• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Interview experience.

After two hours in the waiting area, an officer finally called me. My interview started an hour after the scheduled time. The officer was very professional and not that nice. I took oath and he went through some basics information on the I 485. He asked me if I've completed my previous program before transferring to my college. I don't know why but he wanted to make sure I did.he even asked for my transcripts. I didn't have them. He asked me how many classes I've been taking and if I had any official transcripts from my last semester (he really wanted to make sure I was on status). Fortunately I brought an enrollment letter that I gave him. He left his office for the second time and when he came back he told me with a very serious tone that I am on oath and if they found out that I lied about my classes or that I dropped school between 2012 and now they can cancel my green card anytime within the next five years. Then he went through the "no no" questions and make copies of my document. He told me that I'm all set and if I didn't get my card within a month I should get an info pass. The whole interview took one hour and 20min. I checked online and my status jumped from acceptance to card production. I'd like to thank everybody here especially Mom. And Mel...Good luck for those who are still waiting....finger crossed :)

Wow..it lasted for more than an hour and the person wasn't as nice? This is the first time I heard of it :eek: everyone elses' seemed pretty smooth, easy and fast :eek: :) But hey, you got it! :) congratz man!!!
See, they didnt ask u for sponsor right? ;) How do u feel now after this whoooole journey is over? :)

And how many times do I have to tell you..my mom!!! not yours!!!! >: (

Guys,
Last Thursday I called USCIS to talk to L2 officer, they got my info and told me that you are called in 3-5 business days, tomorrow will be fifth day. I want to know if they definitely call me, any experience?
Thanks.

Hey errymaliti9753.....not sure what you have done so far but when you number becomes current you can send in all the package...the minute you know the number is current thats when you send in your stuff. so for instance since you knew about July 12th that your number would be current in September you could have sent in everything then....so if you are waiting for September....please please please just go ahead and send everything now and just make sure nothing is missing and everywhere that need to be signed is signed....please please so that they do not reject your application seeing that you have very little time.

hi everyone,
i won greencard lottery for fiscal year 2013, my number will be current on september 1st 2013,but i only have until september 30th 2012 to have my interview with USCIS.I called USCIS and they told me i have to file for expedite when i apply for change of status which i am planning to file on sept 1st.Currently i have set up an appointment with the local office so i can get more information.Also Department of state said if i wont change my status by sept 30th i will be disqualified for the lottery.I am just trying to find out if USCIS will be able to set up an interview withing a month,i am sure i am not the first on to be in this situation.

Hey Everyone,
I finally received my Interview Letter today after 77 days after doing bio.
The letter doesn't indicate anything to bring with me. Interview is on 22 Aug. Relieved a bit!

Hey Everyone,
The letter doesn't indicate anything to bring with me. Interview is on 22 Aug. Relieved a bit!

my interview letter was similar.bring everything you can and good luck for this last step

Hi geoffrey007........since your letter does not say anything about what to bring....take everything that pertains to your stay in the USA. Passports, Marriage certificate if you are married, bank statements, tax returns, social security card....everything that you submitted with the I-485 package....its better to be over prepared than to be caught off guard. From what i have ready on this forum....people have been taking everything they can think of....make sure you have the originals and have copies of the same just incase. Forum members have said its better to be over prepared....because if you are under prepared they might not make the decision there...and then.

My wife and i have an interview also this month and the things i have told you are the things on our interview letters. If you have children take their birth certificates. Take your degrees...........just take everything. There was one couple i read about on this forum that had their cell phones with two different cell phone providers and that caused a problem for them and so the officer asked them to provide their lease agreement. So we are taking our lease agreements.....we are taking everything....we have been in here over 12 yrs and this is our only chance....that the Lord Jesus has given us so we are not leaving anything to chance. All the best at your interview....!!

Please report back with your experience!!

Hey Everyone,

I was current in May, did my bio on May 30th and today I got my interview letter for August 22nd for me and my wife.
It is such a relief.
I hope that the interview will go smooth.

Dv 2014 ky doc and interview

Thank you for all the info on this forum
I sent the doc to KY at the end of June and I saw that were received at the begainig of July. Do I have to wait an e-mail with the intreview date? Do I have to call?
Today, I realized that I did not put the case number on each page is this bad ??? Please let me know what do you think

Green card

Finally received my green card today. Still waiting for husbands card. Can't really celebrate until we both have it. I hope soon :) I will be around until the end of this yr program to help others.
Thanks everyone for the help, suggestions and support. I find myself really lucky to find this forum and learn so much. Thanks Again. Cheers!!

Interview experience.
I checked online and my status jumped from acceptance to card production. I'd like to thank everybody here especially Mom. And Mel...Good luck for those who are still waiting....finger crossed :)
Congrats emir, Happy to see you cleared your interview after that questioning. All the best for rest of your adventures. Cheers!!

Guys
We sent I-131(AP) and I-765(EAD) with our AOS package(2 adults and one child), we got the approved AP document just for my daughter, still didn't get mine or my wife's; is this normal? I know we are still within the normal timeframes but my daughter (3 yrs old) got her AP.

Does this has to do with biometrics or FBI checks? it is worth noting that my daughter AP was rejected for missing signature but we corrected the problem and they approved it really quick.

We got my AP and EAD two months after submitting the application and my wife AP and EAD was approved about a month after so it sounds to me reasonable that it is not all approved together.

Guys
We sent I-131(AP) and I-765(EAD) with our AOS package(2 adults and one child), we got the approved AP document just for my daughter, still didn't get mine or my wife's; is this normal? I know we are still within the normal timeframes but my daughter (3 yrs old) got her AP.

Does this has to do with biometrics or FBI checks? it is worth noting that my daughter AP was rejected for missing signature but we corrected the problem and they approved it really quick.

Congrats United1!!!!!!!!!!!! dont worry he will be fine and both of you can celebrate.
Finally received my green card today. Still waiting for husbands card. Can't really celebrate until we both have it. I hope soon :) I will be around until the end of this yr program to help others.
Thanks everyone for the help, suggestions and support. I find myself really lucky to find this forum and learn so much. Thanks Again. Cheers!!

Greencard!!!!!!

Guys,

We received our gift yesterday on the day on EID, We received our greencards.
Thankyou once again to this forum and all the members for their support. This journey could not be so easy without your time, experiences and suggestions.
I am going back to INDIA on 16th very excited .!!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck to all those who are waiting......

Congratulations and Eid Mubarak!

Guys,

We received our gift yesterday on the day on EID, We received our greencards.
Thankyou once again to this forum and all the members for their support. This journey could not be so easy without your time, experiences and suggestions.
I am going back to INDIA on 16th very excited .!!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck to all those who are waiting......