• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

MY EXPERIENCE THIS FAR
Just like our wonderful Makiki, I wish to sincerely thank God for what He has done for me and my family. God is good and I believe am a living testimony to those who can remember my very first question I asked when I bounced into this forum. It was about the KCSE grades and sincerely it was heartbreaking. One guy was point blank and advised that I better save the money (We are a family of four-2 adults and 2 kids) or be a soldier and fight on-if I survive I live and if I die, I die in the battle field. I decided to take the latter. Nobody could really encourage me-as my grades were nowhere near the C plain (I don want to embarrass myself here)

We got at the embassy at around 5.30am and we had to bear with the cold for sometime especially for the kids. We did the security checks and were given a number to wait and a paper that has all the information I really dreaded about KCSE grades. (Makiki has posted it for us).

We waited for a few minutes after handing in our appointment letter and we were given a number which was later called to counter no.5. I was asked to hand in all my original documents. The lady checked on my KCSE cert and asked if I know I did not qualify for a DV visa since the minimum grade is C. I explained I have seen the sheet I was given at the reception but I have some other qualifications. She asked what level and for how long did I train. I said it’s a diploma in xxxxxxx for 3 yrs. For my hubby, she only took his police report, passport, birth certificate and 2 photos. For the kids, only photos, passports and birth certificates. We were later called to counter no.1 for our finger prints, paid the interview fee and asked to go and sit outside and wait for our number to be called. At least by then there was sun for some warmth.

We were called to window 12 but the comp there jammed and moved to window 5 but the same CO.

Co: Good morning
Us: Good morning
Co: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is true? If so raise up your hands
Us: We raised our hands
Co: Then sign the forms and the husband may sign for the kids
Us: we did
Co: Thank you
Co: I want to confirm your finger prints
Us: we put our right thumps on the machine
Co: (turning to me) After high school did you go for further studies
Me: Yes
Co: What did you study?
Me: Diploma in xxxxxxx
Co: I can see the transcripts are here. How long did it take?
Me: 3 years
Co: This is a complex course for you to be admitted to with this grade. Did you do any bridging course?
Me: yes
Co: Where and for how long?
Me: in xxxxx for 2 years
Co: any evidence of that?
Me: yes (I handed the two yr course certificate and a copy to her)
Co: Since you graduated, what have you been doing?
Me: Been working
Co: Where?
Me: I responded
Co: for how long?
Me: xx yrs
Co: As what or what are your duties?
Me: I explained
Co: Do you have anything to show for that?
Me: Yea, I gave a letter I took the other day from ma employer after Makiki posted her experience
(Now turning to ma hubby)
Co: is this your wife?
Hubby: Yes
Co: When did you get married?
Hubby: xxxxxxx (said the year)
Co: Date?
Hubby: gave the date and month
Co: Am approving your visas, you will pick them after one week at the address you indicated. Thats all
Us: Thanx

That was my experience and I can confess that it was like going through a flame hoping you don get burnt and amazingly you see yourself on the other side. All glory to God our father who brings all these things to pass.

Blessed beyond measure :)
Congratulatioooooooooon God has done it again:cool:

Psa. 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.

All shall be well Jimma Boy our almighty God will see you through just trust in him and wait patiently upon him. If your papers were clean and NO lie at all "WAIT" The waiting room, a land where time seemingly stands still. It is a place where life is put on hold. In a doctor’s office, it feels like hours have passed, and yet when you look at your watch, it’s been only 20 minutes. When we are in the waiting room, it seems as if progress has come to a screeching halt.

One of the important exhortations of the Bible is the call to “wait on the Lord.” Even though God promises special blessing for waiting, waiting is one of the most difficult exhortations of Scripture. Why is it so hard? Because, as a part of fallen humanity, we are so prone to take matters into our own hands, to follow our own schemes. Yet, over and over again we are told in Scripture “wait on the Lord.”

We don’t like to wait and when we think of waiting we are apt to respond with the pun, “Wait? That’s what made the bridge collapse!” Of course, that’s weight, not wait. But then these two words, weight and wait are not always unrelated because one of our needs in waiting on the Lord is the need to cast the weighty burdens of life on Him.

TRUST in GOD and all shall be well sooner than you think.

