• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Hungarian Selected Meeting Point

ok Judit :)

Just 2 of us:) Just call me Judit, I am gonna edit my name If it is possible. we prefer to live closer to the ocean, but first time we do not want to risk, as i heard there are not many job opportunities near the coast:(

Just an advice. I would not believe anybody telling me, there is lots of jobs, or there are none..We live in a small city in a state which is much less known compare to NA or CA or NYC etc... Everybody told us, we would not find jobs here, its too small and therefore there are not enough opportunities..well after almost 1 year I can report, EVERTHING is a matter of time/effort and money! :) I mean if you give enough time and effort and you have enough money to do so, you will find what you are looking for :)

ESPECIALLY without a kid..oh my god, you just have to pick the place you dream of, and go for it!!!!

I would pick Hawaii :) anyhow we intend to move there one day :)

Thanks Nikolett:) We know a guy from Honolulu, he offered to us earlyer to go there and work with him one of his business....so at the end we will travel to start Hawaii the new life:):):)

Oh my god, Hawaii.......

Thanks Nikolett:) We know a guy from Honolulu, he offered to us earlyer to go there and work with him one of his business....so at the end we will travel to start Hawaii the new life:):):)

We were there on our honeymoon several years ago. It was fantastic, breath-taking, and we fell in love for a lifetime to Hawaii. This is the only reason why I want to go there. That atmosphere, and positiv energy...uhhhhh :)

My dream...

I hope one day I will be a GC owner as well; like U, and we will meet on Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everybody,

I found this group through the newcomersguideusa and I thought it could be helpful to join the group.
My husband was selected at the 2013 DV lottery. We have a quite high number beginning with 14xxx.
What else to write? We have 3 kids... :)

Hi everybody,

I found this group through the newcomersguideusa and I thought it could be helpful to join the group.
My husband was selected at the 2013 DV lottery. We have a quite high number beginning with 14xxx.

Welcome here Clearwater70:) What is your plan? Where would you like to go in USA, maybe Florida? Clearwater after your nickname? You will soon current....so excited...

Hello,

Hi everybody,

We have two... :) Welcome on the board!

Probably Portland, Oregon. A cousin lives there and we are welcome in his house for a couple of weeks/months, we could use his car etc. Huge help!!!
Btw. I don't like the warm places to much but I prefer the mountains. So Portland could be fine!

Anybody has any information about this: if you prove your financial background with a bank account how earlier has to be there the money? Anybody checks your account when you enter the USA? I'm questioning all these because I'm 100% sure that we can't collect enough money for 5 persons. It's more than 6 million Ft. So probably we have to ask somebody from the family to borrow this amount for a couple of month. And it would be so good to be able to tell this relative when we could give him back the borrowed money!

Thnx for any idea :)

Yes, it is a huge help for you! If Portland does not work later you can move away easily.
As I know the embassy does not care when comes the money, so you can pay in money to the bank account the day before the interview:) there is no money check at boder, you just have to show your paper what recive before the embassy

Best of Luck!

One guy called the KCC today, according to a lady from there Europe for february 13 400. Is it still very low:(:(:(
Hope we will have an interview in March!!!

Hello everyone :)

I'm writing here because it's saying hungarians. I'm not basicaly from Hungaria, but I am hungarian :) From Vajdasag(Szerbia koztarsasag) I hope you don't mind :D

My number is 11xxx, so I'm current if February :D

hey buddy, no worries, everybody is welcome here! :)
I see you have a lower number than me, are you going to have your interview in Hungary or in Serbia?

Cheers,

Nope, so I am wondering, when should it arrive?
I thought I saw somewhere here, that it arrives a little while after you get current.
In another source, I read, it arrives 6-8 weeks before the interview.
I am checking both my e-mail, and the entrant status check page, but there is nothing.
Any insights guys?

Nope, so I am wondering, when should it arrive?
I thought I saw somewhere here, that it arrives a little while after you get current.
In another source, I read, it arrives 6-8 weeks before the interview.
I am checking both my e-mail, and the entrant status check page, but there is nothing.
Any insights guys?

As I heard usually it comes about 2 weeks after you get current, so you should have the exact day and time in this month.

Hi Clearwater70!

Probably Portland, Oregon. A cousin lives there and we are welcome in his house for a couple of weeks/months, we could use his car etc. Huge help!!!
Btw. I don't like the warm places to much but I prefer the mountains. So Portland could be fine!

Anybody has any information about this: if you prove your financial background with a bank account how earlier has to be there the money? Anybody checks your account when you enter the USA? I'm questioning all these because I'm 100% sure that we can't collect enough money for 5 persons. It's more than 6 million Ft. So probably we have to ask somebody from the family to borrow this amount for a couple of month. And it would be so good to be able to tell this relative when we could give him back the borrowed money!

Thnx for any idea :)

Once, you enter USA nobody will ever ask about your financial situation. The only place you have to prove anything will be the Embassy! So dont worry, after your interview appointment you can give back the money! What I dont know exactly is how long has to be the amount on your account?! So you better ask it and I will ask my husband too, he remembers all those things..:)
I can also recommend his blog, you can find there only very useful information about everything related to greencard lottery and the immigration and starting a new life with family..
www.greencard.blog.hu

hope i could help..

Niki from Richmond/VA :)

Wow

You're kidding me!! :))) WOW, congratulation, really!!! So in case we will need some help in Hawaii, we can relay on you guys? :D
now its time for me to get jealous :D
So tell us, what will you work?
and I hope for some really interesting blog from your side too..I am especially interested in Hawaii!! :cool:

Niki

One friendly advice for those who has to request new passports (like me and my family), do it this month, if you can! Document offices (aka Ocsmànyiroda) do not give appointments for January, due to the reorganisation of document offices next year.
So get in now, not to get in late, I have been waiting for 2 hours now in the queue :(

We got all our passport requests today, all in order!
I come home check the DV page, and I see this:

Interview Appointment:
February 13, 2013 09:00 AM

OMG, I have to go on a business trip on that very day!
I may have to postpone my interview, I don't know exactly now, I will call the embassy tomorrow.

PS:
I just realised I got this e-mail 3 hours ago:
"You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing."
It's from the e-mail address: noreply@state.gov
Look out for this e-mail, I almost missed it with such a low profile e-mail address :)

Last edited by a moderator: