• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2013 Interview experiences and outcomes!!!

M

mdawoodm

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is fine and doing well. This thread is for the guys who are having their interviews in the upcoming months starting from October. Please share your experiences and do tell us about the outcome of the interview! And please include your singture when you make posts!

Best wishes!

Am waiting for my interview on 16th Oct and I believe God will be wid me always and also help me to post a +ve interview experience.
Amen.

Hellooooooooooooooooooo, anyone there???? Today we are having the first interviews of DV-2013 winners. Please post your Interview experience here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Successful interview this morning for my husband and I. I believe we had the first interviews for 2013 October 1 7:30 am

Successful interview this morning for my husband and I. I believe we had the first interviews for 2013 October 1 7:30 am

Congrats! And this thread is not just for the results of the interviews, we also expect some details of the interview. I hope you will share that also, i.e. about the questions that the consular officer asked you etc.

Best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
He did not ask much. What our plans are, have we been there before, who we staying with and when we hope to leave. Did not take five mins. He check our documents and told us congrats. He ask my hubby what he does for a living and if he intends to continue along that line in the USA and he he already has any jobs lined up.

Congrats!

He did not ask much. What our plans are, have we been there before, who we staying with and when we hope to leave. Did not take five mins. He check our documents and told us congrats. He ask my hubby what he does for a living and if he intends to continue along that line in the USA and he he already has any jobs lined up.

Visa Delivered

Good morning all,

Visas were delivered this morning by DHL along with two sealed envelopes for border agents. We have 6 months from interview day to get to the US. Hoping to leave by year end. It now seems real to me seeing my cancelled visitors visa and new immigrant visa in our passports.

Good morning all,

Visas were delivered this morning by DHL along with two sealed envelopes for border agents. We have 6 months from interview day to get to the US. Hoping to leave by year end. It now seems real to me seeing my cancelled visitors visa and new immigrant visa in our passports.

Cooongs Lampshade! We are happy for you. Where did you do your interview from?

Good morning all,

A big congrats to u a the family ...wish u a lovely stay in USA...

Interview Today - Successful!

So, after going to Montreal for my medical on Friday, Sept 28, then to Toronto for that weekend to see friends and also to pick up my divorce certificate at a Toronto court, I returned to Montreal on Tues Oct 2, picked up my medical on Wed Oct 3, and had my interview today.

I showed up at the embassy at 8:45 (had a 9am appt) to go through security, then up to the consulate to pick up a number and sitting down to wait.

They started calling numbers in no order that I could discern, and just around 10am I was called to a counter to hand over my paperwork, then asked to go pay, and bring back the receipt to the same counter. Then I sat down again and just before noon I was called to a counter. The lady looked through the paperwork, asked me a few questions, like what I did for a living, who I worked for, where I was planning on settling, did I have friends in the US, when was I last in the US and did I have any problems at the border. After answering those questions, she then said "congratulations, I am granting your visa" and then told me that my passport would be couriered to me with the visa in it.

And that was it! Now it's time to start my planning!

------------------------------------

May 01, 2012: Status checked & selected
May 04, 2012: 1 Forms emailed to KCC
Aug 17, 2012: 2nd email to check account – interview scheduled
Sep 18, 2012: passport done
Sep 18, 2012: criminal records check received
Sept 28, 2012: Medical done
Oct 01, 2012: divorce cert picked up
Oct 04, 2012: interview in Montreal – SUCCESSFUL!!
???: passport returned
P.O.E: TBA

Lamshade and Lamsuzyn Big conglatulations, wish yu all the best.
If yu don't mind yu can post detailed experiences and tell from which country/embassy
Am waiting for my interview on 16th n wish to post mine when the time kams so as to enlighten the others

Good morning all,

Wow, your experience seems like it was not such a big deal as the rest of us keep obsessing about :D You sound so calm and relaxed about it. Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, what region are you from and what consulate did you interview at? I'm guessing OC and Sydney?

So, after going to Montreal for my medical on Friday, Sept 28, then to Toronto for that weekend to see friends and also to pick up my divorce certificate at a Toronto court, I returned to Montreal on Tues Oct 2, picked up my medical on Wed Oct 3, and had my ...

Congratulations, Iamsuzyn! You too sound so relaxed about the whole experience. What region are you from? And how did you find getting Canadian police clearances? Did it take long? My interview won't be til February or maybe even March so I'm wondering when I should get started. I need one from Australia too.