MEANWHILE:
1. Meditate positively daily especially early in the morning (30min)
2. Do not allow any negative thoughts, please dont listen to the small voices of discouragement

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

Makiki its now ur turn to encourage them don't forget our friends they need us to pray for Gods intervention.:)

MY EXPERIENCE THIS FAR
Just like our wonderful Makiki, I wish to sincerely thank God for what He has done for me and my family. God is good and I believe am a living testimony to those who can remember my very first question I asked when I bounced into this forum. It was about the KCSE grades and sincerely it was heartbreaking. One guy was point blank and advised that I better save the money (We are a family of four-2 adults and 2 kids) or be a soldier and fight on-if I survive I live and if I die, I die in the battle field. I decided to take the latter. Nobody could really encourage me-as my grades were nowhere near the C plain (I don want to embarrass myself here)

We got at the embassy at around 5.30am and we had to bear with the cold for sometime especially for the kids. We did the security checks and were given a number to wait and a paper that has all the information I really dreaded about KCSE grades. (Makiki has posted it for us).

We waited for a few minutes after handing in our appointment letter and we were given a number which was later called to counter no.5. I was asked to hand in all my original documents. The lady checked on my KCSE cert and asked if I know I did not qualify for a DV visa since the minimum grade is C. I explained I have seen the sheet I was given at the reception but I have some other qualifications. She asked what level and for how long did I train. I said it’s a diploma in xxxxxxx for 3 yrs. For my hubby, she only took his police report, passport, birth certificate and 2 photos. For the kids, only photos, passports and birth certificates. We were later called to counter no.1 for our finger prints, paid the interview fee and asked to go and sit outside and wait for our number to be called. At least by then there was sun for some warmth.

We were called to window 12 but the comp there jammed and moved to window 5 but the same CO.

Co: Do you swear that everything you are going to say is true? If so raise up your hands
Co: This is a complex course for you to be admitted to with this grade. Did you do any bridging course?
Me: Yea, I gave a letter I took the other day from ma employer after Makiki posted her experience
Co: Am approving your visas, you will pick them after one week at the address you indicated. Thats all

That was my experience and I can confess that it was like going through a flame hoping you don get burnt and amazingly you see yourself on the other side. All glory to God our father who brings all these things to pass.

Very amazing story, and thank you for sharing it with us. About the KCSE thing, there have been stories of people with degrees but without the proper grade for KCSE but they got denied, i must say you really are brave. The Co has the last word and i guess they had a good last one for you. Be blessed and good luck.

I have picked up our Visas but my husbands has typing error and it indicates that if your visa has an error, please send it back so we have to send it back tomorrow. It has incorrect date of birth.

MY EXPERIENCE THIS FAR

Glory to God the most HIGH. I am so proud of you dearest. Hehehehehehe dont remind me of the nightmare i went through with the KCSE thing i bothered so many of you people and some also told me the same thing hahahahahahaha i thank God i never QUIT even after so much sarcasm. My dear i have to tell you that so many people have not gone near that embassy because of a mere statement "above C plain" and some were ashamed to ask again and again but i thank God nobody killed my spirit. I remember one time i asked a certain forum mate to tell me of one person who he knew got denied of Visa because he had a C- and a Degree but all they did say is................... sometimes i felt like not show up on the forum but i did again.

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the US of A we will make it and shine this one am sure. That is why i made sure that i will scan that damn piece of paper and post it here. I wish you all the best and have a smooth transition to the land of honey.

I am so happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we made it with our "below C Plains" and equivalents. kwakwakwakwakwa God i thank you ooooooooooo

Last edited by a moderator:
I have picked up our Visas but my husbands has typing error and it indicates that if your visa has an error, please send it back so we have to send it back tomorrow. It has incorrect date of birth.
Don't worry it will be corrected.Do they work over the weekend?

Very amazing story, and thank you for sharing it with us. About the KCSE thing, there have been stories of people with degrees but without the proper grade for KCSE but they got denied, i must say you really are brave. The Co has the last word and i guess they had a good last one for you. Be blessed and good luck.
All I know is that trusting God,Confidence and prayers will turn the heart of Pharaoh.

All I know is that trusting God,Confidence and prayers will turn the heart of Pharaoh.

yes yes yes you are right my dear sister. ask me and i will tell you how i saw Pharaoh turn away. i know i know i know. My God is faithful, my God is GREAT.

For the LOOOOOOONG HOLIDAY
Romans 5:2-5
Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. :)

For the LOOOOOOONG HOLIDAY
Romans 5:2-5
Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. :)
Ameeenoooooooooooo!!!!

