination when we get to USA. Could this bring us a problem? We did all vaccination that the doctor told us to do. Did you guys see your medical results ?

Henrica80, there is no cause for alarm. It would have been bad if TB and lab test had some issues. Focus on the interview day and i think your case is a straight forward visa. You got everything going for you.

Hey guyz been kidogo things are quite okay , only that my ssn imechelewa sana am planning to visit their offices again coz i cant work at the moment..briefly" if you are coming here with children make sure you know your host really well, its not easy to start life here with children, ENO relax it shall be well just go through the thread polepole and all your questions will be answered, dubai asha kushow.., wish all those who havent done their interviews all the best!! tunawangoja sana, food ya huku ni tasteless so kuleni nyama choma ya kutosha..lovely night guyz..

Papasan, visit them immediately cos you might wait forever. Normally don't trust what you fill at the POE, wait for atleast 2 days after entry and visit an ssn office. They should be able to issue you with ssn no immediately. If it has been issued already they can give you the no while you wait for the docs to arrive.

Thankyou so much

Henrica80, there is no cause for alarm. It would have been bad if TB and lab test had some issues. Focus on the interview day and i think your case is a straight forward visa. You got everything going for you.

Dubai that meant alot to us, thankyou for that encouragement, sometimes i feel like im givingup.... the whole process is very tiring and stressing, i felt i was ready last year than iam now and its just few days to our interview... Well as you said * our case is straight forward visa* IMANI ndio hiyo... PALJON KIITOS!!!!! diamondz we are praying for you.... we are seeing green sheet being handed to you!!! AMEN

Dubai that meant alot to us, thankyou for that encouragement, sometimes i feel like im givingup.... the whole process is very tiring and stressing, i felt i was ready last year than iam now and its just few days to our interview... Well as you said * our case is straight forward visa* IMANI ndio hiyo... PALJON KIITOS!!!!! diamondz we are praying for you.... we are seeing green sheet being handed to you!!! AMEN

Take easy and wait for the visa.

Name is different pls advice

I am DV principal winner. My wife’s last name on the passport is different from the birth certificate and the marriage certificate missing my 2 letters. On the forms that I have sent to KCC is same last name as the passport.

1- Is it an issue during the interview?

2- Do I need to inform the CO to correct it same as Birth Certificate?

3- Do I need to keep quite if the issue was not raise and keep the last name same as the passport?

Pls, advice what are my option

Thank you in advance

I am DV principal winner. My wife’s last name on the passport is different from the birth certificate and the marriage certificate missing my 2 letters. On the forms that I have sent to KCC is same last name as the passport.

1- Is it an issue during the interview? It will definitely be an issue

2- Do I need to inform the CO to correct it same as Birth Certificate? You need to inform KCC so that they update your file

3- Do I need to keep quite if the issue was not raise and keep the last name same as the passport? Rectify the discrepancy before its too late, you still have a room

Pls, advice what are my option

Thank you in advance

This is my general advice
If the additional name on the passport was received after marriage, your wife needs to go to court and swear an affidavit which you will present to explain this.
If the names in the passport are the names you filled in the initial DV application , then you do not need to update KCC but if they are different, you need to update them.
Generally, the information you filled before you were selected should be the same as on the Forms you send after selection, any difference has to be brought to the attention of KCC and probably with evidence.
Apparently , I have a similar case, my academic docs and the B.Cert do not bear my husbands name but in the passport its there and that's what I filled before I was selected, I went to court and swore an affidavit so that my husband's name becomes mine legally.
Also the birth date in my husband's passport was not matching with the ones we filled during the first application, I sent KCC an inquiry mail and they told me to fill the correct date on DS forms.
I hope this info helps, inform me if any thing is not clear(am not a lawyer but I speak from experience)

hy jorj imagine have checked fron the USPS lakini it still indicates nothing i think kuna issue with hawa watu kpc are really letting letting me down tumbo joto sijiu whats wrong !i tried calling usps and they said investigation should start na kenya msa office.Thanks bro GOD bless you

Visa approved

Help me praise the lord people.Our interview was successful.we arrived @ embasy at arround quarter to six in the morning.we found around 10 pple outside.security checks were done.we were called to submit documents there we met a somali lady with an attitude .after giving her all docs she calls us back saying we had not submitted one passport.we told her we had given her.She was not listening to us @ all.finally she found it on her table.finally to the interview @ around 9.50

Help me praise the lord people.Our interview was successful.we arrived @ embasy at arround quarter to six in the morning.we found around 10 pple outside.security checks were done.we were called to submit documents there we met a somali lady with an attitude .after giving her all docs she calls us back saying we had not submitted one passport.we told her we had given her.She was not listening to us @ all.finally she found it on her table.finally to the interview @ around 9.50

Am soo happy for you my friend....All Glory to Our God above

We were only asked three questions.what did i do after high school.i said went to college.what course of study and finally what im doing currently and she congratulated us..There were so many pple placed on AP.One lady was denied coz she had a D+ and a diploma cert on tailoring from a local school.This was the happiest day for me and my family.Special thanks to my sisters from Mombasani Emma and Makiki.To all the other forum mates a big thank you for the prayers and the support.Im lucky to have found this family.GOD BLESS U ALL

Congratulations man I praise the Lord in such situations. Please share your experience in details, "each interview experience is a teacher"