• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I never expected my appointment to be that soon. It is 11th June and I have not even done police certificates and passports for my children. But I know GOD is in control. I am also thinking of rescheduling. What is the risk of rescheduling? Am I sure that I will get an appointment by 30th Sept if I reschedule? Someone advice me. GOD bless you all
If only you knew how risk it is to do that. At this time you want to reschedule when even people with high case numbers are crossing their fingers to receive 2NL. Anyway it is your wish and if it is necessary go ahead and do it. BUT, If i were you i will NOT

Thanks Ash. My worry is, am I the one to fix the date or is it the Embassy which gives me a new date? Please help.

Resheduling to when? In my opinion how far you stretch it is what counts, but then if the Dv rules cater for rescheduling then isn't that safe enough? other forumites build on that.

Hy guys! Bin trying forever to log in bt with little success. Sorry for the late post bt shughuli za life ndo mingi. Anyway got my 2nl last night the 12th April 2013 and my interview will b on 5th Jun 2013. Praise n thanks b to the One God.

Hy guys! Bin trying forever to log in bt with little success. Sorry for the late post bt shughuli za life ndo mingi. Anyway got my 2nl last night the 12th April 2013 and my interview will b on 5th Jun 2013. Praise n thanks b to the One God.

Congs Abu Hamza, go pick visa

What are the necessities that one needs to settle so fast in their house and leave the host to breathe again?

Mama Kiki, make sure when you land you visit the ssn office and apply for it asap. Insist on applying for it cos they might tell you to go and wait since you applied at the POE. With the ssn applied for, you can start learning how to drive and going through the signs online. Apply for a bank account and get a secured credit card to start building your credit history.
For rental, your friend can sign a lease for you and start off immediately.

Infact those hours we'll waiting to get into the plane saa tano you'll be the one treating me at the airport till 23:30hrs

LOL..be sure to be warm,JKIA @ those hours is cold & windy.

you'll be the one treating me at the airport till 23:30hrs
Hmmm... how long will ur layover @ JKIA be?

28th..Sunday itakuwa ngumu kidogo:Sato_27th I would have been game:(.

Mama Kiki, make sure when you land you visit the ssn office and apply for it asap. Insist on applying for it cos they might tell you to go and wait since you applied at the POE. With the ssn applied for, you can start learning how to drive and going through the signs online. Apply for a bank account and get a secured credit card to start building your credit history.
For rental, your friend can sign a lease for you and start off immediately.
Thanks so much for the info. Cant wait to be there and start living the American life.

This happened to one of my close friend.They own a cyber cafe so the husband helps people with the e-dv application.Aparently one single lady she played for won.He approached her and together they decided to pose as married couple.This was done secretively withought the wife knowing.The said lady also didnt know anything to do with dv.The guy used all the family money to process,but sonce God is always watching they were denied visa sometime last month.Now no money ,the marriage is on the rocks as the wife feels betrayed

Iwe funzo...:(.

well well well this is nice go get ready for the big day bro

Ladies and gentlemen, I never expected my appointment to be that soon. It is 11th June and I have not even done police certificates and passports for my children. But I know GOD is in control. I am also thinking of rescheduling. What is the risk of rescheduling? Am I sure that I will get an appointment by 30th Sept if I reschedule? Someone advice me. GOD bless you all

Ladies and gentlemen, I never expected my appointment to be that soon. It is 11th June
Hmmm...thats almost 2months away:confused:

I have not even done police certificates and passports for my children
Police certs should take a week or so & passports_10days(according to their website).Take advantage of the "new" administration before things get back to "normal"...processing may be faster..:)

But I know GOD is in control.
Sure thing..

I am also thinking of rescheduling
It's ur call.Do note that u will "never" be "fully" prepared:rolleyes:.

What is the risk of rescheduling?
The risk is that u wont be guaranteed an interview slot.(Others may be given preference over u since u never took ur chance).On the other hand,u may be safe since the numbers are moving swiftly to mean not so many decided to pursue their cases to completion.If u were in 9ja,rescheduling would be a No-No since their numbers haven't moved to mean the uptake is very high:preferably select a date before the release of the next bulletin since I do think that it will be "current" to mean it would be free for all.

Am I sure that I will get an appointment by 30th Sept if I reschedule?
There are no guarantees(the only guarantee in life is death...talk about irony:confused::confused:)

That's my 2 cents.

neither did i expect it to be that soon too. theres so much i havent done but please try and beat it. if you cant then reschedule. but u should try.

neither did i expect it to be that soon too.
LOL..Kenyans to the bone...watu wa last minute & then seek an extension:p:p.Tuko pamoja...I haven't even handed in my passport application:p:p..tic toc.

We petition them to stretch it to Oct 30th.:D:D.

Cheers.

Resheduling to when? In my opinion how far you stretch it is what counts, but then if the Dv rules cater for rescheduling then isn't that safe enough? other forumites build on that.

Resheduling to when? In my opinion how far you stretch it is what counts,
This may be risky since he doesn't know how many are behind him thus not taking up his slot this late might not be a bright idea.

but then if the Dv rules cater for rescheduling then isn't that safe enough?
I would guess they included rescheduling for catastrophes & not for personal convenience.

Hallo.

I am very exited,n cant wait the next bulletin this is moving faster than we thought lets hit the road running n go live the american dream.:)