• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Do not worry. You are good to go. You have met the minimum requirement of o level certificate.
Dear Ash, thanks for your help, am so sorry that your visa was denied, share with us your interview experience.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Case no : 2014AF00011***
Checked : May 1st 2013
Forms : 10th May 2013 Tracked using FedEx
Reached KCC : 14th May 2013, Signed for by T. Campbel
KCC confirmed : 13th June 2013
2nd NL : Sept/Oct 2013, God willing
Medicals : Not yet
Police cert : Not yet
Interview : Not yet
P.O.E : Edmond, Oklahoma

Kindly tell us the cost of living on US. I need to hear more about Minnesota and texas. Which of the two states is better?

Both states are good so it will depend on who is gonna host you. Lakini so far what i know jobs in both states are easy to get but its cold in MN and hot in TX

Both states are good so it will depend on who is gonna host you. Lakini so far what i know jobs in both states are easy to get but its cold in MN and hot in TX

And I am allergic to cold weather yet my hosts are in MN. what can I do now!!

Congs for day one success. All will be well all through. Good luck to you and your family.

Hey guys, been away for a while now. We had a safe flight on saturday. My 5 yr old boy enjoyed the flight so much but the young one cried all the way. 'mummy am going to fall, i want to sit with papa, well a friend advised me that no windows for him next time. This place is COLD. Cold kabisa. Anyways, we went to IOM today and did our day one medicals. It was a bit hectic, too many people there but we managed to do everything. They photographed us, made copies of our passports. They then wrote out a coupon slip for us and we moved on to the vaccinations room where they included the required vaccinations for us and our total bill for a family of 2 adults and 2 children came to $1,069. We then went for blood tests then xray and went to the bank to pay. They actually advise you to do your blood tests and xrays and go to the bank on your way home. After we paid, we took back the receipt but were advised to take it back on thursday when we return for vaccines and kids TB test results. While there i met a couple from Kenya i told them about the forum. They have a grade below C plain, i gave them the facts and experiences from the forum and told them there's hope if they have a diploma of 2 years training or degree. I hope the best for them.

You are welcome. My records were not updated by kcc so my baby was not included in my file. I did not send the birth cert to kcc.

Dear Ash, thanks for your help, am so sorry that your visa was denied, share with us your interview experience.

has anyone heard about a single man with more than C plain KCSE and all other documents being denied a DV lottery visa?

You are welcome. My records were not updated by kcc so my baby was not included in my file. I did not send the birth cert to kcc.

Sorry, But I thought that we are supposed to present such documents to the embassy. Which country are you coming from.

You will not even be allowed to do the interview if you have TB. You'll have to be treated first. When you are cleared by the IOM medicals, then you can do the interview.

In fact, in my case and many others, you go to the interview and if your medicals have not arrived at the embassy, you are asked to wait for them the see the results, before you can continue with the interview process.

Hello All,
Can a positive test result for Quantiferon TB cause any issue for the visa approval?

Thanks

has anyone heard about a single man with more than C plain KCSE and all other documents being denied a DV lottery visa?
Sure it can happen, may be his police cert was not good or they may have suspected that his academic qualifications are fake

Yah, that was what i thought too. Am from Uganda.
Sorry, But I thought that we are supposed to present such documents to the embassy. Which country are you coming from.

You didn't do A-level? Otherwise, looks like you are anyway covered. O-level is the basic requirement.

Dear members ,
I need your help to review my academic qualifications and determine whether I qualify or not.
I have a UNEB O-level certificate(UCE) where I have six(6) passes(including Maths and English) out of 10 subjects sat, and out of the six passed I have 4 credits.
After O-level, I joined university and obtained a certificate in Information Technology(1year of study 2012) where I obtained a GPA of 3.15, right now I am pursuing a Diploma in Information technology(Year1 of 2 years of study). I have never worked and on the forms sent to KCC I indicated that am a student who has never worked before.
Whoever has an idea pls help me to analyze and advice me whether to continue with medicals or to abandon this golden opportunity.
We are 4 pple in the family which means 330$ times 4 = 1320$ plus costs for medicals,travel and other additional costs, this will be a lot of money wasted if am denied, so that's why I am worried to continueconfused:. However, the rest of the qualifications am Ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You will not even be allowed to do the interview if you have TB. You'll have to be treated first. When you are cleared by the IOM medicals, then you can do the interview.

In fact, in my case and many others, you go to the interview and if your medicals have not arrived at the embassy, you are asked to wait for them the see the results, before you can continue with the interview process.

Dear Uganda1, help me review my eligibility via academic qualifications, I also come from Uganda.
I have a UNEB O-level certificate(UCE) where I have six(6) passes(including Maths and English) out of 10 subjects sat, and out of the six passed I have 4 credits.
After O-level, I joined university and obtained a certificate in Information Technology(1year of study 2012) where I obtained a GPA of 3.15, right now I am pursuing a Diploma in Information technology(Year1 of 2 years of study). I have never worked and on the forms sent to KCC I indicated that am a student who has never worked before.

Zara, you have been answered by Ug1. Treatment
first before the interview.

You didn't do A-level? Otherwise, looks like you are anyway covered. O-level is the basic requirement.

Thanks Uganda1, now my worry are the grades , according to my performance, do u think that it is equivalent to a Kenyan C plain which is the minimum for Kenyans

Your academics are ok, I'm just wondering about your family. You sound young, still on campus, so how come you have a family of 4? Are you married with kids or what?

Thanks Uganda1, now my worry are the grades , according to my performance, do u think that it is equivalent to a Kenyan C plain which is the minimum for Kenyans

Your academics are ok, I'm just wondering about your family. You sound young, still on campus, so how come you have a family of 4? Are you married with kids or what?

Hahaha, munange, the ki guy(my current husband) got me out of school when I had just completed S.5. I produced one kid and we wedded then I produced another one and then started the IT certificate now am doing a diploma IT courtesy of my husband. So we are 4 My husband and I plus two boys.

Enoo you need to calm down and stop panicking, you've been given good advice. Please read through the past posts you'll see many interview experiences all of us posted them.

Most of your questions have been answered in the recent past.

Dear members ,
I need your help to review my academic qualifications and determine whether I qualify or not.
Whoever has an idea pls help me to analyze and advice me whether to continue with medicals or to abandon this golden opportunity.
We are 4 pple in the family which means 330$ times 4 = 1320$ plus costs for medicals,travel and other additional costs, this will be a lot of money wasted if am denied, so that's why I am worried to continueconfused:. However, the rest of the qualifications am Ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

please go ahead with the interview, God has given you this opportunity our prayer is that He shall see you through to the ens. Please also remember it's God in control, there are those who have gone with perfect papers but have been denied, there are those who didn't have much to show and they have been given.
Put your faith in God and walk there in confidence. God is able.

Thank you so much for these words of encouragement.
Hi,

please go ahead with the interview, God has given you this opportunity our prayer is that He shall see you through to the ens. Please also remember it's God in control, there are those who have gone with perfect papers but have been denied, there are those who didn't have much to show and they have been given.
Put your faith in God and walk there in confidence. God is able.