• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When something is mearnt for you, no one can
take it away. You will get it soon.

A brief history: Back in 2006 i applied for the DV2008...Through my hubby's we had been selected....Funny thing was We found out too late. In those days notifications came thro post office. We happened to share a post box with my hubbies family....My father in law stumbled upon a pile of 'trash' that were to be thrown out...So he find the envelope and informs my hubby who at the time was hospitalised. Since my dad in law dint know what it was he opened and saw the words 'green card' He quickly rushed the envelope and its contents to hospital....[It had arrived in Feb and this was October 2007] we filled it and i later mailed it. Few months had gone by....in Feb 2008 we got a call from our host who told us to start getting ready....To date we never received the 2nd NL...I know it was mailed but someone had hid it. I knew who[with much enthusiasm they kept the post box key and they released it after i guess the 2nd NL came(they were so against us 'leaving')] but couldn't proof....So For you who get that opportunity work at making it happen. After much persuasion from a buddy i applied for the DV2014....At least now they notify you online...Don't be faint hearted this is a great opportunity especially for those who want to advance in their studies....

A brief history: Back in 2006 i applied for the DV2008...Through my hubby's we had been selected....Funny thing was We found out too late. In those days notifications came thro post office. We happened to share a post box with my hubbies family....My father in law stumbled upon a pile of 'trash' that were to be thrown out...So he find the envelope and informs my hubby who at the time was hospitalised. Since my dad in law dint know what it was he opened and saw the words 'green card' He quickly rushed the envelope and its contents to hospital....[It had arrived in Feb and this was October 2007] we filled it and i later mailed it. Few months had gone by....in Feb 2008 we got a call from our host who told us to start getting ready....To date we never received the 2nd NL...I know it was mailed but someone had hid it. I knew who[with much enthusiasm they kept the post box key and they released it after i guess the 2nd NL came(they were so against us 'leaving')] but couldn't proof....So For you who get that opportunity work at making it happen. After much persuasion from a buddy i applied for the DV2014....At least now they notify you online...Don't be faint hearted this is a great opportunity especially for those who want to advance in their studies....

May God remember you again this time all the best:)

Today's devotion
Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in ADONAI will renew their strength, they will soar aloft as with eagles' wings; when they are running they won't grow weary, when they are walking they won't get tired.:)

DEDICATION TO Gabam, Lucy10, Jarmsbi, Mjamuhuri, Sami and Jesyka

I have gone through the DV 2010 winners from Kenya and the story of this guy called Mjamaa is so so i dont know how to put it but if you start right from page 7 and get to page 11 where he goes to the embassy and is put on AP on 10th of September those of you who are in hurry to get out of AP if you were in his shoes i think your blood pressure would have shoot so HIGH by 1st October in page 12 where he says that he'd called KCC and the answered him that "they dont have anything to do with the matter as the consulate is responsible for answering his queries". Mjamaa now has accepted that the DV is over and life has to go on but he has to call the Consulate so that he can get his passport back on 6th October page 13 where he is told that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . please read that story if you are on AP and relax for you still have 5 months for the dv2013 to close curtains. Until your God says its over no one should Discourage you. Be positive and see that visa in your passport
Very nice piece, yeah certainly the guy needed his passport.

CONGRATS to all who are current go collect your visas, the Lord had already done it for you. just prepare well and arrange ur file well. "One important key to success is self-confidence.An important key to self-confidence is preparation".

and God with us. thank you misses

Am happy for all you who are current...God's guidance as you prepare and I also pray that whatever it is you need esp finances that God will avail them to you...For those still waiting to be current....May God clothe you with patience...:D

thank you shorrie and amen. coming may 1st i am waiting to hear you have been selected

God had a reason for letting that happen back then. trust His will and timming.

DEDICATION TO Gabam, Lucy10, Jarmsbi, Mjamuhuri, Sami and Jesyka

I have gone through the DV 2010 winners from Kenya and the story of this guy called Mjamaa is so so i dont know how to put it but if you start right from page 7 and get to page 11 where he goes to the embassy and is put on AP on 10th of September those of you who are in hurry to get out of AP if you were in his shoes i think your blood pressure would have shoot so HIGH by 1st October in page 12 where he says that he'd called KCC and the answered him that "they dont have anything to do with the matter as the consulate is responsible for answering his queries". Mjamaa now has accepted that the DV is over and life has to go on but he has to call the Consulate so that he can get his passport back on 6th October page 13 where he is told that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . please read that story if you are on AP and relax for you still have 5 months for the dv2013 to close curtains. Until your God says its over no one should Discourage you. Be positive and see that visa in your passport

Thanx very much Makiki and also for this encouraging message all will be well and they will clear all in the ap process. God is good always good and He works in ways we can't see.

Important Visa Interview Notices

You should be aware of the following information prior to your visa interview:

Failure to complete the medical examination prior to the visa interview can lead to possible refusal.
Failure to bring a copy of the appointment letter to the interview may delay the interview
Advance assurance that a visa will be issued cannot be given. A consular officer can make a decision only after your formal application and documents are reviewed, and you are interviewed.
DO NOT make arrangements to travel to the U.S., to dispose of property, or to resign employment until the visa has been issued.
An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination validity expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months. You must arrive and apply for admission in the United States before the visa Expiration Date.
The interviewing officer will try to conduct the visa interview quickly; however, several hours may pass before final action can be taken. If problems arise, you may not receive a visa on the day of the appointment and may have to visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate again.
If you, your spouse and/or children who were previously issued J1 visas, and were admitted to the U.S. under INA 101(a)(15)(J), and studied, worked, lived, or are now in the United States as exchange visitors, you and/or they may need to satisfy a two-year foreign residence and physical presence requirement.
An immigrant visa may not be issued to an applicant found to be ineligible under section 212(e). The consular officer will advise those affected by this requirement about how to become eligible.
Applicants whose 21st birthday is before the appointment date should immediately contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where the interview will occur to request an earlier appointment. Failure to receive a visa before the applicant's 21st birthday may make the applicant ineligible for an immigrant visa at this time.

Important Visa Interview Notices

You should be aware of the following information prior to your visa interview:

Failure to complete the medical examination prior to the visa interview can lead to possible refusal.
Failure to bring a copy of the appointment letter to the interview may delay the interview
Advance assurance that a visa will be issued cannot be given. A consular officer can make a decision only after your formal application and documents are reviewed, and you are interviewed.
DO NOT make arrangements to travel to the U.S., to dispose of property, or to resign employment until the visa has been issued.
An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination validity expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months. You must arrive and apply for admission in the United States before the visa Expiration Date.
The interviewing officer will try to conduct the visa interview quickly; however, several hours may pass before final action can be taken. If problems arise, you may not receive a visa on the day of the appointment and may have to visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate again.
If you, your spouse and/or children who were previously issued J1 visas, and were admitted to the U.S. under INA 101(a)(15)(J), and studied, worked, lived, or are now in the United States as exchange visitors, you and/or they may need to satisfy a two-year foreign residence and physical presence requirement.
An immigrant visa may not be issued to an applicant found to be ineligible under section 212(e). The consular officer will advise those affected by this requirement about how to become eligible.
Applicants whose 21st birthday is before the appointment date should immediately contact the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where the interview will occur to request an earlier appointment. Failure to receive a visa before the applicant's 21st birthday may make the applicant ineligible for an immigrant visa at this time.

Thanx essieta for the reminder, over to class