• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Hi Lucy10,

please send an email to ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov they should be able to assist you.

Once they release your visa you should receive an email like this.

Dear ....................., This email is to inform you that a document has been submitted to the courier by the U.S. consular section for return to you. On average, it takes one to two business days for the package to be available. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration. The air waybill tracking number for the package is.............. You will need this number to receive your document. For additional information on the current tracking status of the document, the delivery location, or for a list of identification required to receive the document, please log into our website at http://usvisa-info.com. Please remember that you must use your passport number, date of birth, and nationality to log into the system. For your reference, the passport number we have on file is:.......... Your documents will be available for pick-up at: .............................. Note: Documents not retrieved within 20-30 days (depending on country) will be returned to the Embassy/ Consular Section. For documents belonging to minors, parents must bring a copy of the birth certificate. If the person collecting the document is not a parent, you will need a notarized power of attorney and a photocopy of the ID of legal representative issuing the letter. Changes made to the courier location after this notification, will not be processed. Sincerely, The Visa Information Service

I already wrote to the embassy, using that adress you said on Monday
but no answer.

Patience my dear! Expect a reply within 5 working days. There are so many people who've sent queries and they normally respond in the order the queries were received. They take time to clear the backlog
I already wrote to the embassy, using that adress you said on Monday
but no answer.

Patience my dear! Expect a reply within 5 working days. There are so many people who've sent queries and they normally respond in the order the queries were received. They take time to clear the backlog
Yes thank you.
may be it is because during the interview I did not fill the form saying the location where I would like to pick up our visa.

Hi Mates,

We're still praying for those with interviews and for all to be current in the next bulletin.

My time has come to depart, i leave on Sunday. Will keep you updated and of course will assist where i can.

God Bless

All the best Jmigwi have a safe journey

Yes thank you.
may be it is because during the interview I did not fill the form saying the location where I would like to pick up our visa.

When you filled the DHL through the we site did you indicate the place where you will pick your Passport, coz they normally ask you the location dear?

Official Visa Services of the United States of America
Please select the country where you will be applying.
Africa

Kenya
South Africa

Tanzania
Uganda
Africa

Kenya
South Africa

Tanzania
Uganda
Did you follow the following instructions
IV Applicant needing to schedule or reschedule an appointment:
If you need only to register for courier service and do not need to schedule/reschedule an appointment, please review the instructions below.
1. Click on Login on the top of the page.
2. Confirm that you have read the disclaimer information you will be taken to a page where you can enter your passport number, date of birth and nationality (country that issued your passport).
3. Once you've entered that information you will be taken to an Applicant Summary page.
4. Select "Schedule Appointment."
5. Select the appropriate trip purpose, then select from the following as indicated in your letter:
o Scheduled by NVC --> Register for Courier, or
o Schedule by NVC --> Schedule New Appointment, or
o Consulate has Asked You to Schedule
6. Select the consular location at which your appointment has been scheduled, and click in the box on the Authorized to Schedule page
7. Select your DHL pickup location.
8. Enter your applicant’s information. Click "Submit."
9. Add family members and repeat as needed.
10. Click "Continue" on the Applicant and Family Summary page.
11. Select date and time of appointment(s).
12. Confirm each appointment.
13. Review appointment confirmation and applicant information.
If you were not given an appointment or told by the consular section to schedule, you should not do so. You will be turned away if your application is not yet ready for processing, even if you schedule an appointment.
Further information about Immigrant Visa Processing in Kenya may be found at the Embassy Web site at http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html.

Dear Nickelly
the problem is that while registering to DHL, there is nothing like this

Scheduled by NVC --> Register for Courier

only come immigrant scheduled by KCC - Diversity Lottery
no NVC, I think may be it is because i am not in Kenya.

Dear Nickelly
the problem is that while registering to DHL, there is nothing like this

only come immigrant scheduled by KCC - Diversity Lottery
no NVC, I think may be it is because i am not in Kenya.
Did you specifically choose kenya coz that's where your passport was send. Did you go to their E mail to register for your DHL coz they can not give you your passport and you cannot walk in at any DHL unless you have The air waybill tracking number for the package. Have you gotten any e Mail ( Visa Information services )stating that your document is on transit from U.S consular section?

I did not receive any email.
how to go their email in order to register to DHL.
and while I was registering there was nothing about DHL
after selecting "schedule appointment"

this came
immigrant scheduled by KCC - Diversity Lottery
and nothing about NVC

and I was block there,even if I try the link "contact us " It does not work

Official Visa Services of the United States of America choose Africa Kenya create an account/sign in if you had registered if not create account.then go through the declare ,confirm then follow the instructions:
Applicant Needing to Register for DHL

If you need only to register for courier service and do not need to schedule/reschedule an appointment, please review the instructions below.

Click on Login on the top of the page.
Confirm that you have read the disclaimer information you will be taken to a page where you can enter your passport number, date of birth and nationality (country that issued your passport).
Once you've entered that information you will be taken to an Applicant Summary page.
Select "Schedule Appointment" or "Register For Courier Service."

Note: You will not need to actually schedule an appointment if you've already been provided one by the NVC or KCC. You will be able to enter in all your personal information.
Select the appropriate trip purpose, then select:
Select the consular location at which your appointment has been scheduled, and click in the box on the Authorized to Schedule page (again, you will not need to actually schedule an appointment).
Select your DHL pickup location.

Once you've confirmed your DHL location by clicking submit, you may log out of the system until it is time to come back to check the status of your document for pickup after your appointment.

I did not receive any email.
how to go their email in order to register to DHL.
and while I was registering there was nothing about DHL
after selecting "schedule appointment"

this came
immigrant scheduled by KCC - Diversity Lottery
and nothing about NVC

and I was block there,even if I try the link "contact us " It does not work

Text me i have send a private message

I'm in Nairobi for a conference and took sometime to visit the new IOM office in Gigiri and would like to share some info.

For those that have booked a medical, you will have received an email asking you to collect payment coupons, these help you make your vaccination payments in advance, but you need to show up with all your medical records (vaccination cards, etc), so they can decide what you still have to get. However, it also ok to come on the day of your interview and get the coupons then, since the the vaccinations are done over 2 days, you can pay before you come back for Day2. This is especially helpful for those not based in Nairobi.

In terms of location, the centre is on United Nations Crescent. As of yesterday, when I passed, they had not yet put up a sign post, and since they are new in the area, asking for directions to IOM from people on the street or even guards at the UN is totally useless, you'll be sent to the old offices, since that is what they know. Instead, ask for directions to TARA-SUITS, they are right next door, and those are known. So you'll get to the IOM easily.

The IOM sign posts from the old location where in the compound, so I imagine they will soon be put up, but in the meantime, this should help you get to the centre.

Thank you for this info.
Helps alot

Abu Hamza, with the time difference; I think while you will be celebrating, I'll be in my interview getting grilled, or not (fingers crossed).

MEDICALS
Matatu no 108 stage near Savanis Bookshop on accra road and alight at UN avenue. go straight on the UN avenue and the 1st turn on the left to Gigiri police station is the route to take going down till gate no.78
Day1
chest X-ray and blood drawn for syphilis test after counseling
one is given payment coupon to go and pay money at CBA bank at village market which is a few meters away
Day 2
Physical checkup and vaccinations
all this costed me ksh23310.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Appreciated.
I wrote an email to the consular guys regarding the affidavit thing and this is the conversation:

Abu Hamza:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been scheduled to undertake my DV interview on June 5th, 2013. I wish to get confirmation of the same and also inquire on the school certificates of whether they should be certified. In addition to that, I wish to inquire on whether I would be required to get the affidavit of evidence from my hosts in the United States.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Consular guys:

Embassy of the United States of America

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6492

Dear Mr. Abu Hamza,

Thank you for your email. Please note that you do not need to certify the certificates and also we do not need an affidavit of evidence from your hosts in The US.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 5

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy Nairobi

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Abu Hamza, with the time difference; I think while you will be celebrating, I'll be in my interview getting grilled, or not (fingers crossed).

all d best, winner! By d way where r u doin the interviews? Am I the only one or days r moving at a snail pace? seriously anxiety and uncertainty has completely overtaken me.

MEDICALS
Matatu no 108 alight at UN avenue. go straight on the UN avenue and the 1st turn on the left to Gigiri police station is the route to take going down till gate no.78
Day1
chest X-ray and blood drawn for syphilis test after counseling
one is given payment coupon to go and pay money at CBA bank at village market which is afew meters away
Day 2
Physical checkup and vaccinations
all this costed me ksh23310.

Thx 4 d useful in4. it'll b definitely useful.