Glory to God the most HIGH. I am so proud of you dearest. Hehehehehehe dont remind me of the nightmare i went through with the KCSE thing i bothered so many of you people and some also told me the same thing hahahahahahaha i thank God i never QUIT even after so much sarcasm. My dear i have to tell you that so many people have not gone near that embassy because of a mere statement "above C plain" and some were ashamed to ask again and again but i thank God nobody killed my spirit. I remember one time i asked a certain forum mate to tell me of one person who he knew got denied of Visa because he had a C- and a Degree but all they did say is................... sometimes i felt like not show up on the forum but i did again.

CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the US of A we will make it and shine this one am sure. That is why i made sure that i will scan that damn piece of paper and post it here. I wish you all the best and have a smooth transition to the land of honey.

I am so happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we made it with our "below C Plains" and equivalents. kwakwakwakwakwa God i thank you ooooooooooo

Am humbled my dear Makiki. It has been the most tormentous moments in ma life. i hated myself for scoring below C mean grade but now am up again. I knew you were in the same boat with me and the only thing i could do is pray. I visited this forum more than 5 times a day trying to see any positive results for people with "low" grades. I have friends who were actually denied visas over the same..one had no choice but to be strong....rem the story of "one needs balls to go through this", hehehehehe!! But i must admit that Nickelly's daily devotional quotes really worked miracles, we had to fast and pray against Pharaoh (co) and also seek wisdom on how these guys ask questions and how to answer them mainly from forums moreso this one. We are all blessed beyond measure

Thanks, and i believe it shall be well with us all. We are better placed while in the hands of God

Am humbled my dear Makiki. It has been the most tormentous moments in ma life. i hated myself for scoring below C mean grade but now am up again. I knew you were in the same boat with me and the only thing i could do is pray. I visited this forum more than 5 times a day trying to see any positive results for people with "low" grades. I have friends who were actually denied visas over the same..one had no choice but to be strong....rem the story of "one needs balls to go through this", hehehehehe!! But i must admit that Nickelly's daily devotional quotes really worked miracles, we had to fast and pray against Pharaoh (co) and also seek wisdom on how these guys ask questions and how to answer them mainly from forums moreso this one. We are all blessed beyond measure

God Bless Kenya
God Bless America
God Bless Nickelly she is a good counselor, this lady took me through a path that made me see the light.
Right now am looking at my VISA and thanking GOD for granting me the desires of my heart. Oh I pray for other members to be successful as well. Inside the envelope there is a blue brochure that says "Welcome to the United States A Guide for New Immigrants"

I Thank my God. I feel like shouting "Come and see what the Lord has done for me, come and see"

God Bless Kenya
God Bless America
God Bless Nickelly she is a good counselor, this lady took me through a path that made me see the light.
Right now am looking at my VISA and thanking GOD for granting me the desires of my heart. Oh I pray for other members to be successful as well. Inside the envelope there is a blue brochure that says "Welcome to the United States A Guide for New Immigrants"

I Thank my God. I feel like shouting "Come and see what the Lord has done for me, come and see"

Congrats once again ma'am, I am really happy for you. Next week I am having my interview as well. Do you think there would be a time that I would also be looking at my immigrant visa? I am so excited and nervous as well.

Regards!

Congrats once again ma'am, I am really happy for you. Next week I am having my interview as well. Do you think there would be a time that I would also be looking at my immigrant visa? I am so excited and nervous as well.

Regards!

Yes gabam, in the next 2 weeks you will be holding your passport at hand and staring at your visa until you have a photo memory of all the lines and spots in it hahahahaha It shall be well. May Allah bless you and the days to come=الله يبارك فيك و الأيام القادمة=Allah ybarek feek wal 'ayyam al-kadima.

Yes gabam, in the next 2 weeks you will be holding your passport at hand and staring at your visa until you have a photo memory of all the lines and spots in it hahahahaha It shall be well. May Allah bless you and the days to come=الله يبارك فيك و الأيام القادمة=Allah ybarek feek wal 'ayyam al-kadima.

Thanks ma'am, God bless you for these soothing words!!!

Hae comrades!!! you can now imagine the good news. I was at the Embassy today-6am to be precise and got the visa. I have a story to tell but will update it later. I should appreciate Makiki for some info she posted the day before yesterday that saved my very, very delicate case. Blessed be the Lord God Almighty who works miracles through our faith

Congrats on receiving your visa....be blessed.