• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Interview done.
can skip unimportant detail here and there but here's the most important:

I took my medical exam in Indonesia about a year ago. Results were good.
The only thing I got was a huge sealed envelope which I was not allowed to open, I send it.

During the interview, the interviewer told me my medical forms I-693 is incomplete..or to be more accurate, I don't have it.
He showed me my DS-2053 which I have never seen before since it was inside the sealed envelope.
He told me to "go to a local surgeon and have him/her write ur result to the I-693"
So I told him "I don't even have a copy of the results, I never saw it before, didn't know I got it"..
So he made a copy and gave me my original..

This alone is weird.

Then, I was contacting surgeons and came across one with good reviews (ull be surprised at how many got terrible reviews)
Now remember, my only goal here is to have a surgeon copy - paste my result to an I-693.
yet, the receptionist said "according to the law of the United States government, you'll have to got through the WHOLE medical procedure again"

That's right, blood test, vaccine (if any)..again?

It doesn't make sense to me cause I already have my result, with good condition..but I'll have to do it again just because its with another doctor/country? :\

$400++ at stake here guys...advice..is this right?

oh my GOD, my status has changed from Acceptance to Card Production just now!!! Alhamdulillah, Thank you everybody who take their time to answer questions and help people like me. God bless you all! Wishing Goodluck to everybody who have upcoming interviews or waiting for a decision!

Congratulations luckycharm!

Oh come on Mel! Why didn't you ask here about the medical exam? Yes you have to do another one in the US, the one you did in Indonesia is NOT acceptable!!! Do you have your immunization card with you? If you do, they will just look at that and give whatever immunization is missing, which could be less than the $400+ they're quoting for you right now.

The other option is to shop around among the listed civil surgeons (forget the online reviews). Call them and find out if they will transfer the immunization portion of what you currently have on the report you got from Indonesia. They will of course still have to do the TB test and some blood work, but that process may end up costing no more than $200 or so. Don't waste time, get that medical exam done right away!

Interview done.

The only thing I got was a huge sealed envelope which I was not allowed to open, I send it.

During the interview, the interviewer told me my medical forms I-693 is incomplete..or to be more accurate, I don't have it.
He showed me my DS-2053 which I have never seen before since it was inside the sealed envelope.
He told me to "go to a local surgeon and have him/her write ur result to the I-693"
So I told him "I don't even have a copy of the results, I never saw it before, didn't know I got it"..

This alone is weird.

Then, I was contacting surgeons and came across one with good reviews (ull be surprised at how many got terrible reviews)
Now remember, my only goal here is to have a surgeon copy - paste my result to an I-693.
yet, the receptionist said "according to the law of the United States government, you'll have to got through the WHOLE medical procedure again"

It doesn't make sense to me cause I already have my result, with good condition..but I'll have to do it again just because its with another doctor/country? :\

Interview done.

This alone is weird.

Mel, i think you might ve to let go that $400 and do the medicals here in U.S. (You can later file a claim through your insurance if you have one here and get all the money back). They are very picky about the medicals. They didnt count mine even if it was done in U.S. a year ago. They made me take em' all over again. I think doing all over again would the best option for you if thats the only thing standing between you and your GC. Wait until someone will reply on this post. (Mom was fast :) )

Interview done. Arrived about 30 minutes early and waited about 50 minutes after my appointment time. The officer was very nice and just breezed through the interview in 15 minutes. Only required my most recent paystub and kids birth certificates. I didnt have to show any originals. Got the review pending letter and if everything checks out I will be approved today speech.
He was already speaking like I'm a permanent resident, so all looks good. Waiting for the status updates now!

Long journey almost ending!

Congratulations sunster. You should hopefully see a status update by the end of today.

Wait until someone will reply on this post. (Mom was fast :)

I know! I mean, I've been waiting breathlessly to read of her positive interview experience, only to find out she didn't do the medical exam. I feel like giving her some serious spanking, :mad:. Hopefully she'll get this resolved quickly and is able to have a quick shot at the interview again.

I dont recall mine stating anything about video tape but would that be a problem for you?

I thought you didn't receive an IL before your interview?

Any status update since your interview though?

I know! I mean, I've been waiting breathlessly to read of her positive interview experience, only to find out she didn't do the medical exam. I feel like giving her some serious spanking, :mad:. Hopefully she'll get this resolved quickly and is able to have a quick shot at the interview again.

