• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Thanks a lot for the accurate info, will follow steps vizuri. What could we do without this forum ?? It's God sent ...:)

So yesterday we were going to pick a state ID for my hubby and on our way my host decided that i drive, this was my forth day driving a car hehehehe so there i was trying my best and on the highway reaching at some turning point with so many cars and lights i struggled to bend the corner and get on ahead but what do i see a police car hahahaha so this police man sees how wreck-less i was and followed us right behind me he put the lights on like we see it in the movie. My hubby says stop instead of me breaking i accelerated ooops what have i done then i break and stop.

Policeman "Ma'am what's the matter?"
Me "I just took over from her coz she felt a sharp pain in her stomach on our way and i dont know how to drive so am taking her to see a doctor"
Policeman "Hold on let me call an ambulance"

so he call an ambulance for the sick person. In less than 5 minutes an ambulance was there followed by a fire vehicle with around 6 white men. The ambulance parked right ahead of us and the fire one behind us just incase something happens. The men from those two vehicles hurry up, remove there shoes and put on overalls and gloves. One heads toward our car and opens it sees everything is ok. I got out of the driving seat, another tells us that he is going to drive the car and park it right at the gas station and they check on our patient, so i say yes he drives there and all other vehicles drive there and park. Another gentleman asks if the 'supposed to be' patient can be able to walk to the ambulance she says yes. They took her in the ambulance and start a thorough check up on her. All this time the policeman parked behind the fire vehicle NOT interrupting them nor asking us questions.

They get everything done, they made sure she is ok and get her out of the ambulance. They tell us to rest abit before she drives or call someone who can be able to drive so as he drives us home then they left us.

Policeman "Next time dont drive if dont have a driving licence otherwise you'll be in jail"
Me "Yes Sir"
Policeman "Ma'am why didnt you allow them to take you to the hospital"
My Host "I dont want any bills, am ok"
Policeman "so you prefer paying for a wrecked car"
My host "No Sir"
Policeman "Ok goodbye and please take care"
Us "Byee, Thank you"

Yaani ni kama Nvindeo it was so sincere and very polite, caring of them to take care of us na tulikua tumedanganya. Americans really love their work and they value people's health. Tulishangaa sana. So am trying to get a learners driving permit ndio i go back to the road otherwise wametukatishia sana.

Oh Makiki, i have so loved your story, why? well, i have been a fool all these years having my husband drop me off to work and pick me. The first time i went to driving school, i came out as raw as i went in, (ok maybe not) but because of this DV thing i resolved to go back again in May and now i do have a permit but am not yet perfect. Its a relief to see another person with the same problem as mine hihihi.

So yesterday we were going to pick a state ID for my hubby and on our way my host decided that i drive, this was my forth day driving a car hehehehe so there i was trying my best and on the highway reaching at some turning point with so many cars and lights i struggled to bend the corner and get on ahead but what do i see a police car hahahaha so this police man sees how wreck-less i was and followed us right behind me he put the lights on like we see it in the movie. My hubby says stop instead of me breaking i accelerated ooops what have i done then i break and stop.

Policeman "Ma'am what's the matter?"
Me "I just took over from her coz she felt a sharp pain in her stomach on our way and i dont know how to drive so am taking her to see a doctor"
Policeman "Hold on let me call an ambulance"

so he call an ambulance for the sick person. In less than 5 minutes an ambulance was there followed by a fire vehicle with around 6 white men. The ambulance parked right ahead of us and the fire one behind us just incase something happens. The men from those two vehicles hurry up, remove there shoes and put on overalls and gloves. One heads toward our car and opens it sees everything is ok. I got out of the driving seat, another tells us that he is going to drive the car and park it right at the gas station and they check on our patient, so i say yes he drives there and all other vehicles drive there and park. Another gentleman asks if the 'supposed to be' patient can be able to walk to the ambulance she says yes. They took her in the ambulance and start a thorough check up on her. All this time the policeman parked behind the fire vehicle NOT interrupting them nor asking us questions.

They get everything done, they made sure she is ok and get her out of the ambulance. They tell us to rest abit before she drives or call someone who can be able to drive so as he drives us home then they left us.

Policeman "Next time dont drive if dont have a driving licence otherwise you'll be in jail"
Me "Yes Sir"
Policeman "Ma'am why didnt you allow them to take you to the hospital"
My Host "I dont want any bills, am ok"
Policeman "so you prefer paying for a wrecked car"
My host "No Sir"
Policeman "Ok goodbye and please take care"
Us "Byee, Thank you"

Yaani ni kama Nvindeo it was so sincere and very polite, caring of them to take care of us na tulikua tumedanganya. Americans really love their work and they value people's health. Tulishangaa sana. So am trying to get a learners driving permit ndio i go back to the road otherwise wametukatishia sana.

Heheeee.Hii ni more than vindio na ndrama.Makiki u rock.Nimecheka yangu yote.You are so bright yaani.

I can see folks are still holding up here. Good stuff, this forum really helped me through my application and initial settling down in the states. Thanks to the 2011 lot. Our 2012 thread was rather dormant. Its now 1 year into the stateside and its been bitter sweet can't quite complain now that I'm all settled down after some moving up and down in three different states. Anyways good luck to those looking forward to their interviews, safe travel for those traveling soon. For those who are in IT, that's what I do it sells here checkout sites like dice, monster, career builder and indeed. Tweak your resumes, do a search online for proper formatting, what we use in Kenya won't work here. Once you get here, get your driving permits as soon as you can, some jobs require you to have reliable means of transport, make sure you secure your GC and SSN at least after a month and hit the ground running. Another key thing, once you start getting a paycheck start building your credit. Checkout capital one you can setup a secured credit card to build your credit. Good credit history is like gold here, some jobs require you to have good credit, renting apartments, buying cars/homes etc trust me it comes in handy. At the top of my head those are the key pointers.

This is very good info. Thank you and may God continue to bless you.

The journey has officially began i booked the medicals 2nd week of july.i went personally i wanted to have an early appointment to avoid any delays.

Lottery winner late 2013, help please!!!!!

Good found!
4 Days ago I found out that my husband is winner of visa lottery 2013 extraction May,1 2012,i e-mail to USA embassy in Bucharest, their response was that we still have time,I've sent them to the documents 20.06.13 KCC "I would like to know how much time I will have an answer from KCC. how to check of the reply
thank you

There is still ample time, you will only need to use Express Mail like DHL in returning all documents e.g to Kentucky..Kindly post His Case Number for more assistance from other forum members.

what is your case no. you just check using the confirmation no. just like you did and go the first one what you should hurry to look for is passport if you don't have yet, money for medicals and visa interview coz they can second the second later sooner than you least expect it. otherwise all the best.
Good found!
4 Days ago I found out that my husband is winner of visa lottery 2013 extraction May,1 2012,i e-mail to USA embassy in Bucharest, their response was that we still have time,I've sent them to the documents 20.06.13 KCC "I would like to know how much time I will have an answer from KCC. how to check of the reply
thank you