• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

MY EXPERIENCE THIS FAR
Just like our wonderful Makiki, I wish to sincerely thank God for what He has done for me and my family. God is good and I believe am a living testimony to those who can remember my very first question I asked when I bounced into this forum. It was about the KCSE grades and sincerely it was heartbreaking. One guy was point blank and advised that I better save the money (We are a family of four-2 adults and 2 kids) or be a soldier and fight on-if I survive I live and if I die, I die in the battle field. I decided to take the latter. Nobody could really encourage me-as my grades were nowhere near the C plain (I don want to embarrass myself here)

We got at the embassy at around 5.30am and we had to bear with the cold for sometime especially for the kids. We did the security checks and were given a number to wait and a paper that has all the information I really dreaded about KCSE grades. (Makiki has posted it for us).

We waited for a few minutes after handing in our appointment letter and we were given a number which was later called to counter no.5. I was asked to hand in all my original documents. The lady checked on my KCSE cert and asked if I know I did not qualify for a DV visa since the minimum grade is C. I explained I have seen the sheet I was given at the reception but I have some other qualifications. She asked what level and for how long did I train. I said it’s a diploma in xxxxxxx for 3 yrs. For my hubby, she only took his police report, passport, birth certificate and 2 photos. For the kids, only photos, passports and birth certificates. We were later called to counter no.1 for our finger prints, paid the interview fee and asked to go and sit outside and wait for our number to be called. At least by then there was sun for some warmth.

We were called to window 12 but the comp there jammed and moved to window 5 but the same CO.

Co: Good morning
Us: Good morning
Co: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is true? If so raise up your hands
Us: We raised our hands
Co: Then sign the forms and the husband may sign for the kids
Us: we did
Co: Thank you
Co: I want to confirm your finger prints
Us: we put our right thumps on the machine
Co: (turning to me) After high school did you go for further studies
Me: Yes
Co: What did you study?
Me: Diploma in xxxxxxx
Co: I can see the transcripts are here. How long did it take?
Me: 3 years
Co: This is a complex course for you to be admitted to with this grade. Did you do any bridging course?
Me: yes
Co: Where and for how long?
Me: in xxxxx for 2 years
Co: any evidence of that?
Me: yes (I handed the two yr course certificate and a copy to her)
Co: Since you graduated, what have you been doing?
Me: Been working
Co: Where?
Me: I responded
Co: for how long?
Me: xx yrs
Co: As what or what are your duties?
Me: I explained
Co: Do you have anything to show for that?
Me: Yea, I gave a letter I took the other day from ma employer after Makiki posted her experience
(Now turning to ma hubby)
Co: is this your wife?
Hubby: Yes
Co: When did you get married?
Hubby: xxxxxxx (said the year)
Co: Date?
Hubby: gave the date and month
Co: Am approving your visas, you will pick them after one week at the address you indicated. Thats all
Us: Thanx

That was my experience and I can confess that it was like going through a flame hoping you don get burnt and amazingly you see yourself on the other side. All glory to God our father who brings all these things to pass.

Blessed beyond measure :)

Amazing experience my dear...Congratulations

god bless kenya
god bless america
god bless nickelly she is a good counselor, this lady took me through a path that made me see the light.
Right now am looking at my visa and thanking god for granting me the desires of my heart. Oh i pray for other members to be successful as well. Inside the envelope there is a blue brochure that says "welcome to the united states a guide for new immigrants"

i thank my god. I feel like shouting "come and see what the lord has done for me, come and see"

amen

yes yes yes you are right my dear sister. ask me and i will tell you how i saw Pharaoh turn away. i know i know i know. My God is faithful, my God is GREAT.

wish there was a like button...nime ilike a thousand times

hy my fellow baboons! long tym! finally got job after tarmackin for months. Congrats to all those who received their visas while I was away n also good luck to those who'll b facing the co in their upcoming interviews.

I just wish to ask if anyone got their medicals in Mombasa

I think Jimma boy from Ethiopia got his visa. On 28th thursday he was taking his passport to the embassy after the AP.

Unfortunately, i don't know how to express what happened but after they requested me to submit passport they said again it still pending some misunderstanding might happened but ur case not ready yet. Imagine how ones feeling might be after this.

Unfortunately, i don't know how to express what happened but after they requested me to submit passport they said again it still pending some misunderstanding might happened but ur case not ready yet. Imagine how ones feeling might be after this.

All I can say is good luck brother, I know what you have been through all these months. My good wishes for you.

Best of luck!

Its gonna be ok, you will get that Visa. The wait has been a nightmare but am sure you will laugh long and loudest in the end. Be strong brother.

Hi forum mates, for all those who are waiting their interviews, do not worry!all will be well in the name of GOD lord who knows us more.

I have a question,I being the principle applicant does my family(wife n kid) have to follow the medical process that I underwent before the interview date?

I have a question,I being the principle applicant does my family(wife n kid) have to follow the medical process that I underwent before the interview date?

Yes they have to if they are travelling with u or follow u at a later date.

This is very sad. While the rest of us are stressing about when our turn will come around, you did your interview on the first day and are still held in limbo. May God touch whoever is working on your case to quick resolve any outstanding issues. Amen

This is very sad. While the rest of us are stressing about when our turn will come around, you did your interview on the first day and are still held in limbo. May God touch whoever is working on your case to quick resolve any outstanding issues. Amen
Amen to that. May our Good God see you through