LOL..me too :)..i wish her the best

I thought you didn't receive an IL before your interview?
yea i didnt but the officer had mailed me the letter (thank god, i cant imagine those guards ripped my IL lol) which i received the day after the interview and it didnt mention anything
Any status update since your interview though?
Oh yeah :) i was going to post about that but you are just fast arent you ...lol
Actaully the status finally changed to card production..thank god :) ..i cant thank you enough :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah :) i was going to post about that but you are just fast arent you ...lol
Actaully the status finally changed to card production..thank god :) ..i cant thank you enough :)

You know, I have a lot of babies here that I'm so anxious about, including yourself :p

I'm happy for you. congratulations! :)

You know, I have a lot of babies here that I'm so anxious about, including yourself :p

I'm happy for you. congratulations! :)

I know :) . I remember my first day when i was all lost and had no idea what was going on..really nervous lol. Then, you were here helping out everyone on this forum with consistent help and answering every questions. I was like this must be heaven and you must be the angel taking care of all the kids and helping them out :). You really inspired me and you ll see me here now and then trying to be your asisstant. lol. Thank you once again mom ! :)

Interview done.

This alone is weird.

Mel
go to simon lee in sf china town. cheaper than other places and the guy is really nice. I got mine signed and returned in 3days including the day I went. if you have vaccination records they only charge tou the visit which was 140$ .
make sure to bring you i693 form filled out and your passport.

Congratulations sunster. You should hopefully see a status update by the end of today.
Thanks sm1smom.
actually I got the notification an hour ago. card production then immediately changed to post decision. so I guess I have to wait until it changes back to card production again.

Interview done.

I am sorry Mel to hear this. You should have been more careful. I think you are on F1 visa and must have a health insurance from ur Univ. Most of the things done during med check up are covered by health insurance. We didnt pay any money for our check up as everything was refunded later. One more imp thing how are you going to send the details back to the officer? Plz take an infopass appointment right away so that you can see someone asap once you have the reports. There is only one month left so you have to be on ur toes. All the very best..I hope everything works out well for u.

Guys,
Finally we got our IL for September 6th:)
couple of questions, there are some items in the letter which is mentioned "bring with you", some Items are clear such as I-94 or ID or.. but it asks for Tax returns and W2s for the past three years, and also IRS Form 1722 of the past three years for the applicant, and If not working, I-134.
My wife is main applicant and she has only one W2 since she has started working from last year. I have three W2s and Tax return for 2012, Do I need to provide tax returns for 2011 and 2010 also? I do not have them now:( ,and What is the form 1722? I have never heard of that.
one more question, we got two letters, on same day but one is at 8:30 AM and the other 9 AM. do they interview us at the same time?
please help guys from your experiences.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
interview experience

We interviewed at Philadelphia FO today. After oath we were asked to sit. We brought the kids with us and it was not a problem at all. We were asked only yes/no questions, names, date and country of birth. On the question that pertain to affiliation to groups or organization I asked if this included churches and she said yes it does. She asked the names all churches I've been a member of.
'Seems like you have been in status for all the period, everything seems OK you will get green card in 30 to 45 days. Any questions?'
I mentioned that I had just realized that we were issued A# years back and we were issued new ones again because we did not realize we already had them. I did see someone here who had issues with that. She pulled the file and said she will consolidate them.
I further mentioned that since September everyone will be current, what were the odds of missing out on visa numbers.
She assured me that she already checked and numbers were available and she will additionally take care of everything today :)
She only asked for marriage certificate and passports. Tops it 20 minutes :) we were done !
By 5:04 pm status online changed from acceptance to card production !
Finally after 13 years in this country God has made a way ! Hooray

congrats, what did your IL include? such as me in the above post?
Thanks
We interviewed at Philadelphia FO today. After oath we were asked to sit. We brought the kids with us and it was not a problem at all. We were asked only yes/no questions, names, date and country of birth. On the question that pertain to affiliation to groups or organization I asked if this included churches and she said yes it does. She asked the names all churches I've been a member of.
'Seems like you have been in status for all the period, everything seems OK you will get green card in 30 to 45 days. Any questions?'
I mentioned that I had just realized that we were issued A# years back and we were issued new ones again because we did not realize we already had them. I did see someone here who had issues with that. She pulled the file and said she will consolidate them.
I further mentioned that since September everyone will be current, what were the odds of missing out on visa numbers.
She assured me that she already checked and numbers were available and she will additionally take care of everything today :)
She only asked for marriage certificate and passports. Tops it 20 minutes :) we were done !
By 5:04 pm status online changed from acceptance to card production !
Finally after 13 years in this country God has made a way ! Hooray

Just done Biometric Friday when I checked today Tuesday. it still same status.I wonder how long it will update through case status online?:confused: