• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

lol... "ki guy" guy indeed. Anyway, good luck to you.

Hahaha, munange, the ki guy(my current husband) got me out of school when I had just completed S.5. I produced one kid and we wedded then I produced another one and then started the IT certificate now am doing a diploma IT courtesy of my husband. So we are 4 My husband and I plus two boys.

Just curious. When you have passed the interview, which documents are retained. I know one of them is the passport. Now, who stamps the visa on the passport? is that done in the kenyan embassy or the passport is sent to US for stamping?

Hey guys, been away for a while now. We had a safe flight on saturday. My 5 yr old boy enjoyed the flight so much but the young one cried all the way. 'mummy am going to fall, i want to sit with papa, well a friend advised me that no windows for him next time. This place is COLD. Cold kabisa. Anyways, we went to IOM today and did our day one medicals. It was a bit hectic, too many people there but we managed to do everything. They photographed us, made copies of our passports. They then wrote out a coupon slip for us and we moved on to the vaccinations room where they included the required vaccinations for us and our total bill for a family of 2 adults and 2 children came to $1,069. We then went for blood tests then xray and went to the bank to pay. They actually advise you to do your blood tests and xrays and go to the bank on your way home. After we paid, we took back the receipt but were advised to take it back on thursday when we return for vaccines and kids TB test results. While there i met a couple from Kenya i told them about the forum. They have a grade below C plain, i gave them the facts and experiences from the forum and told them there's hope if they have a diploma of 2 years training or degree. I hope the best for them.

Where exactly is this IOM hospital situated? which matatu do you take from town? which stage?

lol... "ki guy" guy indeed. Anyway, good luck to you.

Hahaha, munange, the ki guy(my current husband) got me out of school when I had just completed S.5. I produced one kid and we wedded then I produced another one and then started the IT certificate now am doing a diploma IT courtesy of my husband. So we are 4 My husband and I plus two boys.

Thanks and thanks for the advice I will keep on posting the progress.

Important Visa Interview Notices
You should be aware of the following information prior to your visa interview:

Failure to complete the medical examination prior to the visa interview can lead to possible refusal.
Failure to bring a copy of the appointment letter to the interview may delay the interview
Advance assurance that a visa will be issued cannot be given. A consular officer can make a decision only after your formal application and documents are reviewed, and you are interviewed.
DO NOT make arrangements to travel to the U.S., to dispose of property, or to resign employment until the visa has been issued.
An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination validity expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months. You must arrive and apply for admission in the United States before the visa Expiration Date.
The interviewing officer will try to conduct the visa interview quickly; however, several hours may pass before final action can be taken. If problems arise, you may not receive a visa on the day of the appointment and may have to visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate again.
If you, your spouse and/or children who were previously issued J1 visas, and were admitted to the U.S. under INA 101(a)(15)(J), and studied, worked, lived, or are now in the United States as exchange visitors, you and/or they may need to satisfy a two-year foreign residence and physical presence requirement.
An immigrant visa may not be issued to an applicant found to be ineligible under section 212(e). The consular officer will advise those affected by this requirement about how to become eligible.
Applicants whose 21st birthday is before the appointment date should immediately contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where the interview will occur to request an earlier appointment. Failure to receive a visa before the applicant's 21st birthday may make the applicant ineligible for an immigrant visa at this time.
Failure to Appear
Intending immigrants have one year after notification of the visa interview appointment schedule from the NVC to pursue a visa or the visa application and any approved visa petition for the applicant will be cancelled.

Immigrants Advised to Carry Immunization and Other Records to United States
Immigrant children entering the U.S. must show a record of complete immunization to enroll in school. Therefore, the US Public Health Services (USPHS) strongly recommends that children have evidence from a physician documenting immunity, or a record of immunizations. During the Medical Examination panel physicians will advise applicants of this recommendation and urge them to obtain evidence from a physician, local health department, or school prior to departure

Hi Zara the thing they said yesterday about a positive test result is you will have to be treated first before you are allowed to travel. Turns out the treatment is a course of 6 months, Am not sure about the classifications but man, remember the visa is also valid for only 6 months. We need to find out what options may be available for one not to lose their visa. Its quite scary, am also waiting for our results and not knowing quite what to expect, so i feel you.

Thank you. I hope everything will be okay with your results.

thank you bro jmigwi for answering family !God bless you also remember Family 2133 that all good things comes from the lord apart from selectees reading the post i strongly encourage you to also spare a minute for the verse posted by our loving brothers and sisters! anyway can someone tell me more about the state of colorado because in Gods name i will be there next year thank you peeps and i wish you all the best in your endeavors more so peeps facing the CO !THANK YOU AND GOD LOVES YOU JAMES 1;17

2014AF00073XXX

thank you bro jmigwi for answering family !God bless you also remember Family 2133 that all good things comes from the lord apart from selectees reading the post i strongly encourage you to also spare a minute for the verse posted by our loving brothers and sisters! anyway can someone tell me more about the state of colorado because in Gods name i will be there next year thank you peeps and i wish you all the best in your endeavors more so peeps facing the CO !THANK YOU AND GOD LOVES YOU JAMES 1;17

2014AF00073XXX
Thanks Akelloh for encouraging me, I am now strong what come may. All I know about Colorado is that its among the first ten richest states of US and so cost of living may be a bit high. Follow the link below for more info
http://247wallst.com/investing/2011/09/15/the-weathiest-states-in-america/2/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your information family ! but lets keep the faith and trust in the lord ! 2014 members should start being active and would like 2 add that we indicate our 4n numbers if possible !anyway all the best to all those facing the CO! JAMES 1;17 HE LOVES YOU

2014AF00073XXX

thanks for your information family ! but lets keep the faith and trust in the lord ! 2014 members should start being active and would like 2 add that we indicate our 4n numbers if possible !anyway all the best to all those facing the CO! JAMES 1;17 HE LOVES YOU

2014AF00073XXX

1st Update you signature please all the best, as you organize the 2014 forum. Guys you need to go through previous threads I went through 2012 dv forum you can start from there.:)

Today's Devotion
God is going to open the Windows of heaven and pour out Oceans of surprises!!! THE ONLY CATCH is OBEDIENCE. I declare that we shall be found in Him each and every day of your life.

Enoo you need to calm down and stop panicking, you've been given good advice. Please read through the past posts you'll see many interview experiences all of us posted them.

Most of your questions have been answered in the recent past.

True..Enoo please start reading from page one

1st Update you signature please all the best, as you organize the 2014 forum. Guys you need to go through previous threads I went through 2012 dv forum you can start from there.:)

Nickelly, how are you? The 2014 guys you need to relax and go through the 2012, 2013 forum. 90% of what is your concern is covered in this 2 forums. I remember i went through almost everything in this whole site and by the time i was through, i had all doubts and qs answered. Take your time and go through them. We also had a routine of all members updating their signatures. By looking at your signature you can be well advised by members in all your qs. Pls make Makiki proud she enforced this rule fiercely.

Hi, I have a worry. My son has cough and the dad insists its an allergic reaction to the cold in Nairobi. We are having vaccines tomorrow and am worried especially about
pcv _ pneumococcal vaccine. Is it safe for him given his condition? Am worried kabisa.

Hi, I have a worry. My son has cough and the dad insists its an allergic reaction to the cold in Nairobi. We are having vaccines tomorrow and am worried especially about
pcv _ pneumococcal vaccine. Is it safe for him given his condition? Am worried kabisa.

Kindly let the hospital or the doc administering the Vcs to be aware of your worry and his condition before you go ahead. Am sure he will be able to reassure or give an alternative.