• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Hungarian Selected Meeting Point

Wow, it is a really good news, you got soon the interview appointment:):):) just one week later after the february visa bulletin released!

Best of Luck!

:( At the moment the first destination still Vegas:) so you have to wait information about Hawaii....it is very expensive for us...

Success!
Managed to change the interview date to 20th February, 9 AM! :)
Called the number (36-1) 475-4394 (from here:http://hungarian.hungary.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html) talked to a lady, explained that I received my date (she said, they haven't received the names for February yet, lol), but it doesn't suit me, because I have to go on a business trip on that day, she said, no problem, asked for my name (only my name, no CN number), asked if towards the end of the month, would be better, so we agreed on 20th February, 9 AM. She also asked if I will come alone, I said, no I will come with my wife and our two children.
She said, I can take it as official, and can modify the date and time on the notification letter.
That was it.
TIP: I called the number (36-1) 475-4394, because the number in the notification 36-1-267-4400 is switched off (according to the voice,temporarily).

I am a bit concerned, as I have no written document about the changed date, but I will try to confirm this via e-mail.

Cheers :)

Success!
Managed to change the interview date to 20th February, 9 AM! :)
Called the number (36-1) 475-4394 (from here:http://hungarian.hungary.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html) talked to a lady, explained that I received my date (she said, they haven't received the names for February yet, lol), but it doesn't suit me, because I have to go on a business trip on that day, she said, no problem, asked for my name (only my name, no CN number), asked if towards the end of the month, would be better, so we agreed on 20th February, 9 AM. She also asked if I will come alone, I said, no I will come with my wife and our two children.
She said, I can take it as official, and can modify the date and time on the notification letter.
That was it.
TIP: I called the number (36-1) 475-4394, because the number in the notification 36-1-267-4400 is switched off (according to the voice,temporarily).

I am a bit concerned, as I have no written document about the changed date, but I will try to confirm this via e-mail.

Cheers :)

Hi,

about changing the interview . Back in 2011 we changed our appointment, too. But i wrote a mail to the Embassy, and they replied to me via mail (no e-mail but the regular) within 1 whole week :) and of course they changed the date as I wished and I had the letter in my hands.

cheers

Hi guys!

Hope you enjoyed the Christmas time and a New Year's Eve with your family & friends:)

The next bulletin soon will be released:):): I am so exciting, hope will get current!!!

Happy New Year For Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niki78

Once, you enter USA nobody will ever ask about your financial situation. The only place you have to prove anything will be the Embassy! So dont worry, after your interview appointment you can give back the money! What I dont know exactly is how long has to be the amount on your account?! So you better ask it and I will ask my husband too, he remembers all those things..:)
I can also recommend his blog, you can find there only very useful information about everything related to greencard lottery and the immigration and starting a new life with family..
www.greencard.blog.hu

hope i could help..

Niki from Richmond/VA :)

Thank you for this information! It would be a huge help if you could ask your husband how long before the interview should be the required amount on our account? I hope he has something to say about...

BTW Happy New Year!

Clearwater

If Gabam's information is correct from KCC we get current, 'cause Euorpe for March is 16 200!!!!

Best news ever we have heard in our life!!!!

Love ya USA!!!!

Congrats for those who got current, happy for you, and good luck!

While I am writing, I might as well write down my experience on the medical stuff we have to do:

So after I learned the exact date of our interview, I called one of the doctors on the list on the website of the embassy.
He was quite friendly, and told me that me and my wife have to get two vaccinations each (called MMR and DITE), at the international vaccination center of ÁNTSZ in Váci út (next to Duna Plaza). Also our kids had to get Hepatitis B vaccination (it's a series of 3 vaccinations, the 2nd 1 month after, the 3rd 6 months after the first), our kids are 9 and 7, don't know for older or younger kids, it's necessary for them, because in the Hungarian system, they would get it only at age 14, but in the US system, they should have it already at this age. The kids got the vaccination from their family doctor.
Back to adults, the vaccination centre is open 9:00-12:00 every weekday, no need for appointment, but it is advised to go their latest 11:30.
They had us fill out a form (personal details, what vaccination, etc.), then we got a 'yellow check' to pay for the process and one of the vaccines, which was 16 000 HUF for both of us, if I remember well, 7 000 for the treatment and 9 000 for one of the vaccines.
For the other vaccine they gave us a recepie, so we had to go the the pharmacy to buy it. The other vaccine was 23 000 HUF for both of us, if I remember well (my wife bought it, I did the yellow check paying in the post office in Duna Plaza).
When we came back, we got the two shots of vaccines each, and received a little booklet proving that we had the shots, this we have to take to the doctor for the medical examination.
I called the doctor, that we have done the vaccinations (he said for the kids it's enough for him, if we gave the first shot of the series by the examination). He said we need our passports and one photo each. For now we postponed our examination date, until our (new) passport are ready.
I asked how long the medical examination is valid, he said it's valid for one year. If I remember well, your medical papers still needs to be valid when you enter the US, so I didn't want to do them too early.

So this is it, we are waiting for our passports now, and then we go for the medical examination next.

Good luck all, excited to hear your experiences!

Bests,

Last edited by a moderator:
hzss12!

Thanks for the informations! We are waiting for the 2NL, after call the FirstMED doctor for the medical examination. At FrstMed you do not have to go the ÁNTSZ, 'cause they have vaccinations in the surgery.

Best of Luck:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my Visa interview appointment on February 20. at 08:30h. :D So, to answer to hzss12 I'll have my interview date in Serbia, because I'm born here..;)

I'm in process to collect all my documents, because it could take a couple of days just for on document...And I'm planning to do my medical exam at the end of the month..

Hi all,
our visas got approved today, yay :)
The consul was really nice and she had a great sense of humour :) She asked a few questions like where we would like to go, do we have any friends there, how much money we would like to bring to the US, about our current jobs, and how long we have been married. We had to make a sworn-statement, then she congratulated. Tomorrow I will collect our passports with the visas.

Facts: me and my boyfriend both entered the lottery, I was selected, we got married in June, sent updated forms to KCC, got interview appointment, clarified with US embassy in Budapest about details (really nice and efficient support).

We all wish you success and happiness we have today! :)
And thank you for all the useful information here and on 'newcomers guide' as well.

Congratulations varez!

Can I ask, what they asked about your financial situation?
Did they ask about if you have a sponsor?
Did they ask if you have job offers from the US?
Did they ask about your money in your bank account?

Many thanks for your replies, and congratulations again! :)

Hi all,
our visas got approved today, yay :)
The consul was really nice and she had a great sense of humour :) She asked a few questions like where we would like to go, do we have any friends there, how much money we would like to bring to the US, about our current jobs, and how long we have been married. We had to make a sworn-statement, then she congratulated. Tomorrow I will collect our passports with the visas.

Facts: me and my boyfriend both entered the lottery, I was selected, we got married in June, sent updated forms to KCC, got interview appointment, clarified with US embassy in Budapest about details (really nice and efficient support).

We all wish you success and happiness we have today! :)
And thank you for all the useful information here and on 'newcomers guide' as well.

Congrat Varez:):):) Good for you!!! Where have you been so far? What is your destination? Where are you going to the USA? Do you have any relatives or frineds there?

Good luck for your new life:)

Congrat Varez:):):) Good for you!!! Where have you been so far? What is your destination? Where are you going to the USA? Do you have any relatives or frineds there?

Good luck for your new life:)

Thank you Juicee :) I've never been to the US. First we are going to New York, I have friends there, also my husband has some ex-colleagues nearby in the Tri-state area. We'll see the rest :)

We got our interview appointment at the Embassy: 4th of March, 10:00AM. Just 7 in weeks! Oh, my! We still have a lot to do!

congrats guys and gals, this will be an exciting year for all!
Good luck!

Thanks hzss12:) Yes, it will be areally exciting time period of our lifes....Imagine I could not sleep, 'cause i was thinking all night....

Good luck to all of you!!!